Fiverr Pro badge - great pro sellers finally arrive! - offering logos at 3k$ basic gig price LOL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I’d be a PRO brand designer, I’d charge that “hefty” price as well, and would you like to know why? Here’s some insight into what goes in a proper brand design service, which will make you realize that they’re actually not charging too much 😉

carefully designing a color palette, while also keeping in mind the cultural meaning of colors to avoid cultural color conflicts (i.e. a color might be seen as dangerous and avoidable in some cultures, sometimes you definitely don’t want that)

• designing a logo mark that scales properly without losing clarity, that has a specific tone to convey the proper meaning to the targeted audience after analyzing that audience and all about it (this is a very sensitive matter)

• designing a logo type, either with a carefully chosen typeface [combo] that may require purchasing font licenses, or sometimes entirely designing a type from scratch (which costs even more!)

• sometimes the client doesn’t have a tagline and asks the service provider to come up with a proper tag line by assessing the market/audience they’re targeting, which can cost quite a lot

• designing several logo layouts to put the logo design in context for various applications / collaterals

• providing revisions all the way until the end of the job since a bad brand design can ruin a company altogether, which implicitly makes the price go up a lot

• creating complementary stationery designs for internal & external use

• creating a proper Brand Style Guide (brand identity manual) for all users of the logo, which costs a lot since it’s an actual guide book/booklet

• putting everything together to tell the brand story in a visually concise way

steering away from using templates at all times, which is something all PRO sellers must do to provide a custom experience based on the clients’ individual needs

As you can see, there is a lot of responsibility and careful design choices involved when designing a brand logo and the brand itself. 3K is also not much considering the value it will give to the hiring company in the long run 😉

CONCLUSION: avoid criticizing a service/niche if you’re not entirely sure what goes on in that service/niche;

Have you seen brand designers at work and the things they do and how they do it? You’d charge even more if you’d see the things they do! It’s amazing to see them work in real-time and I’ve had this opportunity, to see how they think about aspects you’d have never thought of, making it feel like they’re part of the client’s company, the efforts they put into that company’s image

If I’d be a PRO brand designer, I’d charge that “hefty” price as well, and would you like to know why? Here’s some insight into what goes in a proper brand design service, which will make you realize that they’re actually not charging too much 😉

carefully designing a color palette, while also keeping in mind the cultural meaning of colors to avoid cultural color conflicts (i.e. a color might be seen as dangerous and avoidable in some cultures, sometimes you definitely don’t want that)

• designing a logo mark that scales properly without losing clarity, that has a specific tone to convey the proper meaning to the targeted audience after analyzing that audience and all about it (this is a very sensitive matter)

• designing a logo type, either with a carefully chosen typeface [combo] that may require purchasing font licenses, or sometimes entirely designing a type from scratch (which costs even more!)

• sometimes the client doesn’t have a tagline and asks the service provider to come up with a proper tag line by assessing the market/audience they’re targeting, which can cost quite a lot

• designing several logo layouts to put the logo design in context for various applications / collaterals

• providing revisions all the way until the end of the job since a bad brand design can ruin a company altogether, which implicitly makes the price go up a lot

• creating a proper Brand Style Guide (brand identity manual) for all users of the logo, which costs a lot since it’s an actual guide book/booklet

steering away from using templates at all times, which is something all PRO sellers must do to provide a custom experience based on the clients’ individual needs

As you can see, there is a lot of responsibility and careful design choices involved when designing a brand logo and the brand itself. 3K is also not much considering the value it will give to the hiring company in the long run 😉

CONCLUSION: avoid criticizing a service/niche if you’re not entirely sure what goes on in that service/niche;

Have you seen brand designers at work and the things they do and how they do it? You’d charge even more if you’d see the things they do! It’s amazing to see them work in real-time and I’ve had this opportunity, to see how they think about aspects you’d have never thought of, making it feel like they’re part of the client’s company, the efforts they put into that company’s image

You forgot drawing the sketches by hand, several of them, until the client likes one of them, then moving on with the chosen sketch (and doing all the things that you’ve mentioned). 🙂

Oh, and using only professional (licensed!) software. That used to be quite expensive, until monthly subscriptions became available (it’s still costly, of course, just not as much as it used to be).

