Fiverr Pro is an insulting and terrible idea

We have a ranking system already and I like it. You should get some rewards for your hard work and contributions. However, I don’t like the Pro initiative because I expected it to be the next level after TRS.
New Seller > Level 1 > Level 2 > Featured > Top Rated Seller > Pro Seller
That way you could have justified higher prices with experience, reviews and contribution to the Fiverr community. Fiverr could have easily marketed it as turning their top sellers into professionals and created a separate door for high-end buyers.
That way:

• Pro sellers would get all the benefits they get now - success manager, better support, custom portfolio etc.
  • Buyers would get a guarantee that they are buying original work (not stolen logos), on time delivery and hand picked sellers who know how to communicate with their clients.
    All of this would be done under Fiverr brand, yet through a different entrance.

BUT, this is not what Fiverr had in mind. Instead they are trying to bring in external talent. I don’t hate that idea either. Being able to hire someone who worked for Google would be awesome, but why do you have to put those sellers next to the Fiverr sellers who built this company?

• giving a Pro badge to highlight external talent is fine, but you shouldn’t place them at the top of the list. They didn’t earn that spot on this platform. There are plenty of TRS here who have worked very hard for years and offering better quality than some of those new Pros. How come they are pushed down the list?
  • you might say that they are not at the top of the list. You have to manually turn on Pro gigs filter and in that sense the filter is working as expected. If a new customer comes to this platform, do you think they won’t enable that filter because they don’t wish to hire PROs? For them it means professionals vs non-professionals. The message on Pro page says that if you need the very best you should hire Pros. (What about TRS, Level 2s etc)
  • there are no clear guidelines on who is eligible for the Pro badge. How come a level 1 seller who has less than 15 reviews and hasn’t delivered anything for months qualify for the Pro badge. He could be an external talent again, but it sure does raise a lot of questions. If they worked on a larger project then tell us, what was that project. Post it in their portfolio so that customers can actually see what qualifies them as a PRO.
  • some of us here are saying that it’s an opportunity to stand next to Pros with your lower prices.
    First, some of those prices are coming down already. How long do you think it takes before they reach the same level as L2 and TRS? Do you think nobody is going to crack that code?
    Secondly, articles category has 48 gigs on the first page and 79% of those are Pro gigs. How long it takes before you’re pushed to the second page or even further? What if soon Pros will take over the first 5 pages? You can guess how many people check the second page.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not because the fiver wants to change shape from the point of view of society. It helps that I am a logo maker who thinks the concept can get higher wages and I would love this pro fiverr. For that do not disturb my fiverr pro hahaha. Welcome all

to change shape from the point of view of society. It helps that I am a logo maker who thinks the concept can

Good point. I guess is more of the same after all.

Already nobody wants to pay more than $5, for anything on fiverr. I am going to move away from fiverr, as it stands I don’t even make minimum wage. I can’t even get level 2 seller as the volume of work is never enough. My point stands, fiverr is a race to the bottom and the pro thing is just going to make it worse.

Already nobody wants to pay more than $5, for anything on fiverr. I am going to move away from fiverr, as it stands I don’t even make minimum wage. I can’t even get level 2 seller as the volume of work is never enough. My point stands, fiverr is a race to the bottom and the pro thing is just going to make it worse.

Can assure you that isn’t the case. At least half if not more of my monthly sales are from people getting $50-$150 gigs.

We have a ranking system already and I like it. You should get some rewards for your hard work and contributions. However, I don’t like the Pro initiative because I expected it to be the next level after TRS.

That way you could have justified higher prices with experience, reviews and contribution to the Fiverr community. Fiverr could have easily marketed it as turning their top sellers into professionals and created a separate door for high-end buyers.

That way:

• Pro sellers would get all the benefits they get now - success manager, better support, custom portfolio etc.
  • Buyers would get a guarantee that they are buying original work (not stolen logos), on time delivery and hand picked sellers who know how to communicate with their clients.

BUT, this is not what Fiverr had in mind. Instead they are trying to bring in external talent. I don’t hate that idea either. Being able to hire someone who worked for Google would be awesome, but why do you have to put those sellers next to the Fiverr sellers who built this company?

