How to stop sellers from promoting their services on the buyer requests page

ronhi85

I have seen many concerned users asking why some buyers post what they have to offer on the buyer requests page. Sadly, it looks like these “fake buyer requests” are often more than legit ones. I am still not sure why fiverr admins allow such posts. Maybe they are just overwhelmed.

That said, I think there is a simple solution to the problem - stop sending offers to fake buyer requests. The more sellers respond to the fake buyer requests, the more they get inspired to keep posting. If we all ignore them, they will soon realize it is futile to keep posting.

It has been a problem for a long time. Fiverr spend little or no money on admin so it will continue. Your solution sounds like a good idea - but there must be people out there that are replying. It’s such a shame.

I always wonder what motivates sellers to respond to fake requests. Or maybe some sellers don’t even take time to read through the requests?

I'm just telling the truth, Indians and Pakistans are responsible for 97% of all buying/selling issues, scams, fakers and incompetent sellers on Fiverr. I will just keep repeating this and eventually publish an article ''The Dark Truth About Fiverr That Many Buyers Discover When Its Too Late" on my well visited blog. Like it or not girl!

Truth or not it does not matter, they are bringing in the moolah for fiver more than all other sellers.

So in the end, MONEY wins! yay!😱

• 6 months later...

I believe there is a simple solution to this and all it takes is a single check box.
Anyone posting in the buyers request must check a box “Do you have a job that needs doing” or something like that. All posts must have a “report this” button with options that include “this is not a job” or similar.
It drives me nuts that people use this powerful feature to promote themselves and also reduces the purpose of this component of the platform.
How does one get Fiverr to add a simple functionality to a feature that will increase the value?

Archived