The entire process takes quite a while, starting with the careful study of the client’s brand, their target audience and goals, then the sketches, then all the rest. It can’t be done in 24 hours, and the starting price (for logo alone, without other branding stuff) is often $500+.

Plus making sure the colors and design are compatible with the clients production and packing methods.

And then there is the part i personally hate and that’s the trademarking process. Even if you designed what you think is the most unique logo you still need to do hours and hours of research to make sure the logo will pass the registration process. Otherwise the client could loose 200-1000 if they have to reapply. + The fees for a new logo.

You forgot drawing the sketches by hand, several of them, until the client likes one of them, then moving on with the chosen sketch (and doing all the things that you’ve mentioned). 🙂

Oh, and using only professional (licensed!) software. That used to be quite expensive, until monthly subscriptions became available (it’s still costly, of course, just not as much as it used to be).

The entire process takes quite a while, starting with the careful study of the client’s brand, their target audience and goals, then the sketches, then all the rest. It can’t be done in 24 hours, and the starting price (for logo alone, without other branding stuff) is often $500+.

You forgot drawing the sketches by hand, several of them, until the client likes one of them

I actually included those implicitly in the logo “design” part, but yeah, those play an essential part!

Oh, and using only professional (licensed!) software.

That I did forget - great catch!

Even if you designed what you think is the most unique logo you still need to do hours and hours of research to make sure the logo will pass the registration process.

Exactly, and all these things bump up the pricing of such a service a lot. Most see a logo graphic, and they think it’s so easy to do it, just grab a piece of free software (or otherwise obtained software), play with the tools and voila. But brand design is not just about designing a graphic, it’s so much more, it’s so much fascinating than a simple graphic - there’s so much brain power put into a brand’s image, which explains the what-we-see-as-high price.

Look friend, prices are higher than ours, i’m a designer myself here and their prices are higher than mine, but i personally charge similar prices in local projects, or outside of Fiverr. I’m not talking for 3k$, but i’m talking for 300-1k$.

I know that there are a lot of great new sellers, level 1, 2 and top rated sellers who have great skills, but the reason that those guys are selling higher prices is that they are well known names in the industry. You will see that they have worked for big brands and know how to handle corporate size clients, or clients with higher budget. Those clients require a brand not just a logo.

Having a logo design made and having a brand created are two separate things.

A Brand is way more than a logo, while a logo is an element of the brand that represents a brand, but there are typography, color palettes, and specific guides on how and where to use a logo. Those guys are offering that type of service, at least most of them.

So, if you will ask me, even though they are my direct competitors, i wouldn’t doubt their skills. We may be very good too, but we still haven’t got the pro badge, and i haven’t applied yet, until then, we should respect each other, including those guys who have Pro Gigs.

I told you, i don’t agree with Fiverr on how they have ranked those gigs, but freelancers don’t have any fault on Fiverr searches.

Peace,

Dan

Very very true…We all need to respect each other. The quoted rates are generally directly proportional to the volume of work the individual has. So, it’s safe to assume that he/she is looking for less work from fiverr as of now. Anyway, why should it even matter to someone, other than the prospective clients, that a PRO gig is charging 1000 or 10k? All of us need to compete with ourselves, focus on improving ourselves and our gigs, rather than looking at others…

दुनिया में लोग अपने सुख से उतने खुश नहीं होते, जितना दूसरों को दुखी देख कर होते हैं।

People in this world get more pleasure out of other’s miseries rather than from their own blessings…

@manish30885 I did not mean to hurt you in anyway and if I did, I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart.

and I know people here are highly judgmental. They always tend to kill the voice of an awareness post and make the poster feel like his the offender not the other way around.

I am not judgmental. I know exactly what you did and I know that you meant. To express your point of view while being funny. What I was upset at was the fact you sent a letter to a seller for apparent reason.

Lesson learned: Don’t raise any awareness of any “weird” thing happening here on Fiverr… just mind my own damn business.

The forum is the very place where we should be sharing our opinions!

And just to confirm, I’m not against your sentiment. I’m just as confused about this feature as you are.

Otherwise I will be threatened to have my account suspended.

