Change new "Tip your Seller" Feature to start at $1, not $5. Who tips 100%!?

The minimum amount to tip us sellers is $5, which is the same amount as a basic gig. This is absolutely ridiculous. Who tips 100% or more for a service provided!? You might as well buy another gig for those $5! It needs to be changed to start at $1, possibly $2.

I need as many comments as possible supporting me with this to get this done as soon as possible, so if you are a seller reading this and you want to make more money, drop a comment below saying this is a good idea!

t_targaryen said: The minimum amount to tip us sellers is $5, which is the same amount as a basic gig. This is absolutely ridiculous. Who tips 100% or more for a service provided!? You might as well buy another gig for those $5! It needs to be changed to start at $1, possibly $2.

I need as many comments as possible supporting me with this to get this done as soon as possible, so if you are a seller reading this and you want to make more money, drop a comment below saying this is a good idea!

Its great for sellers who over deliver... Buyers do like to tip more in those cases...

I’ve been selling for years on here. Most of my sales are not $5 basics. My sales are typically $30-$150 each. I’m pretty sure that’s the case for most veteran sellers…which is who they’re going to target these features to. I’ve gotten tips as high as $20 and…yes…I have been tipped $5 on $5. So I think it’s fine the way it is. =)

• 1 year later...

Of course tips should start lower… also, payments clearly becomes confusing when extras enter the picture - conditions, non-partial payments, only funding from 1 source is mandatory, etc - all quite surprising and could easily be fixed… which proves that there is a reason they are not fixing an obvious issue…

You have to consider that Fiverr charges the buyer $1 or 5% of everything a buyer spends on Fiverr. For amounts under $20, they pay a $1 simply to put money on the site and for $20+ it’s 5%. That means your buyer tips you a dollar… and it’s Fiverr’s, not yours. You don’t get your 80 cents because that dollar is gobbled up by a transaction fee. So now the buyer has to spend $2 on your tip – $1 for the fee and $1 for you, of which you get 80 cents. When your buyer tips you $5, they actually paid $6, and Fiverr got your 20% ($1) an the buyer’s $1 transaction fee. It’s one of the ways Fiverr encourages larger orders – less money is lost via transaction fees.

$5 is in the name. It’s a reasonable price. Tips are a lovely bonus but you should price your work such that they aren’t necessary to survive. Sure, cheaper tips could mean more tips, but Fiverr is already a bargain. If your $5 gig is worth $20, a buyer might recognize that and tip you highly.

I´m a new seller and have been tipped 5$ on 5$, as well higher tips on higher amount orders. I´m not quite sure if a for instance 1$ tip would be worth the change in the software, data handling and all from fiverr’s side. And don´t forget that fiverr takes a cut of tips as well, so your 5$ tip is only 4$, then deduct the amount paypal, your bank or whoever takes from those for processing (and eventual currency conversion), then count what you´ll find in your bank account from it, and then start to wonder, if a 1$ tip would even be worth the time it will tke to type ‘Thank you’ for it, or if you´d not be better off using that time to work on the next order 😉
But yeah, maybe a solution like with gig packages, so that 5$ get displayed as the standard, and if the buyer takes the time for a few clicks to choose 3 $ or whatever, could be a compromise.

Honestly though I think there are more urgent things (like for instance repairing the bug that doesn´t let you save your ‘limit orders in queue’-settings, hello fiverr!).

Archived