image.png.d89020fecb054d83db0a3f0efaee15cc.png

This happens when you don't get a (public?) review for at least two months. My last few buyers in December didn't. 

As you can see, Fiverr places a high value on people with a strong historical track record of performance. Personally, I got the warm fuzzies seeing this today when I - even though I am out of office - dutifully opened my dashboard to check for messages that need responding to. 

🥰I hope that my success story inspires everyone on their own journey through Fiverr. 🥰

Edited by emmaki
this also happened to me twice last year lol
  • Like 35
  • Congrats! 7
  • Up 13
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

I'd like to thank my mom Fiverr for being such a wonderful place to work at. It brings me such a serene sense of security to know that I am a valued member of this august institution, and that my opinions matter. Most of all, I can only sigh with overwhelming happiness to see all the hard work that I have put into the system so well-rewarded over the years. It's wonderful to see a merit-based system that holds everyone to the same high standards. It's only fair, really, that I, a non-viable commercial unit for the past while, should have to pull myself up by the bootstraps to show everyone the stuff I'm made of again so I, once again, can claim my true status as a 4.7 VALUE FOR MONEY SELLER!

I just can't stop crying! I'm so emotional! This. Is. Success! 

Edited by emmaki
PS I also read things before I write, which is really useful when I have buyers who want me to do things. Just a lil trs pro tip for some people on this thread
  • Like 23
  • Haha 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, jellyvector said:

Good to hear that. Thank you for being with Fiverr.

1 hour ago, israk_hossain said:

congratulations

So nice to see that people who lie about being claim to be fluent in English don't understand a word of English.

Or have zero reading comprehension.

Or struggle to read (and understand) more than 5 words.

I'm so happy for their buyers.

• Like 21
  • Haha 1
  • Up 6

2 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Somehow, I doubt that their work is good value for anything...

Oh, with AI these days anyone can be value for money without actually having skills. Or having skills, but no ability to speak the language. Fiverr doesn't care, since it's handing out ChatGPT message templates with abandon these days while simultaneously having an appallingly anti-consumer generative AI policy. 

Just so long as the buyer doesn't ask, it's alllll gravy. And so long as the buyer isn't too careful with their money, which was, incidentally, one of the reasons Fiverr started as Fiverr (fewer will bother to refund for $5, basically - it's all in those interviews I mentioned yesterday!) and they get something roughly near what they want, all is good.

It's odd that people who have worked on a platform for years and have proven their worth and value are ranked on the same systems as sellers who operate like that, really. And further odd that the new level/reviews system probably isn't going to do anything to address that, but I am prepared to be stunned into silence whatever happens 🙂

But I think today is more about celebratory rats and sad kittens, don't you? 

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, emmaki said:

And further odd that the new level/reviews system probably isn't going to do anything to address that, but I am prepared to be stunned into silence whatever happens 🙂

From what I saw, unless they are changing stuff, you won't be stunned into silence. There are some interesting ideas, a bit more transparency, but a lot of stuff is still uncertain. As I said in the other topic, it would be great if they add a way for people to share feedback. Sure, they added stuff that went well, but what about another section with stuff that didn't go well? I think all sellers are ok with constructive feedback, but unless you ask your customer directly, how do you get constructive feedback (unless of course, the customer makes it a point to talk about all negative stuff in their written review).

• Like 21
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

From what I saw, unless they are changing stuff, you won't be stunned into silence. There are some interesting ideas, a bit more transparency, but a lot of stuff is still uncertain. As I said in the other topic, it would be great if they add a way for people to share feedback. Sure, they added stuff that went well, but what about another section with stuff that didn't go well? I think all sellers are ok with constructive feedback, but unless you ask your customer directly, how do you get constructive feedback (unless of course, the customer makes it a point to talk about all negative stuff in their written review).

I could be stunned into silence due to a world of of positive emotions as well as negative! I'm just stamping my feet over that silly N/A thing, which I knew was coming anyway. 

image.png.9840e6ff10599e04b3802d1d7531ad8c.png

• Like 19

BTW, some sellers are sending Google Forms with their delivery to get feedback (reddit). 

I cringed. It seems very TOS-violate-y and there must be some buyers who have wondered if they should be getting paid for all this work... 

• Like 15
  • Confused 1
  • Up 2

Yes, I agree. I'm not about to snitch, though (plus Reddit is anonymous). This was a couple of months ago and you know the dude will be caught sooner or later - roll on the inevitable "I didn't do anything wrong" post. 

• Like 16