An update on the new option to review canceled orders

Shiran.M

Sorry for the duplicate posts. Seems like there is a bug with duplicate posting. I hit twice with my reply when I was on the first page and no message of submission or anything and then checked the last page and there was my reply posted twice. Should fix this bug

Edited by picaya
duplicate
  • Like 26

On 7/13/2023 at 1:34 AM, bosegrafix said:

i think veteran sellers should be inform of something like these before they are being release, at list to get some opinion and ideas from them

This is why Fiverr didn't roll this new feature out. Fiverr is currently in the process of gathering feedback and ideas from sellers to make sure they are addressing sellers' concerns before rolling out this new review policy.

As far as I know, Fiverr still intends to roll out a policy that allows reviews on canceled orders, but with certain conditions in place. Currently, these are: 1) the seller is not responsive (i.e., not responding within 24 hours of a buyer's order message), 2) the seller delivers late, and 3) the seller made a delivery.

I think 1 & 2 are pretty straightforward. These usually can be blamed on the seller (with very few exceptions).

The last one is problematic because it assumes that every order that results in a delivery + cancelation is the seller's fault (i.e., the buyer received a delivery that they did not like).

That's not always the case, because there are instances where buyers like the delivery and cancel (e.g., they don't want to pay or decided they no longer need the services or other reason that doesn't make sense/isn't fair). In this case, it would make sense for the seller to dispute this type of cancelation first, CS comes to a decision to decide if the cancelation was legitimate or not, and then a decision made whether a review could be left on that order or not.

Other concerns voiced by sellers include how badly this would affect sellers' performance/visibility in search.

So Fiverr is currently looking at these concerns voiced by sellers and will see how they can address these concerns before rolling out this new cancelation policy.

On 7/8/2023 at 11:53 AM, adv_cidra said:

Fiverr doesn't allow Buyers/sellers to leave reviews after cancellations.

Buyers can leave private reviews after orders they cancel. I saw this move by Fiverr as a way for making these private reviews more public because that would give us more insight into what is affecting our Buyer Satisfaction Rate (BSR).

On 7/13/2023 at 1:34 AM, bosegrafix said:

we are just going to adapt anyways

I agree - this would definitely be a culture shift from everyone having 5 stars to many "good" sellers accounts having 4.3-5 stars. Which, I think, Fiverr addressed by lowering the requirement to keep your level to 4.3 stars. I'm curious to see how Fiverr rolls out this new policy and how these changes will affect us.

The best thing sellers can do is to respond to all canceled reviews in a way that demonstrates our professionalism and ability to handle customer concerns.

• Like 23
  • Up 2

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

3) the seller made a delivery.

The problem is, most orders will have a delivery. And the issue is that, some buyers are ok until you deliver, then they want to steal your content and cancel. The fact that they can also leave a review to burry your account is the nail in the coffin for a lot of sellers.

• Like 22
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

The problem is, most orders will have a delivery. And the issue is that, some buyers are ok until you deliver, then they want to steal your content and cancel. The fact that they can also leave a review to burry your account is the nail in the coffin for a lot of sellers.

I totally agree with you! That's why I said this:

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

The last one is problematic because it assumes that every order that results in a delivery + cancelation is the seller's fault (i.e., the buyer received a delivery that they did not like).

That's not always the case, because there are instances where buyers like the delivery and cancel (e.g., they don't want to pay or decided they no longer need the services or other reason that doesn't make sense/isn't fair). In this case, it would make sense for the seller to dispute this type of cancelation first, CS comes to a decision to decide if the cancelation was legitimate or not, and then a decision made whether a review could be left on that order or not.

The last reason is the only one I feel is problematic with the way Fiverr wants to roll out reviews on canceled orders. Maybe Fiverr should only roll out the reviews on canceled orders where the seller doesn't respond within 24 hours to a message or the delivery was late (reasons 1 & 2). 

• Like 21
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, vickieito said:

Maybe Fiverr should only roll out the reviews on canceled orders where the seller doesn't respond within 24 hours to a message or the delivery was late (reasons 1 & 2). 

That I agree with 100%. However, Fiverr clearly wants people to not cancel the orders to protect their account from a potential bad review and manipulate the system. But if they implement this system with reviews for canceled orders, that also means some buyers will manipulate the process. So to be honest with you Vickie, I have no idea how they will pull it off. Because if they leave it the way it is, sellers can refund and protect themselves, if they add reviews for canceled orders then buyers can have the ultimate power and manipulate the system. 

We will see, but if it doesn't benefit sellers in some ways, I am prepared to see a lot of backlash on the forum 🙂

• Like 21
  • Up 1

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

reviews for canceled orders, that also means some buyers will manipulate the process.

One thing Fiverr did mention was that these reviews on canceled orders will be marked as canceled orders, so that would be clear to anyone reading the review.

It would also make sense for these reviews not to have as much weight (or none at all), since the buyers got their refund. If Fiverr wants transparency, let the review go up, but not count towards the BSR or seller's rated review.

Then the seller just needs to worry about responding professionally to the review to show potential buyers their side of the story (and let sellers have the last word). Buyers should not be able to change their reviews, which seems to be currently allowed by CS. If sellers can't even mention reviews, buyers shouldn't be able to change their reviews either. I've seen several cases on the forum where buyers who once gave 5-star reviews, changed their reviews to 1-star reviews as an act of retaliation.

• Like 22
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

so that would be clear to anyone reading the review.

