How often do you get tipped on your gigs?

psychicbunny

Guest mlippel

I am buyer i tipped on my order only to be scammed the works noplace, nothing showing it was done, it was software / programming item

I do get tip at least once in 10 sales. Sometimes $5 and sometimes more. Although, I do not ask for it when I deliver my order, but it feels heavenly good when I receive it for the reason being that it conveys the fact that the buyer is more than happy to have bought your Gig. That means a lot.

It’s interesting to see people saying they get tips every 5-10 sales. I don’t find that to be the case. I get glowing reviews, where people write a paragraph about how great my work is, but they don’t leave a tip… I do get them once in a while… but it’s more like once or twice a month, not every 5-10 orders. I don’t ask for tips. I don’t ask for 5 star reviews. I simply provide high quality work, on-time. I always strive to under promise and over deliver. Still… I don’t see many tips. Just every once in a while. I’m curious to see how people are getting a tip every 5 orders… if true, that’s impressive.

Guest article_profits

I got tips a lot when I started out on fiverr but then I figured out I was doing too much. Now I get them once in a while.

It’s all about the numbers. If you have a tip gig extra, eventually someone will order it, specially if it’s just $5.

Asking for tips at the end also works, you never know who’s behind that computer. You could be dealing with the president of a small insurance agency, a realty, an ad agency, a baker, a creative person that has been struggling and is happy to finally get the idea he was looking for.

Some people are very generous, some will order a gig just to tip you, but others need a little nudge. Keep in mind that nudging isn’t begging, begging is never attractive.

My line when I deliver work is this.

If you like my work, please give me 5-stars.
If you really like it, tips are always appreciated.

Or something like that.

With that said, if the buyer makes an order from $25-$50, I might delete the line about tips because I feel I’ve been compensated adequately. Besides, Fiverr already gives buyers the option to tip, so they might do it even if I don’t ask. However, I like asking, as Mr. Selfridge said, fortune favors the brave.

• 10 months later...

I get tips usually once or twice a week, anywhere from just $5 to a few times that I’ve been tipped $50 (and the one client who tipped me $50 and then ordered another gig for $50 and asked for an empty delivery because that gig was a tip, too.) I have such wonderful repeat clients.

Archived