Top Rated Seller? Now how does this 'new thing' work?

greggidneyvo

Hey! I'm not sure how new it is (I think it's been around for years I think though perhaps we have a bit more info on what happens now?). What I know is that I was first 'nominated' (e.g. fulfilled all criteria) last Jan or Feb. I've been TRS since last July, so it took ME half a year or so. However, I think this depends on a lot of things. Some people never get it; some people might become TRS a month or so after they reach all of the goals. There are a lot of decently capable sellers on here, so it's likely pretty hard to go through everyone's files which can make it a lengthy process, I'd guess. 

• Like 6
  • Up 8

Hi @greggidneyvo!

Just wanted to say that I looked at your profile and you have so many unique and fun voices that you offer - I'd love to see you as a TRS!

@katakatica is right - some people never get the TRS even though they have great visible stats and Fiverr's Choice orders coming in.

Fiverr says they review accounts for TRS eligibility on a monthly basis and if the account doesn't meet the hidden metrics, the account won't be reviewed again for at least 3 months (it's probably 6 months or longer if your Buyer Satisfaction Score [BSR] is affected). This is heavily affected by your private reviews, which no one sees. 

I know when I first got "nominated" for TRS, it coincided with my first cancelation in over a year. My Seller Plus Success Manager told me that my BSR was slightly down and they would like to see improvement over time before considering my account for TRS again.

Although my BSR has been great for some time (based on my Success Manager), there are other hidden quality metrics that were affected when my account got shut down by a hacker in May of this year, which canceled all my orders in queue and dropped my seller level temporarily to Level 1 (until Fiverr could fix it). Even though Fiverr restored my seller level and fixed my visible stats, those additional quality metrics are still affecting my eligibility for certain features, such as the Early Payout feature and TRS nomination.

So based on that experience, I can see how one event can disqualify a seller's eligibility for TRS for a year, and two events can disqualify a seller for longer. This may be why it takes many sellers years to achieve TRS while others never get it. Because I'm a low-volume seller, I would have to have zero events to be eligible for TRS, which I don't think is possible for me. So I really do have huge respect for anyone who's made it to TRS (and maintains that status)!

• Like 12
  • Up 2

TRS here. I'll be honest, I think I've been a TRS for several years, but I don't remember when and how.
I didn't even know I was a TRS, I think I finally realized it when someone pointed it out for me??
It didn't increase the number of orders or anything, but I guess people do tend to trust you more because of your status.
That little star next to your name makes you look cool too I guess.

• Like 12

16 hours ago, greggidneyvo said:

Hey all...

The new system says that they 'review' your account to determine if you are worthy to be a TRS...
When and how long does it take for them to figure this all out?

Hi @greggidneyvo,

For TRS, they do review the account manually, and it has been there for a couple of years now. There has been a few changes to the policy in last few weeks though, e.g. they reduced the earning threshold from $20k to $10k.

About when & how long : Once you meet all the eligibility criteria that is shown on Fiverr website, after that it could take anywhere from 1 month to a few months or years. 

For me, I got the TRS badge right within 1 month of meeting the eligibility criteria. Yes, I was in discussion with my Seller Success Manager and that probably helped as well. There are a lot of factors in the backend that affect the timelines (BSR being one of them, how you communicate with the Buyers etc etc), and most of them are unknown to us.

• Like 7

On 8/20/2023 at 8:45 PM, vickieito said:

Hi @greggidneyvo!

Just wanted to say that I looked at your profile and you have so many unique and fun voices that you offer - I'd love to see you as a TRS!

@katakatica is right - some people never get the TRS even though they have great visible stats and Fiverr's Choice orders coming in.

Fiverr says they review accounts for TRS eligibility on a monthly basis and if the account doesn't meet the hidden metrics, the account won't be reviewed again for at least 3 months (it's probably 6 months or longer if your Buyer Satisfaction Score [BSR] is affected). This is heavily affected by your private reviews, which no one sees. 

I know when I first got "nominated" for TRS, it coincided with my first cancelation in over a year. My Seller Plus Success Manager told me that my BSR was slightly down and they would like to see improvement over time before considering my account for TRS again.

Although my BSR has been great for some time (based on my Success Manager), there are other hidden quality metrics that were affected when my account got shut down by a hacker in May of this year, which canceled all my orders in queue and dropped my seller level temporarily to Level 1 (until Fiverr could fix it). Even though Fiverr restored my seller level and fixed my visible stats, those additional quality metrics are still affecting my eligibility for certain features, such as the Early Payout feature and TRS nomination.

So based on that experience, I can see how one event can disqualify a seller's eligibility for TRS for a year, and two events can disqualify a seller for longer. This may be why it takes many sellers years to achieve TRS while others never get it. Because I'm a low-volume seller, I would have to have zero events to be eligible for TRS, which I don't think is possible for me. So I really do have huge respect for anyone who's made it to TRS (and maintains that status)!

Thank you!
I have been trying to get there with the voices I can perform.

I was told Seller Plus was for buyers.  How and why havent I been given an opportunity for a success manager?  That would be wonderful... I think.

I need the work, as I recently lost my day job

• Like 5

1 hour ago, greggidneyvo said:

Seller Plus was for buyers

Fiverr Select is for buyers, maybe that's what you confused Seller Plus with. Here's more info on the Seller Plus program:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017140717-Seller-Plus-overview

1 hour ago, greggidneyvo said:

How and why havent I been given an opportunity for a success manager? 

I had to sign up on the waiting list to join the program. You can do that here: https://www.fiverr.com/cp/seller-plus

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 6:32 PM, vickieito said:

Fiverr Select is for buyers, maybe that's what you confused Seller Plus with. Here's more info on the Seller Plus program:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017140717-Seller-Plus-overview

I had to sign up on the waiting list to join the program. You can do that here: https://www.fiverr.com/cp/seller-plus

Does the monthly fee come out of your Fiverr account?
I would hope I could make more than $40 a month to pay for this... as I haven't gotten much business in the last several months... maybe even a year.
I think I'm decent at providing great service and a good product

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...