Fiverr Pro is an insulting and terrible idea

@lisabaarns sorry if I was being overly defensive.

I didn’t take your response as overly defensive. I’m a bit older than most on this forum (my husband and I have been self employed for over 35 years now…)

We all get frustrated at points. When I was younger I was upset when things didn’t seem fair. Today I see life a bit differently (having 5 adult children also provides perspective for me). Fair or not, I can/should find ways to get better and work the system smarter.

In most cases where we’ve not done well, we learned something from it and it helped our next business.

Fiverr is going to change, like most businesses these days. Imagine if you had been earning a living driving taxis over the last 10 years, then Uber & Lift arrive and totally change the market.

Or Sears and K-Mart which didn’t change fast enough to deal with Walmart and Amazon.

Change or die, both Fiverr and sellers will need to embrace it. Fiverr will have competitors IF they don’t continue to refine and improve. Sellers who do well today are not guaranteed to do well a year from now IF they don’t get better and pay attention to the market directions.

Anyway, I’m very impressed by your maturity to both apologize (not necessary from my POV, we had a good discussion) AND willingness to publicly admit maybe there is are some options for you too.

We are all learning. If I disagree with someone, it gives me a chance to re-think my positions. Always a win.

Side note: Summer is traditionally slower on Fiverr AND all business related sites. Tons of people are on vacation this time of year, so many businesses have a few weeks of slower earnings.

Life as a freelancer, life in business, AND a perfect time for us to re-evaluate what we do and how we do it.

I’m rethinking our pricing, working on new demos, and looking at what marketing I can do to make summer great, while others take time off.

How can I add more value for my clients, and have them be willing to invest more with me? How do it get more to know I can deliver what they need at a fair price, but NOT the cheapest price?

What results can I get for them to improve their return for investing in me?

I recommend others consider the same thing.

Best!

The more I read this, The more I like it. This is so so much true…Optimism and maturity at its best!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t kid yourself. Fiverr is money grabbing machine and they don’t care about sellers. They indulge only buyers on the expense of sellers.

Same will be with this Fiverr Pro feature.

They don’t offer any quality control nor do they check client service or support. What they favor is big spending clients, but just try to get into dialogue with Fiverr and Fiverr support and you will see how much they value your opinion.

This is just another lvl which they are forcing out without proper quality inspection.

Sad sad sad 😦

Don’t kid yourself. Fiverr is money grabbing machine and they don’t care about sellers. They indulge only buyers on the expense of sellers.

They don’t offer any quality control nor do they check client service or support. What they favor is big spending clients, but just try to get into dialogue with Fiverr and Fiverr support and you will see how much they value your opinion.

This is just another lvl which they are forcing out without proper quality inspection.

Sad sad sad 😦

Fiverr is money grabbing machine

I know - a business that seeks to make money is evil isn’t it? Even worse! They value big spenders more than $5 buyers - disgraceful!

You say that Fiverr don’t check quality control, client service or support - do you mean for Pro gigs? Care to share some evidence about your claims because what you are suggesting is the complete opposite of what Fiverr has said.

Hey there, I am a Fiverr PRO seller in the articles and blogs category.

The important thing to remember here is that PRO will not cannibalize the regular Fiverr gigs. They are two different products, designed for two different markets. Price-sensitive clients will continue to use the current Fiverr services, clients with more marketing budget will use the PRO services, because of “perceived quality.”

Now, whether they should be on the same marketplace as each other, and issues with getting more sellers for your regular gigs are a different debate, but the existence of PRO by itself doesn’t dilute the need for regular Fiverr services. It’s simply them making a play for a different market segment.

I know - a business that seeks to make money is evil isn’t it? Even worse! They value big spenders more than $5 buyers - disgraceful!

You say that Fiverr don’t check quality control, client service or support - do you mean for Pro gigs? Care to share some evidence about your claims because what you are suggesting is the complete opposite of what Fiverr has said.

I am not sure why you are being sarcastic? Who said anything about being evil?

You are a bit newbie seller on Fiverr, but ask anyone who had been longer with them how they treat sellers.

I would love to share my entire experience if Fiverr would let me show how they treat sellers. I see that you are a moderator so ask Fiverr support to share my experience with them and how they favor the buyer.

Btw, congrats on becoming a moderator. I am confident that you earned it, right?!

On the other note, is that samoyed beside you? 😃

You are a bit newbie seller on Fiverr, but ask anyone who had been longer with them how they treat sellers.

