Fiverr's DIRECT DEPOSIT. [ACTIVE - Please discuss new DD feature here]

superb_articles

Question

Your post has been marked active and made an “announcement” so that we have one go-to place for discussion on the new direct deposit feature.

I have a posted several messages down that has more information on the feature and some screen shots for those who haven’t seen them. Also, Fiverr is working on some known glitches with the feature. There is no need to report them in the forum or to CS at this time.

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/83343/fiverrs-direct-deposit-active-please-discuss-new-dd-feature-here#Item_22

Speaking for myself, I enjoy having the added security of sending my funds to PayPal instead of directly to my bank. I don’t know what kind of account security Fiverr really has, but I know and trust PayPal to process secure transactions. I always get anxious about sharing my direct banking information with any website. In this day and age of leaks and hacks, I just don’t know that I’ll ever be really comfortable sharing my direct banking account details with a large number of sites.

Reply to @mark74: It is the same in the U.S. and you probably have another option that is the same for me. You can transfer to your bank from PayPal at no added cost (after the $1 fee from Fiverr to PayPal) but the bank option takes a few days.

That is one thing I wonder about the new direct deposit option is whether or not it will take a long time. I don’t mind waiting 2-3 days usually, but 2 weeks on top of the 14-17 day Fiverr clearance would be tough. I just got back online so someone may have already answered this, but have you heard how long the new direct deposit feature should take, Marco?

If you push the “Direct Deposit” link it will send you an email with this "Adding a Direct Deposit for your Fiverr withdrawals means that any funds you withdraw from now on, will be sent to your newly defined account. If you would like to continue with the process, please click here.

If you did not try to define a Direct Deposit for your account, please report it here"

Before you start doing this, let’s found out what’s going on with this new feature.

So, here is everything I can gather on the feature for anyone who hasn’t been able to use the link and/or get this info. The new feature should eventually be available for everyone but Fiverr is having some issues with it so not everyone will be able to use the feature yet even if it is listed on your Revenue page. As expected, it does come with fees, of course.

I will attach images showing a confirmation email based on the feature and an image regarding the general use and fees. Be aware again,though, if the feature does not work for you at this time, just be patient and give it a few days. No need to submit tickets. Fiverr staff is aware of the issues. Here are the promised images:

Tinypic Maintenance

http://i62.tinypic.com

Superb to see options like this being added.

I may use this instead of PayPal.

Big question is (for me at least) - How long do the transfers take? If it’s instant, that would be amazing. Guessing it’s the whole 3-5 days thing though.

Guess we’ll have to wait for official info from Fiverr HQ!

Reply to @smork: Yeah I was thinking the same thing. But I think it’s going to take the same 3-5 day period since it’s still powered by Payoneer. I believe Fiverr is just trying to make it easier to use the “withdraw to bank” feature on Payoneer’s website without really going to the website. Not all countries or regions will probably enjoy this feature because Payoneer doesn’t allow all countries to use the “withdraw to bank” feature on their website.
Either ways, it’s still cool. At least, having multiple withdrawal options isn’t a bad idea

Archived