Another masterclass on how not to use AI, courtesy of Fiverr

smashradio

21 hours ago, emmaki said:

Well, I think that's me cancelling. I hope your "price alignment" is worth it, because there's a post about SP on Reddit and last I checked, the majority of responses were "it's not worth it" or "just get it for a month then dump it to fix your KW, it's not worth it" or "I'm a TRS and I've never used it because it's not worth it".  I  believe they're talking about the $19 program. I doubt very few people think paying ~$80 because your SM is too busy to have a 10-minute call with you until 6 weeks later isn't worth it either.

New idea: Why don't SMs have "gigs" on the "Fiverr marketplace" where sellers can leave their "honest feedback" about value for money, timeliness, all of that stuff.

I signed up for Seller Plus Premium about a year and a half ago. My Success Manager was not at happy to be there (chin resting on hand and body in a slouched position most of the session) and I did apply the keyword and gig description advice he gave me.

It did not help increase traffic to that gig at all.

A few months later, I purchased a chat session with another Top Rated Voice Actor via their optimization gig and my traffic skyrocketed. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

54 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

A few months later, I purchased a chat session with another Top Rated Voice Actor via their optimization gig and my traffic skyrocketed. 

I can see that. Even if SMs are assigned certain niches, it's not like they are very experienced in there. So talking with a veteran seller, someone that has a good understanding of the platform and your specific niche.. I think that's a much better deal. I am still unsure whether they are increasing the Seller Plus Premium price for those that had discounts or not. Not everyone got the email, some did, but there was no official post here and what Emma showed... it seems some people within Fiverr have no idea either. We'll see. For now in my case it still shows the old price for a May 18th renewal date. I will let others know if/when it increases.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

45 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I can see that. Even if SMs are assigned certain niches, it's not like they are very experienced in there. So talking with a veteran seller, someone that has a good understanding of the platform and your specific niche.. I think that's a much better deal. I am still unsure whether they are increasing the Seller Plus Premium price for those that had discounts or not. Not everyone got the email, some did, but there was no official post here and what Emma showed... it seems some people within Fiverr have no idea either. We'll see. For now in my case it still shows the old price for a May 18th renewal date. I will let others know if/when it increases.

He was sitting there telling me he, as an SM, had access to deeper back end metrics than I did when he made those suggestions. The Top Rated VA didn't have access to that.

With that experience, I very much hesitate to opt for premium even at the old rate. Not having request-to-order hasn't seemed to impact me much but maybe my pricing plays into it...and other things.

There's the carrot-dangling "Seller Plus Premium members get priority for Top Rated evaluations" but I don't see the benefit because 1) my Success Score's a 9 and I'm not sure how close to an 8 or 10 it might be, 2) no one, including staff, seems to know how to improve them, and 3) I've yet to see anyone state they were given more exposure or their sales increased by being deemed Top Rated.

I don't see where the old price is justified, let alone the new one, at all.

What have they said the benefit is, more AI?

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

With that experience, I very much hesitate to opt for premium even at the old rate. Not having request-to-order hasn't seemed to impact me much but maybe my pricing plays into it...and other things.

I 100% agree with you. I don't use Premium for the success manager. I don't care about that service specifically, I had this since the beginning, and I never met face to face with any manager, just had a few email conversations. I just use Premium for withdrawing money faster when needed, and a few other features. So it's not hard for me to stick with the $20 for the cheapest one, although I do prefer to not have a price change. We'll see, I can only assume that they will change the price in our dashboards so we know how much they want us to pay. From what Emma said, some people within Fiverr don't know about this and they will dig deeper. We'll see. 

As you said, I don't find $40 value here, and I think they will have better results if they set a price per feature and people create their custom Seller Plus bundle. Rather than pay for stuff they never use.

• Like 4
  • Up 1