Does it really matter if it's a spiteful review from a competitor that just made a new account or maybe they use the account of a friend? People will automatically be drawn to those bad reviews to read them, and I am sure a lot of those readers won't even see it's from a canceled order. After all, many clients don't even read the description so...

If Fiverr wants transparency, let the review go up, but not count towards the BSR or seller's rated review.

They want to lower the treshold from 4.7 to 4.2 so clearly it will affect the BSR. Clearly they want to have only some sellers with 5 or 4.9, and instead the lower quality ones to have a much lower score. Because right now, most sellers have 4.8+.

I've seen several cases on the forum where buyers who once gave 5-star reviews, changed their reviews to 1-star reviews as an act of retaliation.

Saw those too. Then again, sellers should watch their mouth when interacting with a buyer. Act professionally, you're representing yourself. Even in my writing category I saw a lot of sellers behaving rather unprofessional when replying to a bad review. 

• Like 21
  • Up 1

34 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Saw those too. Then again, sellers should watch their mouth when interacting with a buyer. Act professionally, you're representing yourself. Even in my writing category I saw a lot of sellers behaving rather unprofessional when replying to a bad review. 

In one of those, the seller responded to the original, 5-star review with: "Thanks! It was great working with you!" Once the buyer's review was changed to a negative one, the seller's response looked cold-hearted, like they were completely overlooking the buyer's review. I think that if the buyer changes their review, the seller should also be able to change their response to match that bad review. It's only fair.

• Like 21
  • Up 1

21 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I think that if the buyer changes their review, the seller should also be able to change their response to match that bad review. It's only fair.

Buyers should not be allowed to change reviews. It's an easy fix. Don't leave a review for the sake of it (as you know I got the worst possible number of stars with a review saying the content was good, because the buyer was sleepy and felt pressured by Fiverr to leave a review). 

• Like 18
  • Sad 3

Updates and improvements are what make any platform better, but I would have appreciated it more if they would have taken the time to think more from the seller's perspective as well. As with what it says, it seems very much in the favor of the buyer and making their customers happy.

Nonetheless, this update would help honest customers and sellers (who are also buyers).

But on the other hand, this is business and every business's top priority is to make their customers happy and satisfied and that's what they are doing.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, vickieito said:

In one of those, the seller responded to the original, 5-star review with: "Thanks! It was great working with you!" Once the buyer's review was changed to a negative one, the seller's response looked cold-hearted, like they were completely overlooking the buyer's review. I think that if the buyer changes their review, the seller should also be able to change their response to match that bad review. It's only fair.

I strongly agree with that and that's what we call fair. Like how bad it would look from the buyer's perspective as they would think this seller doesn't even care about what his clients are saying and leaves a "Thanks! It was great working with you! It definitely seems overlooked and in that case, it would definitely hurt that seller's credibility and business as well.

• Like 20
  • Up 1

20 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

The problem is, most orders will have a delivery.

Not necessarily. Most of my cancellations were before anything was delivered (buyers ordering by mistake, or ordering something that I don't offer, or not providing me with enough (or any) information to work with...). Only a small percentage of my cancellations was after the delivery.

• Like 20

3 hours ago, zziyasheikh said:

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS IMPORTANT UPDATE.

Well, according to one of our esteemed Pro sellers, Fiverr is talking with various sellers and they are implementing this in the next few weeks. So it's just a matter of time. We don't know the final form for this yet.

• Like 21

21 hours ago, catwriter said:

Not necessarily. Most of my cancellations were before anything was delivered (buyers ordering by mistake, or ordering something that I don't offer, or not providing me with enough (or any) information to work with...). Only a small percentage of my cancellations was after the delivery.

I haven't had also any cancelled order after delivery. I am more selective with projects and buyers I want to work with. As I am still hesitated about the Seller Plus, I think it's time to decide for it.

• Like 21

• Guest unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Print or demand I just hope they review many things... What about gigs that have been deranked for no reason. I've never gotten a strike or warning yet my gig isn't ranked. Fiverr is my only source of livelihood yet I get very little or no sales (from my old clients who come back because of the quality of my work). My talent is just wasting. I'm just sad. I've written and complained several times yet no headway. I'm just disappointed really disappointed I must say.

• Like 13
  • Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

🔴🔴🔴

Hi, this is my honest opinion,

If a particular seller wanted to push down a rival seller in the same category,

What he would do
🔴 Before this feature - He would just place an order with another account and cancel the order for no reason - so the rival seller might get affected with multiple cancellations.

🔴 after introducing this feature - He would be able to not only cancel but also be able write a bad & bias review.

solution 01 - if any suspicious customer with many cancellations / low completion rate - flag them or have a mandatory CS involvement in future cancellations.

what if he is using multiple accounts and attacking a rival seller?

so 

Solution 2 - if a particular seller is getting multiple suspicious cancellations with bad reviews in a short time period - CS involvement to investigate

🔴 Ultimate Solution-  

❤️01. enabling the order confirmation button for all sellers (regardless of seller plus feature ). 

❤️02. New option to show a preview  ( with or without paying a fee / 5 % of the price ).

Once the customer happy and agrees to the preview, they can place an order / accept the offer - but can not cancel the order without a valid reason .

(Those solutions are based on my selling category which is portrait drawing, and another problem is the Usage of watermark removal AI tools by customers for delivered files and enhancement with AI after removing watermarks and runs away with a cancellation 😢)

-Nima-

• Like 11