• giving a Pro badge to highlight external talent is fine, but you shouldn’t place them at the top of the list. They didn’t earn that spot on this platform. There are plenty of TRS here who have worked very hard for years and offering better quality than some of those new Pros. How come they are pushed down the list?
  • you might say that they are not at the top of the list. You have to manually turn on Pro gigs filter and in that sense the filter is working as expected. If a new customer comes to this platform, do you think they won’t enable that filter because they don’t wish to hire PROs? For them it means professionals vs non-professionals. The message on Pro page says that if you need the very best you should hire Pros. (What about TRS, Level 2s etc)
  • there are no clear guidelines on who is eligible for the Pro badge. How come a level 1 seller who has less than 15 reviews and hasn’t delivered anything for months qualify for the Pro badge. He could be an external talent again, but it sure does raise a lot of questions. If they worked on a larger project then tell us, what was that project. Post it in their portfolio so that customers can actually see what qualifies them as a PRO.
  • some of us here are saying that it’s an opportunity to stand next to Pros with your lower prices.

First, some of those prices are coming down already. How long do you think it takes before they reach the same level as L2 and TRS? Do you think nobody is going to crack that code?

Secondly, articles category has 48 gigs on the first page and 79% of those are Pro gigs. How long it takes before you’re pushed to the second page or even further? What if soon Pros will take over the first 5 pages? You can guess how many people check the second page.

giving a Pro badge to highlight external talent is fine, but you shouldn’t place them at the top of the list. They didn’t earn that spot on this platform. There are plenty of TRS here who have worked very hard for years and offering better quality than some of those new Pros. How come they are pushed down the list?

Very pertinent…I agree fully.

Guest jenihiggs

You seem to be calling me out and or putting me down. I can show you numbers if you want? This cnbc article shows that Fiverr users make on average $103/mo: http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/19/heres-how-much-money-americans-are-making-from-the-gig-economy.html

So I guess you would say everyone except you on Fiverr just hasn’t figured it out? Are the pro’s in the industry charging $5 for voiceover work?

It seems to me that she is just expressing a different point of view. Her answers to you are respectful and kind. I don’t think it’s fair to assume that someone is “putting you down” just because they have a different perspective from you. You’re taking it a bit too personally. People can have different opinions without being pitted against one another.

Can assure you that isn’t the case. At least half if not more of my monthly sales are from people getting $50-$150 gigs.

Already nobody wants to pay more than $5, for anything on fiverr.

I’m sorry but that is not true. I don’t offer a single thing for $5, and I am busy all the time. I am considering raising my prices again in the wake of the pro gigs. You have to have the quality in your gig to justify the price and not be afraid to lose the $5 buyers in order to get the more serious buyers.

@uncarved, meant to reply to @cgi_guy, not you.sorry.

That way:

I don’t disagree with your point about defining the levels and providing clear and measurable goals to reach them. It does not help fiverr to have mysterious criteria decided by unknown persons for the higher levels of TRS and PRO. They can create as many levels of excellence as they like for all I care, but don’t hide the process to achieve them.

I don’t disagree with your point about defining the levels and providing clear and measurable goals to reach them. It does not help fiverr to have mysterious criteria decided by unknown persons for the higher levels of TRS and PRO. They can create as many levels of excellence as they like for all I care, but don’t hide the process to achieve them.

It does not help fiverr to have mysterious criteria decided by unknown persons for the higher levels of TRS

The process of picking TRS has been mysterious since day 1 of Fiverr, it’s been like this for 7 years and, curiously enough, it didn’t prevent Fiverr from becoming a huge marketplace and platform for sellers.

Actually, I don’t even think that it’s a matter of it “helping” or “not helping” Fiverr… it’s just a process among so many other processes.

It does not help fiverr to have mysterious criteria decided by unknown persons for the higher levels of TRS

The process of picking TRS has been mysterious since day 1 of Fiverr, it’s been like this for 7 years and, curiously enough, it didn’t prevent Fiverr from becoming a huge marketplace and platform for sellers.

