Newbies!

writer99025

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest danidavidson

I had someone new message me and ask if he can get half my work and give him money… I had no idea how to even respond to that… Umm no? It doesn’t work like that. And I also think that it was kind of rude to even ask that.

No “veterans” would mind getting a message from new sellers. The problem is that there is not just one new seller and it is NEVER just one message. When I had a “tips for sellers” post pinned to the top, I got a lot of messages from people asking me to look at their gigs, give them some work, order from them, tell them how to promote them, promote them on my social media - it got to the stage where I made a gig offering to help new sellers in a couple of ways. 2 people ordered it and were very happy with the service but it was a lot more work than it was worth so I deleted the gig.

Yes, indeed.

It is also more easy for a seller to buy from a seller than from a buyer. This is only possible if the buyer is also a seller.

But if the buyer is a pure buyer you can´t buy anything from him. This is just possible, if the buyer is also a seller.

Well, maybe I mentioned the last phrase already before. Not sure 🙂

Sorry, my message was incomplete.

After I slept some hours, I noticed one more thing: If a seller is only a seller you can´t sell him anything.

This is quite important I guess so please have this fact in mind, if you are both: a seller and a buyer.

Hope, that helped at least a bit!

At first glance, and being someone that enjoys helping other people in some of my other ventures, I wasn’t sure what the big deal was.

I’ve never messaged anyone on Fiverr before, but after reading that it can affect your stats I can understand the frustration.

Of course, the ironic side is that it can take newer sellers awhile to discover the forums. I admit, it took me awhile, because I had my head down trying to figure out my gigs (ok, probably still trying to figure that out).

Forum, the great platform to get live experiences from real active people. It is really a great learning tool about any topic. The real learning we get is worth more than the currency earning. So, I request as many people must use the forum.
Thanks.

A genuine request for help from someone that doesn’t know better is not SPAM (in my opinion). But I come from a community that is always constantly helping each other out, even competitors.

But I understand how it can get annoying if it is constant. And like I said, if it also has the potential to affect someone’s stats by not answering a “non-buyer” fast enough; that’s not good either.

I’m just glad I’ve never done it now that I know how it works. ;-}

Archived