I would love to share my entire experience if Fiverr would let me show how they treat sellers. I see that you are a moderator so ask Fiverr support to share my experience with them and how they favor the buyer.

Btw, congrats on becoming a moderator. I am confident that you earned it, right?!

I’ve been with Fiverr since their beginning days, and they’ve treated me professionally, with nothing but respect, and as a friendly, too. I’ve also seen huge improvements in Customer Support over the years, sellers were (and still are) allowed to meet the support teams in person at various events/meetups…

I’ve had good long dialogues with their support team, and they value me as a seller just as I expect from them.

And with the addition of success managers, the support experience has increased to a whole new level!

Well, your description of Fiverr being a “Money grabbing machine” doesnt exactly come across as a good thing.

Yes, I am a newer seller of only 2 years, a veritable child compared to someone who is here for 6 years. I have been involved in discussing Fiverr with many sellers who have been around the same amount of time and longer than you and they do not have the same opinion as you.

So you have had a bad experience, as have others - it hardly qualifies you to say that Fiverr treat all sellers badly, does it? Don’t worry, I see stories of how people believe they have been treated badly and one or two who I believe actually have been treated badly, it still doesnt warrant such a sweeping generalization as you made.

Yes, I became a mod due to my extreme hard work, dedication, knowledge, good looks, striking personality willingness to be one when one was needed and being known as a regular contributor to the forum.

2 white Labradors, thanks for asking - your condescension is forgiven 😃

Well, your description of Fiverr being a “Money grabbing machine” doesnt exactly come across as a good thing.

Yes, I am a newer seller of only 2 years, a veritable child compared to someone who is here for 6 years. I have been involved in discussing Fiverr with many sellers who have been around the same amount of time and longer than you and they do not have the same opinion as you.

So you have had a bad experience, as have others - it hardly qualifies you to say that Fiverr treat all sellers badly, does it? Don’t worry, I see stories of how people believe they have been treated badly and one or two who I believe actually have been treated badly, it still doesnt warrant such a sweeping generalization as you made.

Yes, I became a mod due to my extreme hard work, dedication, knowledge, good looks, striking personality willingness to be one when one was needed and being known as a regular contributor to the forum.

Yes, I am a newer seller of only 2 years, a veritable child

@eoinfinnegan Hey are you old enough to get that pint I offered to buy you? Don’t want to contribute to the delinquency of a minor. 😏

Yes, I am a newer seller of only 2 years, a veritable child

@eoinfinnegan Hey are you old enough to get that pint I offered to buy you? Don’t want to contribute to the delinquency of a minor. 😏

Hey are you old enough to get that pint I offered to buy you? Don’t want to contribute to the delinquency of a minor. 😏

Eoin is physically old enough to drink legally… 😜

Sad sad sad 😦

Its a platform wherein everybody gets a chance to sell his/her specialization. Yes, for the old hats like you, who had the good fortune of starting earlier, do have the lead…🙂 That lead in terms of projects and reputation, has to consistently fight it out against the new talent, who may be cheaper. So its all a matter of supply and demand.

I believe its a good platform overall. Everyone here is looking to earn, even the Fiverr team, so nothing wrong in that. 🙂

they don’t care about sellers

I am sure most of us are intelligent enough to know that Fiverr for most, may just be suited for a part time profession. However, the site will become better in case the bad reviews of sellers be reviewed by Fiverr Support, and in genuine cases, if the buyer has been at fault, the rating may be either changed or better be nullified.

Its a platform wherein everybody gets a chance to sell his/her specialization. Yes, for the old hats like you, who had the good fortune of starting earlier, do have the lead…🙂 That lead in terms of projects and reputation, has to consistently fight it out against the new talent, who may be cheaper. So its all a matter of supply and demand.

I believe its a good platform overall. Everyone here is looking to earn, even the Fiverr team, so nothing wrong in that. 🙂

I am sure most of us are intelligent enough to know that Fiverr for most, may just be suited for a part time profession. However, the site will become better in case the bad reviews of sellers be reviewed by Fiverr Support, and in genuine cases, if the buyer has been at fault, the rating may be either changed or better be nullified.

I am sure most of us are intelligent enough to know that Fiverr for most, may just be suited for a part time profession.

The best way to approach it is to see it as a part time profession but do it full time like I do. So I just go with the flow, make good money but never have too many expectations or put myself under pressure.