Actually, I don’t even think that it’s a matter of it “helping” or “not helping” Fiverr… it’s just a process among so many other processes.

curiously enough, it didn’t prevent Fiverr from becoming a huge marketplace and platform for sellers.

1. Let me guess, you already have your TRS.
  2. You are really making the point that cause something has been unfair for a long time that it is justified and cannot be improved?

curiously enough, it didn’t prevent Fiverr from becoming a huge marketplace and platform for sellers.

1. Let me guess, you already have your TRS.
  2. You are really making the point that cause something has been unfair for a long time that it is justified and cannot be improved?

I think that, if everyone knew the exact criteria by which TRSs and PROs are picked, everyone would start doing anything in their power to circumvent the system somehow and get the badge.

Having a level among all other levels that is handpicked is something that other marketplaces implement as well.

Imagine if the criteria for getting picked as TRS or PRO would be that of having huge social presence - everyone would start buying social presence and bombing their social profiles. If the criteria is having lots of reviews, they’d start exchanging reviews or some other schemes.

I think that, if everyone knew the exact criteria by which TRSs and PROs are picked, everyone would start doing anything in their power to circumvent the system somehow and get the badge.

Having a level among all other levels that is handpicked is something that other marketplaces implement as well.

Imagine if the criteria for getting picked as TRS or PRO would be that of having huge social presence - everyone would start buying social presence and bombing their social profiles. If the criteria is having lots of reviews, they’d start exchanging reviews or some other schemes.

circumvent the system somehow and get the badge.

That’s like saying if everyone knew the requirements to pass the bar exam, then they would study hard to do so. If you want people to excel then you should post the guidelines that are required to meet the expectations. I think that many would work hard to do so, if anyone tried to cheat or circumvent, that would be obvious.

circumvent the system somehow and get the badge.

That’s like saying if everyone knew the requirements to pass the bar exam, then they would study hard to do so. If you want people to excel then you should post the guidelines that are required to meet the expectations. I think that many would work hard to do so, if anyone tried to cheat or circumvent, that would be obvious.

That’s like saying if everyone knew the requirements to pass the bar exam, then they would study hard to do so.

Actually, that’s not what I meant. I was referring to people who would rather cheat than study hard 😉 I’ve seen some people on other forums engage in shady activities to get to higher levels, like buying/exchanging reviews or other things to meet the known criteria for a level quicker and unfairly, defaming other sellers who already have the desired badges; it’s quite scary to see and read all those things, especially when you’re one of the targeted sellers on those other forums 😦 Not knowing the criteria will leave the shady users guessing… Anyway, I feel like I’m going offtopic.

That’s like saying if everyone knew the requirements to pass the bar exam, then they would study hard to do so.

Actually, that’s not what I meant. I was referring to people who would rather cheat than study hard 😉 I’ve seen some people on other forums engage in shady activities to get to higher levels, like buying/exchanging reviews or other things to meet the known criteria for a level quicker and unfairly, defaming other sellers who already have the desired badges; it’s quite scary to see and read all those things, especially when you’re one of the targeted sellers on those other forums 😦 Not knowing the criteria will leave the shady users guessing… Anyway, I feel like I’m going offtopic.

I’ve seen some people on other forums engage in shady activities to get to higher levels

I do understand what you are saying, but if you drive it off of sales, then it’s not possible to cheat on a large enough scale to matter. I have often referred to the way professionally organized companies approach this. Here for example are just a few of the ReMax requirements. All professional sales organizations are designed with this transparency. Nowhere is there a “Top level is reserved for those we decide to reward behind closed doors anonymously.”

Career Awards

One of the three different types of awards within RE/MAX’s extensive awards program. Career Awards are given to individual Associates to acknowledge outstanding professional achievements. There are three different career awards: The Hall of Fame, Lifetime Achievement and Circle of Legends Awards. These are awarded by RE/MAX International and it is the responsibility of the Associate to complete and submit applications for these awards.

Circle of Legends

First awarded in 1987 with current requirements of achieving $10 million in gross commission after being with RE/MAX at least 10 years. Associates must also have already received the Hall of Fame and Lifetime Achievement awards.

