My Account got flagged due to suspicious location patterns. But I haven't did something like this.

Hi everyone,

I recently received a message stating my account has been flagged and restricted from participating in the Fiverr level system.  Customer support mentioned a potential Terms of Service violation or suspicious location patterns as the reason. However, I'm confident I haven't violated any Fiverr guidelines.

I'm hoping someone in the community might have encountered a similar situation or have some advice.  Ideally, I'd like to understand the flagged activity in more detail to ensure I'm fully compliant moving forward.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

@vickieito can you please guide me on this and mention Fiverr CS + Staffs to look into this matter. 🙂 

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 11.06.12_0139ff61.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 11.05.21_64a867a0.jpg

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Hi everyone,

I recently received a message stating my account has been flagged and restricted from participating in the Fiverr level system.  Customer support mentioned a potential Terms of Service violation or suspicious location patterns as the reason. However, I'm confident I haven't violated any Fiverr guidelines.

I'm hoping someone in the community might have encountered a similar situation or have some advice.  Ideally, I'd like to understand the flagged activity in more detail to ensure I'm fully compliant moving forward.

Thanks in advance for any insights!

@vickieito can you please guide me on this and mention Fiverr CS + Staffs to look into this matter. 🙂 

• Like 9

Hello @quo_seo_agency,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time.

You might want to read the below topic that has been answered by @Kesha.

Please note only the support team and/or your Fiverr Success Manager can help you with this.

Staff that are active on the forum are unable to give specific account advice/help.

I'd also suggest reading this link for the help center which explains more about warnings, and the appeal process.

Good luck!

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Hello @quo_seo_agency,

I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time.

You might want to read the below topic that has been answered by @Kesha.

Please note only the support team and/or your Fiverr Success Manager can help you with this.

Staff that are active on the forum are unable to give specific account advice/help.

I'd also suggest reading this link for the help center which explains more about warnings, and the appeal process.

Good luck!

Thanks for letting me know @williambryan392.  Unfortunately, I don't have a Fiverr Success Manager assigned to me.  I've tried contacting customer support, but I keep getting automated emails back.  Is there anything else I can try?

I'm completely clueless what happened. I'm 100% sure that I haven't violated any guidelines. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, quo_seo_agency said:

Is there anything else I can try?

According to the help center info shown below you can appeal. Aside from this I'm really not sure what else can be done, apart from persevering with the customer support team. @vickieito is a very experienced TRS so she may have more advice to give?

What if I don’t agree with a decision?

Whether you submitted a report or you are the account holder, you have the right to appeal a decision. Appeals can be made in the form of a complaint with Customer Support, and must be made within 6 months from the receipt of the notification.  

If your appeal is successful:
For account holders:

• Removed content will be restored and any relevant warning will be removed from your account.
  • A suspended account will be reinstated.

For those who submitted a report:

• Any change to the initial decision will be communicated to you and the account holder.

If your appeal is not successful:
The original decision will become final and cannot be appealed again on Fiverr.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

According to the help center info shown below you can appeal. Aside from this I'm really not sure what else can be done, apart from persevering with the customer support team. @vickieito is a very experienced TRS so she may have more advice to give?

What if I don’t agree with a decision?

Whether you submitted a report or you are the account holder, you have the right to appeal a decision. Appeals can be made in the form of a complaint with Customer Support, and must be made within 6 months from the receipt of the notification.  

If your appeal is successful:
For account holders:

• Removed content will be restored and any relevant warning will be removed from your account.
  • A suspended account will be reinstated.

For those who submitted a report:

• Any change to the initial decision will be communicated to you and the account holder.

If your appeal is not successful:
The original decision will become final and cannot be appealed again on Fiverr.

can tell me what's does for please

• Like 7

So, I reached out for more details regarding some suspicious location patterns, and instead, I received notification about another issue. Apparently, my account has been flagged because it's connected to another account that was disabled due to a policy violation. Honestly, I'm a bit puzzled because I haven't knowingly done anything to violate any policies.

