What percentage of your buyers leave you reviews?

mayasayvanova

• 2 weeks later...

70% after ~1,700 gigs.

Easy to get reviews in the early stages for me, now with so many repeat buyers, some only rate a subset of their orders. (They are very busy sellers too…)

What matters most is how your overall ratings compare with your peers in the same category. Some categories get mostly one time buyers, some get a mix and repeat buyers often stop rating, depending on how busy they are.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

With almost 900 orders my review rate is 87%. Not too shabby. I think what makes a difference for me is having a very positive personal relationship with my customers. I notice a lot of my customers use my first name when they leave a review. That tells me that we have built a great rapport. I never ask for reviews but I often write the customer when the order is completed and tell thank thanks for the honor of working on their projects. Many of my projects are bigger orders that take a lot of back and forth between myself and the customer so we have time to get to know each other.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Guest simonpaks

As you stated it is never wise to ask for a good or positive review directly. My rating is at 71% currently, and despite the fact that i need those reviews so much I always wait until my customer is very happy with my work and request for a review. It is advantageous at times since i would have done over 5 orders for the client and they will review them at once.

Mine is 65%, I used a solicit reviews in the beginning, but I stopped doing it after a while and haven’t done it for a while now, as I didn’t find it affected the percentage of reviewers that much. Some buyers just don’t like/can’t be bothered and that is cool, I don’t want to hassle them to leave a review - people are busy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

When this post was started, mine was closer to 85%. Now, it’s just 78%. Wonder what went wrong; seems your rates drop as your orders increase.

It’s true. I used to have higher percentage also, but I have about 1100 orders completed now and it’s stuck at 67%. But I’m fine with it, it’s also true that when you have a lot of repeat clients they stop leaving reviews after a while. They feel they’ve said it all.

Considering almost 700 people have left me reviews and my overall feedback is 4.9, I am very happy 🙂

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

84%

When buyers who don’t leave a review come back for another order I tax them by not giving them some advantages I would normally grant them. It’s kind of a you-did-not-leave-a-review-tax.

You never know. You probably are better off without any review than with negative reviews that could have come. Please relieve such repeat buyers of your tax burden!

• Like 7

By the way, on a slightly related but different note, have you had buyers that leave you say 4 stars or 4.3 or 4.7, but then become return buyers or leave you a tip.
I’m very confused from clients like that. I wonder if they have pressed the wrong button or something 😕

• Like 7