Redesign delivery review extensions…

…or better yet, remove the option entirely!

The process by which a buyer can, without request or conversation, extend their review time on a delivery should be either completely redesigned or removed.

Sellers commit to a delivery deadline. Buyers should commit to a reasonable amount of time to review the work.

I understand that some complex work and complex team structures and/or approval chains require more time.

However, I can think of many ways to achieve this goal without taking all agency away from the seller.

One option would be that extensions must be agreed upon with the seller, in the same way that sellers must request an extension for the delivery deadline.

Another option is to have the delivery review time as an editable duration by the seller in their gig offerings and custom offers. That way, a seller and buyer can agree upon a longer review period before commencing the order and there are no surprises for the seller waiting to be paid for their work. There should still be a minimum review period to avoid abuse  I think 3 days is a good minimum amount 

There are probably many other ways to achieve this result but the current process is not good.

Thanks,.

Edited by charlsmcfarlane
  • Like 12
  • Up 9

7 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

…or better yet, remove the option entirely!

The process by which a buyer can, without request or conversation, extend their review time on a delivery should be either completely redesigned or removed.

Sellers commit to a delivery deadline. Buyers should commit to a reasonable amount of time to review the work.

I understand that some complex work and complex team structures and/or approval chains require more time.

However, I can think of many ways to achieve this goal without taking all agency away from the seller.

One option would be that extensions must be agreed upon with the seller, in the same way that sellers must request an extension for the delivery deadline.

Another option is to have the delivery review time as an editable duration by the seller in their gig offerings and custom offers. That way, a seller and buyer can agree upon a longer review period before commencing the order and there are no surprises for the seller waiting to be paid for their work. There should still be a minimum review period to avoid abuse  I think 3 days is a good minimum amount 

There are probably many other ways to achieve this result but the current process is not good.

Thanks,.

What about the clearance period after delivery ?

• Like 8

Yeah, its frustrating that sometimes a buyer is giving us a 2 days long deadline, then extending the review period a few times, because he needs a week for a simple review. So once again its a system that is punishing us, sellers, because the buyer is lazy as hell.

Example. I have a guy here from Bangladesh who presumably outsourced a job to me. He gave me a two days long deadline and I made the job as promised. Now he is extending the deadline with additional three days, because he can't manage to communicate the task he actually took and passed onto me. So its a joke.

Edited by istvanszaboifj
  • Like 6

I am pretty sure that was added because some buyers complained there's not enough time to check. And we have to realize that Fiverr has a ton of categories. Checking a logo or an article is easy, however checking massive projects is a lot harder and it might take more than 3 days.

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 6
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I am pretty sure that was added because some buyers complained there's not enough time to check. And we have to realize that Fiverr has a ton of categories. Checking a logo or an article is easy, however checking massive projects is a lot harder and it might take more than 3 days.

Indeed. I understand the need for some way to make the 3 days more flexible. I just don’t think the execution is great.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

I just don’t think the execution is great.

I think this mostly affects people that have very large projects only. In that case, you do want to get paid quicker, and if the buyer extends too much, it can take an extra week or so. I get it, they want flexibility for buyers. And in general, unless the buyer needs more time, they just add a few more days. Even when I had a large article lot, they extended with 5 days, I revised within a day and that was the end of it. But as I said, I get both sides. 

I just don't see how they can improve this. Because if you don't allow buyers to add more time, they will be mad. Sellers want to get paid fast, so they don't want buyers to extend at all. As always, it's up to the buyer, because they are the ones they paid. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I think this mostly affects people that have very large projects only. In that case, you do want to get paid quicker, and if the buyer extends too much, it can take an extra week or so. I get it, they want flexibility for buyers. And in general, unless the buyer needs more time, they just add a few more days. Even when I had a large article lot, they extended with 5 days, I revised within a day and that was the end of it. But as I said, I get both sides. 

I just don't see how they can improve this. Because if you don't allow buyers to add more time, they will be mad. Sellers want to get paid fast, so they don't want buyers to extend at all. As always, it's up to the buyer, because they are the ones they paid. 

That makes sense. Expecting someone to review a 60 second voice over in 3 days is totally reasonable. Equally, I think it’s reasonable to allow 7-10 days for reviewing a 3 hour audiobook.

I agree that different jobs require different amounts I’d time for review. I just think these differences should be represented in the gig offering, and therefore part of the agreement from the start.

If a seller wants to extend the delivery time (adjust the agreement), they must ask the buyer. It wouldn’t be unreasonable to make the process the same for buyers requesting more time.

• Like 5

Agreed. One of my buyers extended their review time to more than 45 days by using that feature time to time. Almost every action in Resolution Center needs approval from both buyer and seller. But this extension thing is only buyer-sided.

Instead, I would like to suggest something like this:

Provide levels to buyers (level 1, level 2, like the sellers). Level 1 buyers can have +2 days extensions, while level 2 buyers can have +3 days extensions. Likewise. 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

If a seller wants to extend the delivery time (adjust the agreement), they must ask the buyer. It wouldn’t be unreasonable to make the process the same for buyers requesting more time.

I mean.. the buyer paid so obviously he has to agree to more time. I don't see why we should force a buyer more than what the platform does already. Buyers have to write a multi-page review, they also need to complete a private review, plus whatever things Fiverr sends them. That's on top of a purchase fee and whatever time it takes for the seller to deliver. It's not as seamless as some would like so yeah.. having an extra step to ask the seller might not happen.

I think it's reasonable for any seller that sells expensive, larger projects that the buyer might ask for extra time. If you plan like that, it becomes much easier in the end I think.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I think it's reasonable for any seller that sells expensive, larger projects that the buyer might ask for extra time. If you plan like that, it becomes much easier in the end I think.

The trouble is, there are buyers who keep extending the review time (45 days or even more, in some cases), and it's not always because the project is large. It can be for a 150-word text, too.

• Like 3
  • Up 4

24 minutes ago, catwriter said:

The trouble is, there are buyers who keep extending the review time (45 days or even more, in some cases), and it's not always because the project is large. It can be for a 150-word text, too.

Sure. But those are exceptions, not exactly the norm. And if they wouldn't have this avenue, they would require a revision as many times as necessary. So I understand, but at the same time there's not a whole lot that we can do.. Other than report bad behavior like this to customer support. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

i am agreed to the point 

• Like 2