I’m again sorry I came across that I was threatening to suspend your account. Like @fonthaunt said, I don’t have the power to do anything like that. The only thing I can do is send a message to support. (Which I won’t do because you have apologized.) I was explaining that something like that can result in an account suspension, warning or deletion.

The forum is an open place. Please, feel free to post anything you want. I’m a regular forum user just like you.

I hope I’ve cleared things up and we’ve renewed our forum friendship. 😄

@manish30885 I did not mean to hurt you in anyway and if I did, I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart.

I wasn’t hurt by you bro. I am just tired of being misunderstood time and again in the forums regarding what opinions I express. I never wish to target anyone directly yet I am the one who gets targeted or my comments/posts reported apparently. Anyway, I apologized too for my mistakes. No need for you to say sorry… although I appreciate that you feel so. It means you’re honest and have a good heart. Most people do mistakes and they aren’t even willing to accept it… just blame others or make them feel guilty. That’s judgmental people I hate to deal with.

I am not judgmental. I know exactly what you did and I know that you meant. To express your point of view while being funny. What I was upset at was the fact you sent a letter to a seller for apparent reason.

yes. I was being sarcastic. Not all people understand sarcasm that easily. It’s my mistake that I can’t stop being sarcastic about a certain topic of discussion. … or maybe it’s my own way of expressing things that others don’t appreciate. Once I expressed my opinion about some sellers using fake female pics on their profiles. I was talking in general terms but one intelligent lady jumped up her judgmental gun on me and started reporting my post and messages just because she presumed it was her that I “might” be talking about… like come on… how narrow minded people can be??

then everyone started targeting me and I had to apologize … for the mistakes that I never committed in the first place!

I hope I’ve cleared things up and we’ve renewed our forum friendship. 😄

Honestly I have no friends here in the forum. … and I don’t expect anyone to be my friend either here. For that, there’s a far more friendly forum that I know which exists somewhere on the internet. It’s called Facebook.

Thanks

Very very true…We all need to respect each other. The quoted rates are generally directly proportional to the volume of work the individual has. So, it’s safe to assume that he/she is looking for less work from fiverr as of now. Anyway, why should it even matter to someone, other than the prospective clients, that a PRO gig is charging 1000 or 10k? All of us need to compete with ourselves, focus on improving ourselves and our gigs, rather than looking at others…

दुनिया में लोग अपने सुख से उतने खुश नहीं होते, जितना दूसरों को दुखी देख कर होते हैं।

People in this world get more pleasure out of other’s miseries rather than from their own blessings…

Better way to put it - doosron ki khushi dekhkar khudd dhukhi hote hain. [Translation: Nothing makes people more sad than when they see other people happy.]

Better way to put it - doosron ki khushi dekhkar khudd dhukhi hote hain. [Translation: Nothing makes people more sad than when they see other people happy.]

doosron ki khushi dekhkar khudd dhukhi hote hain.

Edit: Cool! 🙂

In case if you still didn’t get my full point of criticism, I wasn’t criticizing the niche or service but the seller taking advantage of having a Pro badge Mr. Woofy. Although now as we know Fiverr itself appointed them from outside so now things have a changed perspective as to what their intentions were behind those exorbitant price tags. I am not judging now. They can do all they want as long as Fiverr supports them. It’s us hard working sellers who will struggle to get the badge after spending 30 minutes to 1 hour filling up their pro form and awaiting the badge despite having real experience working for clients here on Fiverr. Well, still not judging. 🙂 Some people have their easy way to get things. While most earn it the hard way. I believe in earning it THE HARD WAY, BY MY TALENT, MY SINCERITY AND MY WORK ETHICS TOWARDS MY CLIENTS.

As for the niche, I am myself AN ARTIST, A GRAPHIC DESIGNER, I WORK ON COREL PAINTER, DO DIGITAL ARTS, PHOTOSHOP AND ILLUSTRATOR LOGO DESIGN. I know how much talented and skilled work it really is.

The thing is, I just don’t have time to open gigs for these niches because my main talent and interest has always been in music. So, don’t think that I was criticizing the niche of that seller. I don’t have to repeat myself just because you misunderstood it. Those who did understand, I appreciate their comments.

So no point in targeting that niche or belittling it. I hope it’s clear for you sir.