Hall of Fame

Established to recognize and salute the exclusive group of top producers who have achieved more than $1 million in gross commission earnings during their career with RE/MAX. There is no years of service requirement.

Lifetime Achievement

Introduced in 1992 with requirements of 7 years of service and $7 million gross commission. Associates must have previously achieved the Hall of Fame award.

I’ve seen some people on other forums engage in shady activities to get to higher levels

I do understand what you are saying, but if you drive it off of sales, then it’s not possible to cheat on a large enough scale to matter. I have often referred to the way professionally organized companies approach this. Here for example are just a few of the ReMax requirements. All professional sales organizations are designed with this transparency. Nowhere is there a “Top level is reserved for those we decide to reward behind closed doors anonymously.”

Career Awards

One of the three different types of awards within RE/MAX’s extensive awards program. Career Awards are given to individual Associates to acknowledge outstanding professional achievements. There are three different career awards: The Hall of Fame, Lifetime Achievement and Circle of Legends Awards. These are awarded by RE/MAX International and it is the responsibility of the Associate to complete and submit applications for these awards.

Circle of Legends

First awarded in 1987 with current requirements of achieving $10 million in gross commission after being with RE/MAX at least 10 years. Associates must also have already received the Hall of Fame and Lifetime Achievement awards.

Hall of Fame

Established to recognize and salute the exclusive group of top producers who have achieved more than $1 million in gross commission earnings during their career with RE/MAX. There is no years of service requirement.

Lifetime Achievement

Introduced in 1992 with requirements of 7 years of service and $7 million gross commission. Associates must have previously achieved the Hall of Fame award.

That looks scary 😃 Just kidding.

Well, when I wrote my posts I actually thought of another huge marketplace I was part of before Fiverr, which provided clear requirements for getting your products and services approved, yet the submission process required analyzing them behind closed doors, often times resulting in rejections because of vague reasons. Doing that helped that marketplace keep itself clean and professional.

I assume that their acceptance reasons were subjective, and I presume that Fiverr’s TRS & PRO badges also have some degree of subjectivity, which would prevent Fiverr from disclosing the exact criteria as it would force them to be objective and potentially lose control over the amount of TRSs & PROs.

Or maybe I’m wrong and it’s just one of my conspiracy theories 😃

Let’s talk about the articles. Did you ever consider that Fiver PR has a hand in getting some articles, not these mentioned in the thread, any publicity is good publicity. Look at all the backlash, good and bad about Pro. It is getting people talking about Fiverr. So, by way of this new initiative, people are going to be curious about the platform, and that is great for you.

Pro is not a death sentence for anyone! Pro is just another level to meet a different group of consumers.

I was scared when I heard about it. I was mad when I got rejected from it. But, you know what, my services will meet the needs of others. And Pro is a wake up call to step up my game.

Last thought - this platform is changing because the market is changing. The Gig economy is huge and only getting bigger. More companies and individuals are realizing this. Fiverr has to grow or it will die, and then we all have nothing to benifit from.

Please, I urge you to stop fing complaining and do something. I know top rated sellers and people who do this part time on here. I know business small, medium, and large who are on here. Each seller and buyer has different stories and needs. There are plenty of buyers out there for sellers and sellers for buyers. It is all about positioning and what you do to get noticed. FIverr does everything it can to bring you the buyers. But, you got to have the best looing profile and value added service. You also have to get out there and do some things on your own to build your brand and self professionally. This is a competitive, on demand economy. Stop blaming Fiverr. Sh%t or get of the pot.

Let’s talk about the articles. Did you ever consider that Fiver PR has a hand in getting some articles, not these mentioned in the thread, any publicity is good publicity. Look at all the backlash, good and bad about Pro. It is getting people talking about Fiverr. So, by way of this new initiative, people are going to be curious about the platform, and that is great for you.

Pro is not a death sentence for anyone! Pro is just another level to meet a different group of consumers.

I was scared when I heard about it. I was mad when I got rejected from it. But, you know what, my services will meet the needs of others. And Pro is a wake up call to step up my game.

