What percentage of your buyers leave you reviews?

mayasayvanova

4.3 and 4.7 are bugs. Buyers leave a 5 star review through the app (which is buggy), but it ends up as 4.3 or 4.7.

Really?? That sucks! Does it affect the percentage rating? Also, from I see in my analytics section, 4.3 counts as 4 star review and not 5.

I thought it’s that they don’t leave 5 star on all 3 options they have. If they leave 3 star on one, it comes to 4.3. If they leave 4 star on one, it comes to 4.7

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine is 89%. Yes, we should ask buyer to leave a review because maximum buyers normally skip this step!

we should ask buyer to leave a review

You can simply place that in the text you use to deliver the product. Something like “If you have questions, please let me know. If you are happy with the work, I would really appreciate positive feedback.”

• Like 10

we should ask buyer to leave a review

You can simply place that in the text you use to deliver the product. Something like “If you have questions, please let me know. If you are happy with the work, I would really appreciate positive feedback.”

I absolutely, positively hate it when sellers ask me for reviews.

• Like 10

I’d like to ask, as a buyer does this approach bother you? This is the text I use when I deliver.

Hi,

Your project is enclosed. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Otherwise, I would very much appreciate positive feedback.

Please add my gig to your favorites so we can work together again in the future.

Thanks again.

• Like 8

I’d like to ask, as a buyer does this approach bother you? This is the text I use when I deliver.

Hi,

Your project is enclosed. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Please add my gig to your favorites so we can work together again in the future.

Thanks again.

The review page pops up right after I accept the order so it’s impossible to miss - I actually have to press the skip button to bypass it.

I like the personal touch on delivery such as briefly telling me what you did for me, even if you regurgitate the requirements section.

In my line of work, there is a technique we call “shadowing.” There are various name for it. When having a verbal conversation, the nodding of your head and occasionally repeating what the other person says,

makes the person feel you understand, sympathize and/or agree.

This leads to better, fulfilling conversation on the 2nd party.

In writing, you can use similar technique to make client feel special in a professional way. It takes you 2 minutes to list what you did, then you can add the " my goal is to make sure you’re. . . . "

It makes me feel good to get the personal touch from seller than short, abrupt messages. It makes me want to reciprocate with a nice review.

• Like 13

The review page pops up right after I accept the order so it’s impossible to miss - I actually have to press the skip button to bypass it.

I like the personal touch on delivery such as briefly telling me what you did for me, even if you regurgitate the requirements section.

In my line of work, there is a technique we call “shadowing.” There are various name for it. When having a verbal conversation, the nodding of your head and occasionally repeating what the other person says,

makes the person feel you understand, sympathize and/or agree.

This leads to better, fulfilling conversation on the 2nd party.

In writing, you can use similar technique to make client feel special in a professional way. It takes you 2 minutes to list what you did, then you can add the " my goal is to make sure you’re. . . . "

It makes me feel good to get the personal touch from seller than short, abrupt messages. It makes me want to reciprocate with a nice review.

I’ve seen it used verbally in sales situations. Interesting to apply it to written word. Good stuff. Thanks

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Thanks again.

You can’t ask for positive feedback. It’s a big nono. If you take that word positive out you will be ok.

• Like 8

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still let them know I appreciate their feedback and that I’m always working for 5 star quality. (Without asking for a specific review.)

I used to be over 70%, but among my 3500+ sales, I’m now at 69%.

It’s dropped slightly over time, I know have a large set of clients who have done 50+ gigs with me, some continue to review, some others don’t anymore…

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

No, but asking for a positive reviews does.

I can swear I read a Fiverr blog post advising sellers to ask the buyer for a positive review! I’m trying to find it.

Found it! : https://blog.fiverr.com/i-would-buy-for-you-how-to-inspire-customer-loyalty/

Confirm completion.

Once the final product is delivered, make sure you confirm that the customer approves of the result. This is also a good opportunity to encourage your customer to leave a positive review, or if they’re feeling unsatisfied, address and resolve any remaining issues.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Found it! : https://blog.fiverr.com/i-would-buy-for-you-how-to-inspire-customer-loyalty/

Confirm completion.

Once the final product is delivered, make sure you confirm that the customer approves of the result. This is also a good opportunity to encourage your customer to leave a positive review, or if they’re feeling unsatisfied, address and resolve any remaining issues.

Do not ask your customers for a review at all or mention one.

That blog is incorrect or outdated.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Confirm completion.

You are replying 2 years later (maybe you didn’t notice) and everything changes.

The moderators don’t like to see old posts resurrected.

Sellers have posted on the forum that they got a warning because they asked for a review.

• Like 11

• 3 years later...