How often do you get tipped on your gigs?

psychicbunny

I get tipped about 70% of the time. I was once tipped about 280 dollars because the client was so excited. That experience was amazing, but usually I get tipped 50 - 100 usd

Really amazing 😄

I got tipped on my first 3 sales. I have completed more that 60 orders now and I haven’t gotten another tip other than those first three tips.

It’s all about the numbers. If you have a tip gig extra, eventually someone will order it, specially if it’s just $5.

Asking for tips at the end also works, you never know who’s behind that computer. You could be dealing with the president of a small insurance agency, a realty, an ad agency, a baker, a creative person that has been struggling and is happy to finally get the idea he was looking for.

Some people are very generous, some will order a gig just to tip you, but others need a little nudge. Keep in mind that nudging isn’t begging, begging is never attractive.

My line when I deliver work is this.

If you like my work, please give me 5-stars.

If you really like it, tips are always appreciated.

Or something like that.

With that said, if the buyer makes an order from $25-$50, I might delete the line about tips because I feel I’ve been compensated adequately. Besides, Fiverr already gives buyers the option to tip, so they might do it even if I don’t ask. However, I like asking, as Mr. Selfridge said, fortune favors the brave.

With that said, if the buyer makes an order from $25-$50, I might delete the line about tips because I feel I’ve been compensated adequately.

That’s exactly my point of view as well!

With that said, if the buyer makes an order from $25-$50, I might delete the line about tips because I feel I’ve been compensated adequately.

That’s exactly my point of view as well!

I think as business men we have to think about long term relationships. Squeezing a client for every dollar is not going to make him come back. Sometimes when I go to buyers requests, I might lower my bids by $5. I’m still going to bid $10, instead of $5. But I don’t be bidding $15 unless I have to.

I think as business men we have to think about long term relationships. Squeezing a client for every dollar is not going to make him come back. Sometimes when I go to buyers requests, I might lower my bids by $5. I’m still going to bid $10, instead of $5. But I don’t be bidding $15 unless I have to.

Squeezing a client for every dollar is not going to make him come back

This reminds me of the seller who insisted that I buy C.U.L. even though I told him at least 6 times it was for personal use. I told him over and over that I will not make money off his work.

I guess he didn’t believe me, right before delivery, he sent me a custom offer. I can’t remember how much, it was awhile ago, but it was pretty high, something like $45 ish.

He attached a TOS explaining what it was and how important it is that I buy it. He was very polite and didn’t threaten me or anything but it was still annoying as heck.

I’m not even going to get into what he said to me after delivery. Needless to say, I’ve never bought from him again. 💔

Squeezing a client for every dollar is not going to make him come back

This reminds me of the seller who insisted that I buy C.U.L. even though I told him at least 6 times it was for personal use. I told him over and over that I will not make money off his work.

I guess he didn’t believe me, right before delivery, he sent me a custom offer. I can’t remember how much, it was awhile ago, but it was pretty high, something like $45 ish.

He attached a TOS explaining what it was and how important it is that I buy it. He was very polite and didn’t threaten me or anything but it was still annoying as heck.

I’m not even going to get into what he said to me after delivery. Needless to say, I’ve never bought from him again. 💔

CUL mean commercial universal license? Let me tell you, I never pay for those. Since Fiverr doesn’t allow the exchange of personal information except in extremely limited cases (s***e lessons, Linkedin summaries, Facebook ad campaign management, etc), I don’t see where sellers get off selling commercial licenses.

It is a huge scam in my opinion. 99% of the orders I do are for commercial purposes, yet I don’t charge extra for that.

You should report that seller to CS. Anyone who charges licenses needs to feature that as a gig extra or in their packages. Custom offers after an order is placed is for unforeseen extras. Sometimes I charge people for revisions for example.

Tip is a great feature . Yes, The tip really effects my earnings. Approximately 20% of my earning is through tips. The Biggest tip I received so far is $45. They key to get tipped is concentrate on quality of service, be patient with clients and don’t charge for a job that takes less than couple of minutes.
In my opinion buyers hates to pay $5 for a small job but he/she feels good to tip you for that same job.
Many time tip is bigger than what we charge for the job.
Hope it makes sense.
Best

Archived