Mandatory LinkedIn Profiles for Pro Sellers?

smashradio

Posted (edited)

When I first became a Fiverr Pro, they asked for my LinkedIn profile during the application process. I flat-out refused, because I don't use social media and didn't want to start doing so "just because". 

I despise social media. I can’t stand wasting time on meaningless inspirational posts from self-proclaimed gurus. I hate posting for likes. I hate feeling the need to be connected 24/7.

Now, Fiverr is forcing me to join LinkedIn anyway. It started when I wanted to expand my Pro verification to a few easily verifiable categories.

Despite making it clear I don’t use LinkedIn, I received an official email demanding it anyway. So now I'm on LinkedIn because Fiverr is basically forcing me on social media. You're obviously not good at what you do unless you spend half your day posting inspirational posts about how important it is to disconnect and be yourself and blah blah blah. 

Does Fiverr not respect individual choices against using social media? Isn’t the gamification on Fiverr itself enough? Is it impossible to be a professional without joining a global network of wannabe gurus?

image.png.88fc6cbd284265885bb175699acb849c.png

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 9
  • Up 5

• smashradio changed the title to Mandatory LinkedIn Profiles for Pro Sellers?
Posted (edited)

100% endorse and share all the hate for LinkedIn with you!! 💯

I rarely open it or browse through its pretentious feed (powered by toxic positivity) but having a simple profile with chronology of career trajectory is an ok thing I feel. When I originally started using LinkedIn in 2008-09, the concept of feed wasn't there. So I do feel like a dinosaur now, when I see the stream of free-flowing silly content.😂 I had also shared my LinkedIn profile with my Pro application with them (sometime in 2020-21) and imported the profile content to Fiverr, when they sent the notification a few months back. 

Ideally, they should respect the individual's choice but then everything for them has been about bringing the herd together and gauging them on a singular multi-diemensional scale!! 

PS I strongly believe that the Venn diagram of FB and LinkedIn users is almost a perfect single circle!! 

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 7
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)

I think it's somehow connected with the addition of an hourly rate. I was asked to set one up recently. 

They are someway partnered with LinkedIn now, so they want to connect platforms in all possible ways (featured reviews, links, rates, and so on). 

I have an account there, but it's followed by my classmates, workers of a hotel complex, where I live, and a couple of people from South Asia 😅

I highly doubt they can help me grow my business (who knows?).

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

I think it's somehow connected with the addition of an hourly rate. I was asked to set one recently. 

They are somehow partnered with LinkedIn now, so they want to connect platforms in all possible ways (featured reviews, links, rates, and so on). 

Yeah, I know the wanted to connect profiles etc. before, but this was new to me. Lucky I just made a profile there, so now I get to read inspirational posts like this all day long: 

🌟 Another beautiful day in the journey of relentless growth! 🌟

It's truly heartwarming to witness the dazzling trend of 'working smarter, not harder.' 📈💼 Why sweat the small stuff when you can master the art of delegation and watch the magic happen from afar? 🌈

A special shoutout to those brave souls still grinding it out the old-fashioned way. 💪🌟 There's something so quaint about dedicating your own time and energy to tasks. But for those of us who prefer to leverage every resource available, efficiency is the new elegance. 🕴️💡

Remember, every challenge is just an opportunity in disguise! 🌟 But if you'd rather skip the hustle and let others handle the nitty-gritty, cheers to you for embracing modern solutions! 🥂🚀 Why toil when you can triumph with a little help?

#RiseAndGrind #DelegationNation #EfficiencyExperts #ModernSolutions #StayInspired

(Yes, I asked GPT to write it for me. I'm not yet professional at toxic positivity and emojies.)

8 minutes ago, priyank_mod said:

100% endorse and share all the hate for LinkedIn with you!! 💯

I rarely open it or browse through its pretentious feed (powered by toxic positivity) but having a simple profile with chronology of career trajectory is an ok thing I feel. When I originally started using LinkedIn in 2008-09, the concept of feed wasn't there. So I do feel like a dinosaur now, when I see the stream of free-flowing silly content.😂 I had also shared my LinkedIn profile with my Pro application with them (sometime in 2020-21) and imported the profile content to Fiverr, when they sent the notification a few months back. 

Ideally, they should respect the individual's choice but then everything for them has been about bringing the herd together and gauging them on a singular multi-diemensional scale!! 

PS I strongly believe that the Venn diagram of FB and LinkedIn users is almost a perfect single circle!! 

I'm not so sure. Facebook is full of old people posting pictures of a glass of wine and sunsets. LinkedIn is full of old people telling you they discovered the secret to LinkedIn. #HustleAndHype #GrindAndShine #AlwaysBeClimbing

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

That would explain why a couple of things happened this month 😅

I have to include this in my new book, The Participation Trophy Generation: A guide to Modern Inactivity and the Art of Achieving Nothing.

(Yes, I'm actively marketing my totally AI-generated book!)

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Deleted my facebook account a couple of weeks ago because it wasted my time; and, 

Guys from our region wanted me to marry them, 

Guys from other continents wanted to me s**** their Peters. 

Sorry for the profanity and ''shamelessness'' but that was what I truly encountered on facebook. 

In addition, LinkedIn is full of fake motivational posts, fake gurus who sell their courses and 'young guns' who want to know more 'about me' in my dms. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

My first instinct was that it was phishing. It is not the best written email I've ever received.

But like many here, I'm not madly keen. I don't use LinkedIn for a reason, and can't imagine I'll start for Fiverr (especially since work on here has cratered) unless they can actually provide some valid reasons for connecting the profile.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

Deleted my facebook account a couple of weeks ago because it wasted my time; and, 

Guys from our region wanted me to marry them, 

Guys from other continents wanted to me s**** their Peters. 

Sorry for the profanity and ''shamelessness'' but that was what I truly encountered on facebook. 

In addition, LinkedIn is full of fake motivational posts, fake gurus who sell their courses and 'young guns' who want to know more 'about me' in my dms. 

Some bloke sent me a photo of someone's private parts years ago - don't know if they were his, cuz I couldn't see his face.  Not very impressive ...

Point is: you are not alone ...

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, coerdelion said:

Some bloke sent me a photo of someone's private parts years ago - don't know if they were his, cuz I couldn't see his face.  Not very impressive ...

I'm so glad I'm not female. I'd be so pissed off all the time. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, coerdelion said:

I know that. It's almost the same everywhere. I dunno how some people get out of these dirty, unsolicited messages, specifically when they're attractive and welcomed. 

However, you won't get blamed for such things unlike our culture. If something bad happens with me due to my online presence, people will start the famous victim blaming game by telling me why I'm on social media or why I interact with others! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, rabihumakhan said:

However, you won't get blamed for such things unlike our culture. If something bad happens with me due to my online presence, people will start the famous victim blaming game by telling me why I'm on social media or why I interact with others! 

Don't be so sure. A woman gets assaulted, and there are plenty of people questioning what she was wearing, how much did she have to drink, why was she walking alone, why wasn't she more careful, did she actually want it, did she provoke him somehow... And it's definitely not just in your culture.

• Like 4