An update on the new option to review canceled orders

Shiran.M

• Seven changed the title to রিভিউ ফর ক্যানসেলড অর্ডার ফিচার নিয়ে আলোচনার সারাংশ:
On 6/24/2023 at 11:12 AM, donnovan86 said:

Here, first message

1.jpg

Hi. Thanks for sharing this. I remember reading the highlighted passage when the post originally went out.

However, it doesn’t say that sellers will be able to leave a review on a cancelled order.

It says that sellers can “leave a response to reviews” – meaning if a buyer leaves a review, a seller can reply to that review.

The point I was making was that a fair system would allow equal opportunities for buyers and sellers i.e. If the buyer has the option to leave a review, so too should the seller.

• Like 31

1 hour ago, charlsmcfarlane said:

It says that sellers can “leave a response to reviews” – meaning if a buyer leaves a review, a seller can reply to that review.

Yes, so if a buyer leaves a review to a canceled order, you as a seller can reply to that.  I think it's pretty clear from what they said in that screenshot.

However Fiverr is rethinking this so who knows how the new version will appear and what it will include. So we will see. They said they will rethink this and come back later, so I can only assume later this summer we will see the difference.

• Like 29

এই বিষয়গুলো খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ।

এই ভাবে সেলার দের পাশে থাকার জন্য "আমি ফাইবার কমিউনিটি কে অনেক অনেক ধন্যবাদ জানাই এবং জাহিদুল ইসলাম নীল ভাইয়া আপনাকে অনেক ধন্যবাদ🥰

• Like 19

রিভিউ ফর ক্যানসেলড অর্ডার ফিচার নিয়ে আলোচনা করা খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ বিষয় ছিল 😊| আমি ফাইবার কমিউনিটি এর অ্যাডমিন পেনেল অনেক অনেক ধন্যবাদ জানাই 💝

Edited by rabbi_expert
  • Like 16

এটা অত্যন্ত গুরুত্বপুর্ন একটা বিষয়। আমাদের খুব ভালভাবে যানা দরকার এটার ব্যাপারে। ধন্যবাদ সকল সিনিওর লিডারদের।

• Like 17

On 6/22/2023 at 2:56 PM, newsmike said:

he fact that on Yelp you can leave a review without even having made a purchase in the first place is far worse, yet it seems that businesses survive

The difference being that you don't 'buy from yelp' - it's simply a site for hosting reviews. 

There is nothing to stop a buyer from cancelling an order with you on Fiverr and then going off and creating a review on Google or Trustpilot is there?   They could write a whole blog about their experience if they wanted and put your gig link in it - hell they could even make a video testimonial and post it on YouTube or TikTok - that's up to them and I would support their right to do just that if they feel aggrieved.

Nonetheless - comparing Yelp and other 'review sites' to Fiverr really is apples and oranges....

As for Amazon - if a seller refunds a customer they can comment ONLY on the service.....if they mention the 'product' in their feedback then Amazon will remove it - I would imagine that, if this update had been implemented, the reviews from cancelled buyers would predominantly have been 'The voice over was awful / the Logo looked terrible / The video was useless' - so they would be reviewing the 'product' not the service - WHICH EVEN AMAZON DOES NOT ALLOW. 

• Like 32

28 minutes ago, elitedesignuk said:

As for Amazon - if a seller refunds a customer they can comment ONLY on the service.....if they mention the 'product' in their feedback then Amazon will remove it

That is incorrect.

image.thumb.png.de05eefedcf74c8154cc7b570ec3c628.png

• Like 28
  • Up 2

8 hours ago, newsmike said:

That is incorrect.

image.thumb.png.de05eefedcf74c8154cc7b570ec3c628.png

Two things;

1. That screenshot gives no indication that the order was cancelled and the seller was refunded. (unless I am missing something??)

2. It's not always an 'automatic' removal by Amazon but as a seller - you can request removal of feedback for a review after cancellation where the buyer mentions the product - clearly stated in their 'Feedback Rules'

• Like 30

On 6/21/2023 at 10:02 PM, Shiran.M said:

Dear sellers,

We would like to follow up on the previous post discussing the upcoming change.
First, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and value the insights you have shared with us. Your concerns have been heard, and we want you to know that we are committed to addressing them in a thoughtful manner. As a result, we have decided to take more time to work on improvements before the implementation of the canceled orders reviews option. This will allow us to make the necessary adjustments to align better with your needs.

We understand that sellers can sometimes face challenges during the order process with buyers. Our aim is to create conditions that promote fairness and ensure that your experiences on our platform are positive.

While we continue to work on these improvements, it's important to emphasize that the reliability of our review system is crucial for the overall success of our platform and our sellers. The goal of enabling reviews on canceled orders is to reflect buyers’ experiences more accurately and increase transparency. We aim to ensure that sellers who provide the best service can really stand out and succeed on Fiverr.

We are actively working on additional enhancements before the launch of this option, and will keep you informed in the upcoming weeks with all the necessary details. We appreciate your patience and encourage you to stay tuned for further updates.

Thank you for being an integral part of the Fiverr community.

The Fiverr team

What is the actually change than first review policy? I cant even able to understand what is your point?