Thanks

I think this thread should be closed. OP made a mistake, learned his lesson, now if it continues it looks like everyone is having fun at his expense. Let’s just move on and mods delete this thread please.

Don’t forget you also dropped a political comment (which I think is against ToS… as no political comments should be made concerning one’s country or religion haha).

So, I wasn’t trying to be Kejriwal or Mr. Modi. That doesn’t even makes sense. You’re an Indian so I understand why you mentioned that.

Anyway, I know people like to poke fun at expense of others. It isn’t the first time that I’ve discovered this mentality. It’s quite common.

btw for you @writer99025 and @deeptijadli14 , one hindi phrase for you two:

मैं वो नहीं जो अपने सुख से नाख़ुश रहता हूँ या दूसरों के दुख से दुखी होता हूँ या दूसरों के सुख से जलता हूँ

अरे मुझे तो अपनों ने मारा, गैरों में क्या दम है मुझे प्रभावित करने का?

मैं वो हूँ , जो दूसरों के दुःख को देख अपना दुःख भूल जाता हूँ … और दूसरों की खुशियों के बहाने खुद कभी कभी तनहाइयों में मुस्कुरा लेता हूँ

क्योंकि जीना इसी को कहते हैं 🙂

English translation for all you US people:

I am not the one who is unhappy with self or unhappy due to other’s sorrows or happiness

I am the one who got betrayed by his own family… who else then would have the courage to influence me?

I am the one who tends to forget his own sorrows seeing others in pain… and the one who smiles alone seeing the happiness of others.

This is life

Thanks,

Manish

Don’t forget you also dropped a political comment (which I think is against ToS… as no political comments should be made concerning one’s country or religion haha).

So, I wasn’t trying to be Kejriwal or Mr. Modi. That doesn’t even makes sense. You’re an Indian so I understand why you mentioned that.

Anyway, I know people like to poke fun at expense of others. It isn’t the first time that I’ve discovered this mentality. It’s quite common.

मैं वो नहीं जो अपने सुख से नाख़ुश रहता हूँ या दूसरों के दुख से दुखी होता हूँ या दूसरों के सुख से जलता हूँ

मैं वो हूँ , जो दूसरों के दुःख को देख अपना दुःख भूल जाता हूँ … और दूसरों की खुशियों के बहाने खुद कभी कभी तनहाइयों में मुस्कुरा लेता हूँ

I am not the one who is unhappy with self or unhappy due to other’s sorrows or happiness

I am the one who got betrayed by his own family… who else then would have the courage to influence me?

I am the one who tends to forget his own sorrows seeing others in pain… and the one who smiles alone seeing the happiness of others.

This is life

Thanks,

Manish

Beautiful! Chalo bhai, I am promoting you to PM Modi from Kejriwal 😆 Relax. Don’t take everything seriously.

This is life

Thanks,

Manish

My comments were not directed at you @manish30885, but merely intended to share the harsh reality of life. But yes, what I meant to suggest was that if one is not succeeding at something, pointing fingers at Fiverr, or Fiverr PRO actually wont help. Whats required is to look within, try and find ways n means as to what and what not are you doing right, be optimistic…and surely success will follow…If you’ve made a mistake(if at all you have realised so), then accept that …and just move on! We all are humans and always have the capacity to improve…As a fellow freelancer, I wish you all the best for succeeding.

Also, जब कोई गलती करता है तो उसके परिवारवालों की जिम्मेवारी बनती है उसे सही मार्ग दिखाने की! "When someone makes a mistake, its the family’s duty to show him the right path."
Hope u got my point…

wow.

personally i think the pro badge thingy is just absurd cos its just about people applying, filling information and getting approved.
how does that confirm that the seller is a PRO?
who is a PRO?

This badge thing will only get buyers deceived and buyers will never be happy with fiverr for this deceit called PRO badge.

i checked the application page and i couldnt just bring myself to fill all those requirements cos i dont have the time. perhaps, a seller who offers article writing services will take his time to do so, lol…

My opinion is that the PRO badge should have been added as another level after level 2 which practically confirms that a seller has delivered a number of orders, with great reviews and ratings plus excellent communication with buyer…

PEACE

wow.

personally i think the pro badge thingy is just absurd cos its just about people applying, filling information and getting approved.

how does that confirm that the seller is a PRO?

who is a PRO?