Last thought - this platform is changing because the market is changing. The Gig economy is huge and only getting bigger. More companies and individuals are realizing this. Fiverr has to grow or it will die, and then we all have nothing to benifit from.

Please, I urge you to stop fing complaining and do something. I know top rated sellers and people who do this part time on here. I know business small, medium, and large who are on here. Each seller and buyer has different stories and needs. There are plenty of buyers out there for sellers and sellers for buyers. It is all about positioning and what you do to get noticed. FIverr does everything it can to bring you the buyers. But, you got to have the best looing profile and value added service. You also have to get out there and do some things on your own to build your brand and self professionally. This is a competitive, on demand economy. Stop blaming Fiverr. Sh%t or get of the pot.

sh%t or get of the pot.

So you’ve see their 30 second commercial. 😁

No, and I do not because it will not do anything for me. I need to focus on my business. I need to focus on my Non-Fiverr projects.

No, and I do not because it will not do anything for me.

Ah, I though you were being clever, considering a toilet plays a prominent role in the spot. Apparently not.

One thing this thread has taught me is that the Fiverr seller community is very helpful / passionate. Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions on how I could earn more. The reason for this post is frustration over the arbitrariness of pro but all of your replies have made me feel better about it. @lisabaarns sorry if I was being overly defensive.

One thing this thread has taught me is that the Fiverr seller community is very helpful / passionate. Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions on how I could earn more. The reason for this post is frustration over the arbitrariness of pro but all of your replies have made me feel better about it. @lisabaarns sorry if I was being overly defensive.

And that is the real purpose of a forum - for people to share their views, frustrations, challenges etc and to hear from their peers; advice, disagreement, solidarity etc. All of this helps each person involved and the readers.

Sure, it can get heated at times but as long as people stay respectful, it is an acceptable part of the process as far as I see it.

@lisabaarns sorry if I was being overly defensive.

I didn’t take your response as overly defensive. I’m a bit older than most on this forum (my husband and I have been self employed for over 35 years now…)

We all get frustrated at points. When I was younger I was upset when things didn’t seem fair. Today I see life a bit differently (having 5 adult children also provides perspective for me). Fair or not, I can/should find ways to get better and work the system smarter.

In most cases where we’ve not done well, we learned something from it and it helped our next business.

Fiverr is going to change, like most businesses these days. Imagine if you had been earning a living driving taxis over the last 10 years, then Uber & Lift arrive and totally change the market.

Or Sears and K-Mart which didn’t change fast enough to deal with Walmart and Amazon.

Change or die, both Fiverr and sellers will need to embrace it. Fiverr will have competitors IF they don’t continue to refine and improve. Sellers who do well today are not guaranteed to do well a year from now IF they don’t get better and pay attention to the market directions.

Anyway, I’m very impressed by your maturity to both apologize (not necessary from my POV, we had a good discussion) AND willingness to publicly admit maybe there is are some options for you too.

We are all learning. If I disagree with someone, it gives me a chance to re-think my positions. Always a win.

Side note: Summer is traditionally slower on Fiverr AND all business related sites. Tons of people are on vacation this time of year, so many businesses have a few weeks of slower earnings.

Life as a freelancer, life in business, AND a perfect time for us to re-evaluate what we do and how we do it.

I’m rethinking our pricing, working on new demos, and looking at what marketing I can do to make summer great, while others take time off.

How can I add more value for my clients, and have them be willing to invest more with me? How do it get more to know I can deliver what they need at a fair price, but NOT the cheapest price?

What results can I get for them to improve their return for investing in me?

I recommend others consider the same thing.

Best!

What is this Fiverr Pro stuff people are talking about? Will it affect my gigs too?

Here you go:

favicon.icoFiverr Forum
1a09e8be3b53940fbbed3020bfca9ba5593d9630_1_690x458.png

The Start of Something Big: Meet Fiverr Pro

2017 has been an incredible year for us. We kicked it off with the launch of our #InDoersWeTrust campaign, focused on helping lean entrepreneurs pursue their passions and create the life and career they want, rather than one their demographic,...

Reading time: 50 mins ? Likes: 1769 ❤

why don’t we this pro stuff for other categories ?

Archived