• Like 28

2 hours ago, bilalsarfraz48 said:

What is the actually change than first review policy? I cant even able to understand what is your point?

It's in plain English.

Due to people not agreeing with this change, Fiverr is not implementing reviews for canceled orders, at least for a while. They are currently rethinking the strategy.

• Like 27

Phew. That's good. 

I have someone actively trying to cancel an order after the delivery right now and I forgot how powerless you really are in this situation. You just hang in there, between CS and the buyer who demands free stuff or cancelation, and recite your gig terms into the ether with both parties mostly ignoring you. 

Getting a cancelation AND a 1* you can't even respond to after a day of this migraine-inducing experience would be such overkill. 

• Like 30
  • Up 2

On 6/30/2023 at 2:00 PM, bilalsarfraz48 said:

If you haven’t read the original post to which this refers, it might not make all that much sense. The first post in this thread does refer back to that original thread.

• Like 26

My opinion is that if a buyer can leave a review after the cancelation then why shouldn't the seller have this option? So the upcoming sellers also know about the buyers and how many times they canceled the order and the sellers can also be careful of these buyers.

• Like 25

54 minutes ago, rashidnawaz995 said:

My opinion is that if a buyer can leave a review after the cancelation then why shouldn't the seller have this option?

This was canceled or at least it's getting a revamp for now. 

However, even in this iteration, you could answer to a buyer review. 

• Like 25

1 hour ago, rashidnawaz995 said:

My opinion is that if a buyer can leave a review after the cancelation then why shouldn't the seller have this option?

Fiverr doesn't allow Buyers/sellers to leave reviews after cancellations.

Edited by adv_cidra
  • Like 25

1 hour ago, adv_cidra said:

Fiverr doesn't allow Buyers/sellers to leave reviews after cancellations.

Correct. This conversation refers to fiverr’s intention to let buyers review some cancelled orders. The feature has been delayed while fiverr rethinks the feature.

Personally, I have my fingers crossed that this feature will be canned entirely, but we’ll see ,

• Like 26

On 6/21/2023 at 11:02 PM, Shiran.M said:

Dear sellers,

We would like to follow up on the previous post discussing the upcoming change.
First, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and value the insights you have shared with us. Your concerns have been heard, and we want you to know that we are committed to addressing them in a thoughtful manner. As a result, we have decided to take more time to work on improvements before the implementation of the canceled orders reviews option. This will allow us to make the necessary adjustments to align better with your needs.

We understand that sellers can sometimes face challenges during the order process with buyers. Our aim is to create conditions that promote fairness and ensure that your experiences on our platform are positive.

While we continue to work on these improvements, it's important to emphasize that the reliability of our review system is crucial for the overall success of our platform and our sellers. The goal of enabling reviews on canceled orders is to reflect buyers’ experiences more accurately and increase transparency. We aim to ensure that sellers who provide the best service can really stand out and succeed on Fiverr.

We are actively working on additional enhancements before the launch of this option, and will keep you informed in the upcoming weeks with all the necessary details. We appreciate your patience and encourage you to stay tuned for further updates.

Thank you for being an integral part of the Fiverr community.

The Fiverr team

Thank you for the decision. I think you must take time to adjust this feature. If buyer gives us negative review or some bad that we do not expect, then our profile will be in a great stack. So  That is the good decision you took. Thak you agian:)

• Like 24

8 hours ago, mehedipro said:

So  That is the good decision you took.

Don't expect things to change that much. They already said that they want more transparency and canceled gigs need to have a review too. So that won't change most likely, and a lot of sellers won't be happy anyway. Who knows what iteration will we see, but I can only assume it won't be wildly different.

• Like 26
  • Up 1

With over a decade old experience being a seller (wordpress/programming) at Fiverr with a fair share of orders as well I always appreciate the change for the good but unfortunately, there is nothing good about this biased change letting user review after the cancellation as if cancellations are the sole responsibility of the seller.

So far cancellations are always considered as the seller's fault and each cancellation affects their Order completion rate which again affects the quality of the gig traffic they will get and they are forced to keep up.

My concern is why the Buyer gets to review after the cancellation and why not the seller as well. Who will decide if cancellations are the sole responsibility of the seller and not of the ignorant buyers who place the order and then clarify the requirements (this happens a lot in programming gigs where the gig is a service and not a product) because they couldn't spare a min or two to read the gig description or are sometimes clever enough to ignore it intentionally to get more out of the order because they know once the order is placed seller will be compelled to deliver and after this change, they get a free blackmail review if the seller doesn't comply to their unreasonable demands or extra work.

My suggestion is Fiverr shouldn't harass sellers with cancellations or feedback on every cancellation and give them a few cancellations per month (even fair if based on the order completion rate of last month) without a consequence whereas more than a few should be fair to affect the reputation or invite feedback from buyers or be taken under review by Fiverr.

I am a victim of this blackmail for over a decade and Fiverr's policymakers have to think out of the box that not all gigs are under the same category, and not all of them are sold as a product a lot of them are services as well and they should be treated as one.

So, a thumb rule cannot fit for all.

• Like 27