Could you please help me understand what's going on here? @vickieito, @Lena@milos_siena or @Lyndsey_Fiverr. I really value your assistance in resolving this matter. Thanks a lot for your time and understanding.

"Your account was flagged for being connected to another account that was disabled due to a violation of our policies." Second Reply

"After careful review, your account has been flagged due to activities indicating a connection to violations of our Terms of Service or suspicious location patterns. Consequently, your participation in Fiverr's level system is permanently restricted." First Reply 

image.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Someone please explain to me how one's account can be connected to another account that was disabled. This seems unusual to me, I don't really understand. Also, please point out where in the guidelines this is mentioned, so that we know about the regulations.

Thank you.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, fahadislamjuel said:

Someone please explain to me how one's account can be connected to another account that was disabled. This seems unusual to me, I don't really understand. Also, please point out where in the guidelines this is mentioned, so that we know about the regulations.

My guess (and it definitely is a guess) is that the other account that was disabled was found to be part of review manipulation in some way.

For example, you buy my gig and I buy yours.

Or, there are companies that sell Fiverr reviews. If I was Fiverr I'd buy this company, or pay them to release the data to me so I can identify who is breaking the rules.

The really funny thing is these companies often show screenshots on the website of the reviews they've done, including the sellers name. Assuming they are actually showcasing their real work this is stupid on so many levels, not just the fraudulent level.

• Like 6
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello @quo_seo_agency 

I understand this may be disappointing for you. On the Forum, we are not able to provide answers to all Fiverr account-specific questions. Your account was reviewed and as CS explained, it is flagged due to a violation of our policies. Since these account flags are only able to be addressed by our Customer Support team, or if applicable, your Customer Success Manager, I am so sorry to say that there is nothing we can do to assist you on this matter. 

I appreciate your understanding. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Lena said:

Hello @quo_seo_agency 

I understand this may be disappointing for you. On the Forum, we are not able to provide answers to all Fiverr account-specific questions. Your account was reviewed and as CS explained, it is flagged due to a violation of our policies. Since these account flags are only able to be addressed by our Customer Support team, or if applicable, your Customer Success Manager, I am so sorry to say that there is nothing we can do to assist you on this matter. 

I appreciate your understanding. 

Hi @Lena,

Thank you for your reply, but I'm afraid this doesn't resolve the issue.

The problem is that the CS team is sending generic messages and closing my ticket without actually addressing the account flag violation. I don't have a Customer Success Manager to reach out to, and the forum isn't helpful for Fiverr account specifics.

Could you please advise on how to escalate this further?  I'd like to understand the violation and get my account back in good standing.

Perhaps there's a specific department or supervisor within CS I can contact to get a more thorough resolution?

Thank you for your understanding and assistance.

• Like 6

Hi again @quo_seo_agency 

20 hours ago, quo_seo_agency said:

The problem is that the CS team is sending generic messages and closing my ticket without actually addressing the account flag violation.

The CS explained the reason why your account was flagged in the emails. Your ticket was handled by Shift Managers but if you'd like to escalate your issue further, you'd have to open another ticket. 

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me.

Thanks. 

• Like 5

On 3/10/2024 at 10:08 AM, fahadislamjuel said:

Someone please explain to me how one's account can be connected to another account that was disabled.

For example, one person having multiple accounts (which is a violation of Fiverr's terms of service), and then one or more of those other accounts get disabled. Or it could even be someone who opened an account years ago, forgot all about it and never used it, then opened another account and started selling.

Or, two or more Fiverr accounts connected to the same withdrawal provider (or the same email address, ID, phone number...).

Or, as @williambryan392 suggested, review manipulation.

Of course, everything I've mentioned is just my guess, based on what's forbidden by Fiverr's terms of service and community guidelines.

• Like 5
  • Up 4