Newbies!

writer99025

Please don’t send private messages to experienced sellers asking for their help or advice! Please use the Fiverr Forum, you will find all the tips you need to get your Fiverr career off to a great start. The “inbox” is strictly for business. You have a number of great sellers helping you out here, just ask your questions here on the Forum. Thanks guys and gals and wish you all the best!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest webexpert1313

yes i agree and i was surprised when new peoples contact via private messages and ask about help and advice.

buy i am also want to say: please use fiverr discussion forum for any type of help.

thanks

Awesome. I been a fiverr buyer for sometime but just created my first gig.
I will be creating more gigs. I feel like I have a huge mountain to climb in order to make that first sale. But I definitely won’t be private messaging experienced sellers. 😃

I was just about to start a post on the same subject. I got 5 messages the last week and some of them are real spammers, causing my response rate to decrease very badly.

However, I think it would be easier for them if the posts with advice for the new seller would be pinned on top. Maybe they don’t know how to search for them, and starting a new one every single time is frustrating for top rated sellers. (If there is one there already, I am sorry. I just don’t see them pinned on top anymore.)

Yes, it is really weird sometimes 🙂

Recently I received a message from a newbie, basically asking me:

“What is a Gig? I do not understand Gig. This is not english word, explain better, not saying Gig!”.

As I am a helpful guy by education, I sent him the link to the Fiverr Help section, and I received a real rude, surprising answer, more or less like that:

“You and Fiver are ***** and you should be ***** if you do not help me you *****, I will delete my account… you are obliged to help me you ****”.

For sure I said thanks for that 😉

Well, strange world we are living in… 🙂

Good thing I saw this topic just now, I didn’t think it would be very annoying to the veterans, so I was about to send a few messages myself, haha.

While this forum does seem like a great place so far though, many topics in the ‘improve my gig’ section barely get any comments. Even though my topic on there is getting views, no replies yet. Are there any vets here that would mind taking a look? 🙂

Archived