This badge thing will only get buyers deceived and buyers will never be happy with fiverr for this deceit called PRO badge.

i checked the application page and i couldnt just bring myself to fill all those requirements cos i dont have the time. perhaps, a seller who offers article writing services will take his time to do so, lol…

My opinion is that the PRO badge should have been added as another level after level 2 which practically confirms that a seller has delivered a number of orders, with great reviews and ratings plus excellent communication with buyer…

PEACE

My opinion is that the PRO badge should have been added as another level after level 2 which practically confirms that a seller has delivered a number of orders

Putting it after Level 2 and before TRS would confuse buyers even more: who will be a better professional, the “PRO” or the “TRS”? 😶

My opinion is that the PRO badge should have been added as another level after level 2 which practically confirms that a seller has delivered a number of orders

Putting it after Level 2 and before TRS would confuse buyers even more: who will be a better professional, the “PRO” or the “TRS”? 😶

top rated will be hand picked by fiverr but a PRO, just like level 2 will have requirements e.g active acount of 5 months, 100 completed order, minimum of 97% rating and excellent communication with buyers…

something like that…

is this clear sir?

top rated will be hand picked by fiverr but a PRO, just like level 2 will have requirements e.g active acount of 5 months, 100 completed order, minimum of 97% rating and excellent communication with buyers…

something like that…

is this clear sir?

is this clear sir?

Not really, because as a buyer myself I would have a hard time deciding between a Pro and a TRS - who is the better one? Obviously “pro” sounds like the true professional, but then you have “TRS”, so how is a TRS compared to a true professional? Why would a buyer chose a “Trs” instead of a true "pro"fessional?

This will confuse many buyers, sir.

What would you choose: a true pro seller, or a top rated seller? It’s a very fine line there…

is this clear sir?

Not really, because as a buyer myself I would have a hard time deciding between a Pro and a TRS - who is the better one? Obviously “pro” sounds like the true professional, but then you have “TRS”, so how is a TRS compared to a true professional? Why would a buyer chose a “Trs” instead of a true "pro"fessional?

What would you choose: a true pro seller, or a top rated seller? It’s a very fine line there…

A TRS will obviously have achieved PRO badge before getting a chance to be selected as a TRS (check all TRS on fiverr… they have achieved the level 2 badge before becoming a TRS) …

thus i think PRO should be another badge after level 2 and the TRS will be handpicked among the PROs.

this present method of approving PRO badge is too flawed… Fiverr is approving mostly amateurs for the PRO badge and it will tell on the buyer community.

Also, you will notice that the % of new sellers presently with the PRO badge is way high that level 2 sellers. what does that tell you sir?

A TRS will obviously have achieved PRO badge before getting a chance to be selected as a TRS (check all TRS on fiverr… they have achieved the level 2 badge before becoming a TRS) …

thus i think PRO should be another badge after level 2 and the TRS will be handpicked among the PROs.

this present method of approving PRO badge is too flawed… Fiverr is approving mostly amateurs for the PRO badge and it will tell on the buyer community.

Also, you will notice that the % of new sellers presently with the PRO badge is way high that level 2 sellers. what does that tell you sir?

Also, you will notice that the % of new sellers presently with the PRO badge is way high that level 2 sellers.

That is actually false, because it’s been discussed already that the majority of sellers on Fiverr are Level 2 sellers, not pro sellers, so it’s impossible to be more Pro sellers than Level 2 sellers, it’s just not possible: Level 2 sellers have been on Fiverr for years, Pro sellers are just emerging since a month or so.

is this clear sir?

to your final question…

a TRS gets a higher chance than a PRO cos a PRO will be a higher level than level 2 but TRS is a “fiverr favoured” level.

using the present PRO approval method, buyers will feel a PRO badge is better than level 2 and a TRS.

hows that to you? TRUE?

to your final question…

a TRS gets a higher chance than a PRO cos a PRO will be a higher level than level 2 but TRS is a “fiverr favoured” level.

using the present PRO approval method, buyers will feel a PRO badge is better than level 2 and a TRS.

hows that to you? TRUE?

Let’s just agree to disagree 😉

Archived