I am sure most of us are intelligent enough to know that Fiverr for most, may just be suited for a part time profession.

The best way to approach it is to see it as a part time profession but do it full time like I do. So I just go with the flow, make good money but never have too many expectations or put myself under pressure.

Ok sir. I meant most of us only. Exceptionally talented few like you, are always there everywhere.

Ok sir. I meant most of us only. Exceptionally talented few like you, are always there everywhere.

There are a lot of people who are doing exceptionally well…like a young lady whose post you may have seen - started only 2 years back, already got 4000 reviews. Anyone can make it here, requires commitment and selling what is in demand or what the audience wants.

There are a lot of people who are doing exceptionally well…like a young lady whose post you may have seen - started only 2 years back, already got 4000 reviews. Anyone can make it here, requires commitment and selling what is in demand or what the audience wants.

I said a few because, how many of such are those…

Actually, my beginning was extremely hard. I worked at least 16 hours a day and I withdraw my first 100$ after 9 months of work, so I am not sure how much it helped an early start. I remember that mostly I would work two days a night in row without even bulging from the chair.

I do agree with you that those who came first when FIverr just opened got the best of it and most of them are rated as TRS although there is no valid reason for them to be, but hey it doesn’t matter how much you work and provide top quality service and support rather how much money you bring them. As long as you are golden goose they will close their eye and let you provide bad service and quality. I just hope that this will not be the case with FIVERR PRO, but I bet my whole experience with Fiverr that it will be.

Btw, I replied to earlier posts with a specific experience I had, but my post was removed by Fiverr moderator. They contacted me on my email while I was asleep so I couldn’t reply sooner. I would expect them to give me at least 8 hours to reply back, but I guess that 14 minutes in 3 AM in the morning while I am sleeping is more then enough for me to present my case and leave the reply open. However, I do understand that it is not in Fiverr’s interest to be heard and shared with everyone how they treat sellers and their MO.

p.s. I am at least happy that one member read my story before they removed his dreadful comment ‘‘Wow. I can’t believe all that. It really sucks!’’ too as well.

Mod Note: The post that is referred to above as being “removed” by a moderator because “it is not in Fiverr’s interest to be heard and shared with everyone how they treat sellers and their MO” was actually moved to a new topic here as it was off-topic in this thread - being a new topic will probably give it more exposure too so the above claim doesn’t stand.

Yes, I became a mod due to my extreme hard work, dedication, knowledge, good looks, striking personality

:rolling_eyes:

Sad sad sad 😦

Fiverr is money grabbing machine and they don’t care about sellers.

For me it is a money making machine. I have made a grand investment of $0 on Fiverr and made God knows how much…what’s not to like…

I’ve only given Fiverr my time - lots of time - which I happen to have in abundance and which costs me nothing.

Actually, my beginning was extremely hard. I worked at least 16 hours a day and I withdraw my first 100$ after 9 months of work, so I am not sure how much it helped an early start. I remember that mostly I would work two days a night in row without even bulging from the chair.

I do agree with you that those who came first when FIverr just opened got the best of it and most of them are rated as TRS although there is no valid reason for them to be, but hey it doesn’t matter how much you work and provide top quality service and support rather how much money you bring them. As long as you are golden goose they will close their eye and let you provide bad service and quality. I just hope that this will not be the case with FIVERR PRO, but I bet my whole experience with Fiverr that it will be.

Btw, I replied to earlier posts with a specific experience I had, but my post was removed by Fiverr moderator. They contacted me on my email while I was asleep so I couldn’t reply sooner. I would expect them to give me at least 8 hours to reply back, but I guess that 14 minutes in 3 AM in the morning while I am sleeping is more then enough for me to present my case and leave the reply open. However, I do understand that it is not in Fiverr’s interest to be heard and shared with everyone how they treat sellers and their MO.

p.s. I am at least happy that one member read my story before they removed his dreadful comment ‘‘Wow. I can’t believe all that. It really sucks!’’ too as well.

Mod Note: The post that is referred to above as being “removed” by a moderator because “it is not in Fiverr’s interest to be heard and shared with everyone how they treat sellers and their MO” was actually moved to a new topic here as it was off-topic in this thread - being a new topic will probably give it more exposure too so the above claim doesn’t stand.

Yeah you have been an achiever, and hopefully a source of inspiration for newbies like us. We will be happier to hear your side of the story rather than Fiverr bashing…(many of us are already too pessimistic to start…🙂

Archived