Stop Asking Us If We're Available

fastcopywriter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got something similar. They wanted to order the sketch gig and kept asking if the pictures wold be “final” or just sketches. After 3-4 times I sent them an offer to this gig

favicon.icoFiverr.com

5b6dbeb822cabe0869774170566d82bf416e61a0.jpg

miacmht : I will answer questions about fiverr in general and about my gigs in...

For only $5, miacmht will answer questions about fiverr in general and about my gigs in particular. | This gig is for buyers who can't figure out how to place an order, or what they would get from a $5 gig...any confusion that | On Fiverr.com

(not sure if this considered as self promote, but to be clear I don’t expect anyone would ever other that gig of mine)

They did order the sketch gig, though.

Messages should be limited to the following situations.

1. The seller demands to be contacted before an order first (I hate sellers who do this, but it is their right)

2. You have a question that’s not answered in the gig description or FAQ.

3. You believe that your request is controversial and that there’s a chance your seller might reject (refund) the order.

The rest of the time, it’s just annoying to get messages.

Wow. Pompous ass. How about a perspective from one of those “newbies” you can’t stand? There’s very little info on this site to guide a new person. Personally, I don’t see why any person with skills would mess around for $5, but I tried it… A simple flyer to inform an employee of a Steelers football trip to Pittsburgh they’re getting. 15 words of text. No back and forth, which would have helped, because I got a stock image of a VW bus with a surfboard on a beach. For Steelers game on December 4. Now I can image I’m dealing with someone overseas, who doesn’t understand American football or maybe even that December is winter here. But I got no response to my edit request. It’s not about the $5. It’s about the $50 in time I’ve already spent, and should have just made my own. So maybe when someone has questions, and you’re interested in a long-term engagement…

You do get what you pay for though. Anyway, if you’re not getting a response to your edit request, contact Customer Support.

In any case, this thread is about one basic question repeated over and over again rather than useful questions, as are most of the responses. You might learn something reading through them rather than gunning at pompous asses and shouting about the moron you hired for $5.

Pompous ass? Bah, I was a newbie once and I used my brain and figured things out for myself.

Now I don’t mind questions when they’re legitimate.

"II will let you guest post on my GUN blog for $5"
Hi, can I see your blog?
Sure, it’s blah blah blah dot com
How much traffic do you get?
I get this and that.

I have to answer those questions because when I created that gig, Fiverr didn’t allow us to post outside websites. Nowadays I’m not so sure.

"Now I can image I’m dealing with someone overseas, who doesn’t understand American football or maybe even that December is winter here. "

Then you educate your seller. That’s what I did with t-shirt designers when Teespring.com was new.

“Hi, this t-shirt is going to be sold on Teespring. I need it to be x pixels by x pixels, in png file. I don’t need a mockup. Please look at blah blah dot com and do a t-shirt like that one.”

As a buyer, if I see a gig that looks attractive, but the last time there was any action was some time ago, then I ask the seller if they are available as the lack of activity on the gig makes me wonder whether the seller is still actively engaged and I don’t want to waste my time ordering a gig, only to have it languish in never-never land.
Also point out that a large number of sellers ask you in the gig description to message them before ordering.

I understand buyers that asking if you are available right now because they need orders done in few hours. Usually they are saying that, like Are you available, I need this done in few hours etc.

But, buyers that asking are you available, then can you make it, then this and that… We all know the feeling.

It is like you go to grocery store, go to cashier and ask them if they are available.

Here is few my experience…

Buyer: Hi!

Me: Hi!

Buyer: Can you make presentation?

Me: That’s what my gig is saying.

Buyer: Can you make presentation about … (something)?

Me: Yeah I can, what content do you have?

Buyer: Nothing…

And I stop replying after that…

Next one

Me: (replying minute after or so, as I was online at that time) Hi!

Buyer: Sorry someone else took the project…

Next one

2 min later…

3 min later…

Buyer: Hello!

5 min later…

Buyer: Are you available?

I agree that it´s better to ask, for both parties. I put something like it in my gig description too, I´m still new to fiverr, but living in constant fear that suddenly several people at once will book my gig with add-ons for wordcount and 24 hour delivery topped out 😉

Asking, like, ten times if the seller is available though, and several other things that should be obvious as well, like some seem to do…unless the people who wrote here didn´t exaggerate…would either make my day or have me in tears by the end of it 😉

Nah, I can barely get him to write an e-mail. I hope he becomes an engineer or video game developer or something that makes real money. Hope it’s something he loves.

I’m a huge bookworm, I admire writers, but it’s only a good life for those who are great writers. Before Stephen King hit it big with Carrie, which he threw in the garbage and his wife rescued it, he was a high school English teacher AND the school janitor. He and his wife were barely breaking even. The thing is, most writers will not enjoy 10% of the success of Stephen King, much less 50%.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently got many messages with another version of “Available”, which is “Interested”.

Newest one: “I have a 21 page children’s story book which needs illustration. Are you interested in the project?”

If you really, and I mean really, want to know my interest, care to explain your project? Is it about cute talking animals or a child victim of family abuse?

Seriously, what do you even want me to say? I draw children book illustrations, as long as you pay the price I deserve, I’m interested. Unless your book is on the weird, offending or even illegal side, like encouraging children to skip classes and quit schools, I’ll be interested.

I used to reply “Yes I’m interested” since I was confused and wanted to be polite. Now I’ll start to say no to see how they’ll react.

I hate it when certain buyers ask if I’m available, then proceed to inquire what services I offer, and “how much”.

My response is usually something to the effect of, “well, what does my gig say?”

Read people. Read. Read the details that are right there in front of your nose.

Archived