Many impressions but low clicks

patoriuss

Typically, if you have plenty of impressions but few clicks, then there is something buyers would like to avoid about your gig. It could be the price, but it could also be an AI-generated gig description that is written in robot style, which is a way no one usually talks. If a seller is willing to have AI-generated descriptions, buyers will wonder what else the seller would try not to be honest about.   

• Like 5

3 hours ago, patoriuss said:

Hi There!
I have this gig https://www.fiverr.com/patoriuss/do-a-great-video-essay
It has more than 400 impressions, but only 9 clicks.
I wonder if someone can give me some advice. maybe lowering the costs
Many thanks
Pat

Your pricing indeed seems to be very steep. I understand that VFX is a time and skill-oriented field but it would be a good idea to keep pricing somewhere around the median or average for your category. And then gradually increase it with time, as your gig would gain orders and reviews. 

Alot of us started with double-digit pricing and then gradually grew it over a period of time. 

Also, your work samples need to be more impactful - create and post compelling work which would leave an everlasting impression. 

There should be a strong CORRELATION between your pricing and work samples, that's how one starts gaining traction on the platform. 

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 6

I took a look at your gig. Couple things:

1) Your title/gig is not appealing for the vast majority of buyers. It's extremely niche. Very few people looking for video art on Fiverr, that's commercially not viable. This means that even when buyers see your gig, they won't click on it because it's not what they want.

2) Your account is from 2019 and you have 1 review. That's not strong performance, and most buyers will prefer buying from either a new account, or an account with more sales (specially given your pricing).

3) You are only using two tags on the gig - and two weak tags in terms of volume, cinema and video art. That doesn't help in terms of getting impressions. 400 impressions can lead to clicks if you have great thumbnail, lots of reviews, a product that is in demand, and a competitive price. You have none of that - so you will need way more impressions, because your clickthrough will be very low.

4) Your copy is bad. That doesn't matter in terms of clicks, but can help convert the few clicks you have into orders. Your copy isn't helping convert, it's clearly chatgpt.

5) Finally, your video (which is the essential factor to get clients given what you're selling) is too out there. Sure, it's a style, and I won't comment on "quality", as that is subjective. But the fact is that it's too odd for what the majority of people are looking for. Think about your buyer - who is he, and why is he looking to buy something like your gig video? Most people who are into video art are artists themselves, so they would be interested in making their own material, not buying it. It's not something that sells, plain and simple. Also, some of the sequences in your gig video are a actually a bit too shocking, too risky, you should play it safer given the platform you're selling on.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

4) Your copy is bad. That doesn't matter in terms of clicks, but can help convert the few clicks you have into orders. Your copy isn't helping convert, it's clearly chatgpt.

image.jpeg.27cc64fa908c7acb2d7c53b194365098.jpeg

You're not wrong with the assumption 🙂

And also, that formatting hurts my eyes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You're not wrong with the assumption

I know, it wasn't an assumption.

But please stop using those checkers, they are worthless. False positives are out of control, and you don't need them. You can tell if it's chat gpt just by reading it. Using unreliable "chat gpt checkers" does more harm than good.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

But please stop using those checkers, they are worthless. False positives are out of control, and you don't need them. You can tell if it's chat gpt just by reading it. Using unreliable "chat gpt checkers" does more harm than good.

Well I don't really have a choice. I know they are unreliable, but most writing clients these days request proof using one of those tools. I will say this, some of them do get it right at times, but there are tons of false positives, as you said. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, visualstudios said:

1) Your title/gig is not appealing for the vast majority of buyers. It's extremely niche. Very few people looking for video art on Fiverr, that's commercially not viable. This means that even when buyers see your gig, they won't click on it because it's not what they want.

2) Your account is from 2019 and you have 1 review. That's not strong performance, and most buyers will prefer buying from either a new account, or an account with more sales (specially given your pricing).

3) You are only using two tags on the gig - and two weak tags in terms of volume, cinema and video art. That doesn't help in terms of getting impressions. 400 impressions can lead to clicks if you have great thumbnail, lots of reviews, a product that is in demand, and a competitive price. You have none of that - so you will need way more impressions, because your clickthrough will be very low.

5) Finally, your video (which is the essential factor to get clients given what you're selling) is too out there. Sure, it's a style, and I won't comment on "quality", as that is subjective. But the fact is that it's too odd for what the majority of people are looking for. Think about your buyer - who is he, and why is he looking to buy something like your gig video? Most people who are into video art are artists themselves, so they would be interested in making their own material, not buying it. It's not something that sells, plain and simple. Also, some of the sequences in your gig video are a actually a bit too shocking, too risky, you should play it safer given the platform you're selling on.

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, visualstudios said:

Very informative. Thanks.

• Like 2