DO This, Not That! (Part 3 of the Seller Tip Trilogy)

authoreva

11 minutes ago, vibronx said:

I am also a buyer on Fiverr. I have purchased more than 200 services. Only once, one single time, have I looked at who was online as I needed something fast (4 years ago now). Most of the time, I could not care less. I message you because I want to work with YOU, not someone else. I will wait for you to respond. Another buyer on here posted something similar recently, so I am pretty sure I am not the only one who operates in this way as a buyer.

Also, as an experienced seller, I will tell you that it can be a nightmare to work with a buyer who wants something done urgently or ASAP (I have really gotten to hate seeing those two words). They are often the most difficult to please.

So, all in all, my opinion is that being online is a waste of time. I get most of my inquiries when I am offline. Spend your time learning instead of mindlessly refreshing a page.

As a freelancer you may understand the scope of another freelancer. But after I reply many buyer late they did not answer me anymore 

• Like 28
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, leannelrivers said:

I agree. Anyone who wants something NOW is a red flag. I've done last minute jobs for return clients or people who have had the first attempt totally messed up by someone else, but in my general experience buyers who have a 2 hour deadline are pretty unprofessional and extremely difficult to work with.

The other day I got my first buyer who canceled the order two hours after placing it. Unsurprisingly, he wanted the delivery NOW 😄 he even managed to blame me in the description of order canceling dispute, stating that I was not responsive and it was not clear when the order would be delivered. Fortunately, the CS managed to cancel the order without apparent negative effects on my account.

• Like 33

3 minutes ago, gajuseidi said:

Fortunately, the CS managed to cancel the order without apparent negative effects on my account.

Thank goodness for small mercies! It can be like working with nursery kids. Tantrums everywhere. 

Edited by leannelrivers
  • Like 31

8 minutes ago, mdminhaz05 said:

As a freelancer you may understand the scope of another freelancer. But after I reply many buyer late they did not answer me anymore

I think I understand what you are trying to say. That I have a different view of other freelancers' response time as a result of me being a freelancer myself. Correct me if I made an incorrect assumption about your message.

I was a buyer for 18 months before I became a freelancer/seller. My attitude toward sellers' response times was the same when I was only a buyer. The other buyer who shared similar experiences on the forum (sorry, I forget their name) is also only a buyer as far as I recall, so there are buyers who think this way. My post was just to correct the assumption that all buyers, or even most buyers, are only focused on who responds the quickest.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 31

2 minutes ago, vibronx said:

I think I understand what you are trying to say. That I have a different view of other freelancers' response time as a result of me being a freelancer myself. Correct me if I made an incorrect assumption about your message.

I was a buyer for 18 months before I became a freelancer/seller. My attitude toward sellers' response times was the same when I was only a buyer. The other buyer who shared similar experiences on the forum (sorry, I forget their name) is also only a buyer as far as I recall, so there are buyers who think this way. My post was just to correct the assumption that all buyers, or even most buyers, are only focused on who responds the quickest.

Thank you I understand. What do you think as a buyer. Why don't other buyer reply?

• Like 28
  • Up 1

54 minutes ago, gajuseidi said:

What advice helped you the most in your freelance journey?

To let things go. 

Could be a bad review or no reviews at all, hard times, harsh buyers, no replies from BR. I learned to focus on useful things and how to improve myself. 

Edited by alphagev
  • Like 32

23 minutes ago, lenasemenkova said:

Only because you can do it, it doesn't mean you should. 

I think that is a great advice in general. Although being a new seller on fiverr, there is this feeling of needing to do absolutely anything to get the ball rolling, to get your gigs to rank higher, therefore doing almost any order thrown at you. Of course, still having to turn down orders that are impossible to complete (in my case I do photo deblurring, but I cannot do forensic enhancement, since forensic software is not available to the general public, myself included).

• Like 31

1 minute ago, gajuseidi said:

Although being a new seller on fiverr, there is this feeling of needing to do absolutely anything to get the ball rolling

There's no shame in this. We all need that initial boost. I did some right junk for peanuts when I first started out and when I was acting in theatre I was happy to get paid in tea and biscuits. Now I expect the biscuits to have chocolate on as well. 😉 

• Like 28

4 minutes ago, alphagev said:

To let things go. 

Could be a bad review or no reviews at all, hard times, harsh buyers, no replies from BR. I learned to focus on useful things and how to improve myself. 

