New scam attempt (sophisticated)

visualstudios

Hello.

I recently posted a gig and I got a message from a client saying she wanted to buy my service but she said the checkout page said you need the seller's email address. I was confused but, I sent her my email. She even sent me a screenshot of the checkout page. After that, she said she had paid for the gig and to check my email. I said my thanks and went to check my email. When I went to my email there was an account that seemed legit and it said "Good morning valued customer.Hooray! Your product has been reserved for sale! A buyer has selected your product, and the shipping process is underway. Affirm your sale by activating the confirmation button, and you'll be instantly taken to our order confirmation page. Execute the stipulated guidelines attentively to ensure proper payment for your successfully sold item." On the bottom of the email was a button that said "ATTEST". I thought that meant I just had to click the button to verify the purchase. However, I clicked the link and the page did not seem to load at all. Shortly after, I got a message from an account under the name of fiverr saying I had to scan a QR code to verify some stuff. I checked both of the accounts of the buyer and the person under the name of fiverr, and they were both made in May 2024. At this point, I was sure it was a scam but the screenshot was making me decently confused. Can any of you guys help me out? I don't want to get scammed, but I also don't want to make a genuine buyer disappointed.

This is the screenshot that the buyer sent me.

image.png.88d6d0a2ae8fa230e3392f93f2496f1b.png

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, sahgraphix said:

Hello.

I recently posted a gig and I got a message from a client saying she wanted to buy my service but she said the checkout page said you need the seller's email address. I was confused but, I sent her my email. She even sent me a screenshot of the checkout page. After that, she said she had paid for the gig and to check my email. I said my thanks and went to check my email. When I went to my email there was an account that seemed legit and it said "Good morning valued customer.Hooray! Your product has been reserved for sale! A buyer has selected your product, and the shipping process is underway. Affirm your sale by activating the confirmation button, and you'll be instantly taken to our order confirmation page. Execute the stipulated guidelines attentively to ensure proper payment for your successfully sold item." On the bottom of the email was a button that said "ATTEST". I thought that meant I just had to click the button to verify the purchase. However, I clicked the link and the page did not seem to load at all. Shortly after, I got a message from an account under the name of fiverr saying I had to scan a QR code to verify some stuff. I checked both of the accounts of the buyer and the person under the name of fiverr, and they were both made in May 2024. At this point, I was sure it was a scam but the screenshot was making me decently confused. Can any of you guys help me out? I don't want to get scammed, but I also don't want to make a genuine buyer disappointed.

This is the screenshot that the buyer sent me.

image.png.88d6d0a2ae8fa230e3392f93f2496f1b.png

I'm not reading 80% of this. It's a scam. Fiverr doesn't allow outside contact and wouldn't want you to give out your email or go off platform in anyway. They're trying to get your info.

Buyers do not need your email to place an order.

Edited by dereck_s
  • Like 2
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, sahgraphix said:

I was sure it was a scam but the screenshot was making me decently confused.

It's spoofed, cloned, mocked, façade.

The actual Fiverr checkout page does look similar, from what I've read here in the forums. Fake websites, insidiously crafted to look like the original, are a favorite scammer tool.

This was just posted today, by an official Fiverr staff member:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/330548-handling-spam-messages/ 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Created my account last October. Getting 10s of telegram messages + 33 spams. Up to now, still not a single order. But we'll get there for sure. 🤞😊

Edited by j_almojera
  • Like 9

On 6/4/2024 at 12:10 PM, rutuparna_24 said:

Hey guys if I’m redirected to telegram via the Fiverr chat and they assign me to do some work and promise to pay me after the work is submitted, should I do it or ask for the payment first?

It's scam actually. Avoid it please. Report those buyers whoever asks you to join telegram or share personal details, scan QR code etc. 

• Like 9

i recieved the same question, i filled all the card details but the transaction was not successful because e-commerce transactions are turned off on my bank account. so i want to ask can they save my information and use it later or i am safe now

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, usamatarar18 said:

i recieved the same question, i filled all the card details but the transaction was not successful because e-commerce transactions are turned off on my bank account. so i want to ask can they save my information and use it later or i am safe now

Don't try it again. It looks like you are just saved by your bank, luckily. These are hackers trying to steal your credit card information thus your money.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

I am also new on Fiverr platform as a freelancer. But for completion of account verification process Fiverr only asked for any one of the valid Government ID's photo and a real time selfie. No credit card details is required for ID verification.

Edited by adrija_solution
  • Like 5
  • Up 1

i have received a new message from some one saying that he gone pay me before start working and he place an order and send me a qr code with it and ask me to scan it and confirm the order , is that normal i'm new to fiverr

• Like 3

So i published my first gig, after 30 min i got this massage.
Is it real, or a scam? (I think its a scam probably, i read that scammers target newcomers)

Edit: In the file there is a pic with a QR code and instructions.

kp_2024-06-08_230717483.png.b50d08637c01c8808543e52d883fd877.png

I also gotten 2 same message from different support acc, now im sure this is a scam. 

• Like 2

On 6/8/2024 at 5:08 PM, csonkapeter said:

I also gotten 2 same message from different support acc, now im sure this is a scam. 

Yup. As fake as it comes. 

A lot of people are getting these and many fall for it which is quite an issue. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, kukumehmood said:

I am new on fiverr and i got following msg. I tried to follow the process but my bank denied this transaction. What should I do now? 

Hey, it's a SCAM. Thank goodness your bank didn't allow this transaction -- or else the scammers could have emptied your account by now. Report the person who sent this QR code or link, as they are not official customer support.

Customer support never approaches you through the inbox to ask for any personal details (including credit card information).

Also, your account is not suspended as I can access your gig and profile without any issues. For any questions regarding your account, you can try reaching out to real customer support: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

Hey, it's a SCAM. Thank goodness your bank didn't allow this transaction -- or else the scammers could have emptied your account by now. Report the person who sent this QR code or link, as they are not official customer support.

Customer support never approaches you through the inbox to ask for any personal details (including credit card information).

Also, your account is not suspended as I can access your gig and profile without any issues. For any questions regarding your account, you can try reaching out to real customer support: https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets

Oh thanx GOD.. 

• Like 1

It's obvious that if you receive a QR code or anything that's suspicious, you don't open it.

A serious person/buyer will just say what they want and offer details. If they ask stuff via Telegram or other platforms, clearly they are breaching the rules and most of the time don't want anything from you.

• Like 9
  • Up 1

I got this message - You are temperory unable to place order?

I got the following message in my mailbox:

"Fiverr implements an advanced verification process to ensure security.
As a result, you are temporarily unable to place and accept orders.
To restore your fiverr account, please follow the instructions:
I. Take a screenshot and go to the photo
2. Click on the QR code
3. Click on the link that appears and follow our instructions
As soon as the verification is completed, your fiverr account will immediately
resume operation.
We appreciate your attention, Fiverr team. "

Is this a scam?

1Capture.PNG

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 10:20 AM, list4best said:

Is this a scam?

Yes, it is!

I can order your gigs without any issues, so there is no restriction on your account. Refrain from scanning any QR code or entering any personal information. Also, the customer support team never approaches you like this in the inbox. Report the user and block them right away! 

• Like 1
  • Up 1