Newbies!

writer99025

There are all kinds of tips and advice posts pinned in each relevant forum category. They are the ones at the top of the category with an orange “pin” symbol. There are also hyperlinked announcements above the whole forum with mentions of recent news/blogs/podcasts. In the forum sidebar there are additional notices. I’m really not sure how to push any more info on the forum with all those areas available.

For people who don’t use forums, there is a Community hyperlink with information on the blog and the Fiverr Academy. That one isn’t quite as obvious, but it’s there. 🙂

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the admin tag, I get some incredible ones. I don’t even mean the more understandable mistakes when users think I can help with CS tickets, which I can’t. Most of those are actually polite to my canned response.

I get ones that ask for mentoring and when I decline nicely, they often reply with things like “Admin won’t help me get sell because stupid!!! My baby will starve because you!”

Still, someone will see this thread and pick 5 of us to message for help, guaranteed! 😉

Since you mentioned this, it’s an opportunity! If everyone in this thread went to the Improve my Gig category and gave feedback to one person, it seriously would help. While responses have improved there are still unanswered posts there. Even brand newbies can offer tips there! Help someone with a typo, a suggest for a better gig image or title, etc.

When newbies do post in the right place, reward them! If they don’t get help, they show up in Tips for Sellers or PM’s. 🙂

Hey guys, you missed a brilliant retort to this!

“Yes, you may ask one question–but you’ve already used it up.”

Cue ANGER. I haven’t actually done this myself as I only just had this idea, but I will try it out next time!

I will take heed from your advice and will perhaps stop messaging other sellers around but basically i wasn’t that rude or something, i simply asked someone if they use softwares to extract data from company website. But after going through this post, i will avoid messaging any seller again! 😃

Well yeah, i already feel i might have edge on quite a few others on my level-thanks to the forums. Actually they’re detailed and almost help you on anything and tbh i am just here because sales have dropped or not coming at all, got 4 orders just in 4-5 days and its dull since then so decided to get active on the forums and see how that works out.

As a new entrant I’m not sure where to post this question but I hope someone here would solve my query. As a blogger and a literature student, I’m interested in writing gigs here but competition is quite high in this category.
I suppose buyers are more interested in native English speakers and if it’s true then what should I do to improve the quality of my gigs? Though, there are many tutorials available but specifically talking about a non native English speaker and writing gigs, what advice would you like to give me here?

Archived