Thank you. Sometimes this is exactly what needs to be heard. 😊

• Like 28

21 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Was it @gina_riley2? I seem to remember her saying something like that. 

I know @gina_riley2 has said many smart things as well, but this time I was thinking of someone else!

It took a long time for me to find their name. Here you go:  @moikchap! Seems to be a very reasonable buyer!

18 minutes ago, mdminhaz05 said:

Why don't other buyer reply?

There can be many reasons. Perhaps like @vickiespencer said; that they realized there was a language barrier, perhaps they had different priorities than I do and wanted it done immediately, or they just changed their mind.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 30

1 minute ago, vibronx said:

I know @gina_riley2 has said many smart things as well, but this time I was thinking of someone else!

It took a long time for me to find their name. Here you go:  @moikchap! Seems to be a very reasonable buyer!

There can be many reasons. Perhaps like @vickiespencersaid; that they realized there was a communication barrier, perhaps they had different priorities than I do and wanted it done immediately, or they just changed their mind.

Yeah. You are right. This may be due to. I wish you all the best. Thank you. 

• Like 28

One the best I believe is not to rush to take the job !

- Take a time to understand the job

- Check if that fits to your skills

- If the Buyer him self understand what he wants and how it would be rendered ?

- If the new job would adjust with your current schedule ?

- Would that job pay you enough for the efforts you will put in it ?

And there may be more but these are the one I got in my mind for now 😄

So do not just rush to inbox and say Yes I can do it - I will do it in 24 hours - please place the order !

But take your time and later start the project !

Edited by surajrenuka
  • Like 29

The best advice I got after I had been selling on the Fiverr Platform for awhile was, "Know your value." I used to sell for $5 what I now sell for $50. Raising my prices got rid of so many headaches in the forum of cheap buyers who wanted the sun, moon and stars for $5. 

• Like 30

2 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

The best advice I got after I had been selling on the Fiverr Platform for awhile was, "Know your value." I used to sell for $5 what I now sell for $50. Raising my prices got rid of so many headaches in the forum of cheap buyers who wanted the sun, moon and stars for $5. 

Can't wait for that day! But there's a lot of ground for me to cover before that 😊 Thank you for this advice. I think that with time, I will feel more comfortable to offer more complex services, as now I'm sort of sticking to basic services.

• Like 25

4 minutes ago, corsogr said:

Staying online 24 hours/day and ignoring any sellers who want to send you to sleep, is the best advice I followed and has helped me much.

Ah, yes... The infamous "I'll sleep when I'm dead" strategy, I can respect that.

Edited by gajuseidi
  • Like 23
  • Haha 1

• Don't put all your eggs in one basket. (Don't rely on income from one source.)
  • Don't undervalue yourself.
  • Choose who you work with wisely. While this is harder on Fiverr because some people just order and you have to work for/with them, jumping on any chance offered often results in more headaches than it's worth.
  • Keep building your marketable skills AND understanding of how to run and grow your business.
  • Like 30

I am going to say this as nicely as I can, but this guy above me (or woman, depending on what freelance site you look at. Right, Alexandra?) who keeps talking about staying online is a troll, so do not listen to anything he (she?) says. He is only here to provoke.

Also, he has stolen ideas from my gigs despite always letting me know that everything I say is BS.

He does not believe in anything he says here. He is only being contrarian to make us angry.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 31
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, corsogr said:

Who said I'm not sleeping ever?

Perhaps you will understand it with this:

image.thumb.png.638d77d9d3514cbea232adb2ddac4455.png

That's pretty much how I understood your comment 😄 I guess it's worth it if the orders pay well, if not, nothing's interrupting my beauty sleep.

• Like 24

1 minute ago, vibronx said:

do not listen to anything he says. He is only here to provoke.

Also, he has stolen ideas from my gigs despite always letting me know that everything I do is BS.

Yeah, I've seen this person commenting in a strange, provocative manner before, I'm up for humoring such behaviour from time to time 😊

• Like 25
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, gajuseidi said:

Yeah, I've seen this person commenting in a strange, provocative manner before, I'm up for humoring such behaviour from time to time 😊

The person has a gig for "Boosting Forum Traffic." I have often wondered if Fiverr hired him to do what he does on the Fiverr Forum to increase engagement. I for one do not engage he or she which ever the case may be. 🤔

• Like 24
  • Haha 7