New seller , Gigs performance, Scammers, No clients ?

Hello everyone I just joined Fiverr a week ago....

I created a detailed seller profile and took the Online Freelancing Essentials course from Learn.

I created and optimized 3 Gigs and I think overall my profile looks professional. 

My prices are also on point with the market.

I stay online as much as I can 10+ hrs / day 

So far I only got a total of 415 impressions and 13 clicks on my gigs. 

A few scammers messaged me trying to lure me to do some deal outside Fiverr ( obviously I blocked and reported them ) and for the rest I did not received a single message from a genuine buyer. 

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong ? How much time it takes to receive a first order as a new seller ? 

Im starting to get worried

• Like 8

Hello and welcome to Fiverr!

I would say it is very normal. I joined the platform in 2020 and it took me at least 4 months to get my first order. Don't worry, a genuine buyer will definitely show up. Sadly, scammers are increasing daily, but it seems like you are on point with the TOS and already know how it works.

• Like 10

Just now, donnovan86 said:

It doesn't matter. You can stay 25h a day, staying online does nothing to sales.

Well I assumed it will increase my chances if someone is searching for an online seller thats going to respond instantly to them

• Like 8

On 6/9/2023 at 4:40 AM, nsfwpleasure said:

Well I assumed it will increase my chances if someone is searching for an online seller thats going to respond instantly to them

Think about it. IF and that's a big IF.. someone wants to find an online seller, that person is in a rush. Those are the people that have unreasonable deadlines, high demands and ask for the lowest prices. Ideally you want to stay away from those. 

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, nsfwpleasure said:

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong ? How much time it takes to receive a first order as a new seller ? 

Hey!
So spam is pretty normal; every time I launch a new gig, I get bombarded with it as well (and I'm far from new.)
However, if I were you (I had a look at your gigs), I would read the TOS VERY closely. NSFW content isn't - really - allowed, especially not art (unless it's for artistic reasons, and that's a bit of a thin line sometimes.) While it's definitely a good niche to some extent, it could get you booted off the site if you cross the line (AND it could also get you a good amount of... not-so-fun buyers.) 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

Think about it. IF and that's a big IF.. someone wants to find an online seller, that person is in a rush. Those are the people that have unreasonable deadlines, high demands and ask for the lowest prices. Ideally you want to stay away from those. 

it's totally true, but as a beginner I can make sacrifices by working more than I'm paid and so on until I become an established seller

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Hey!
So spam is pretty normal; every time I launch a new gig, I get bombarded with it as well (and I'm far from new.)
However, if I were you (I had a look at your gigs), I would read the TOS VERY closely. NSFW content isn't - really - allowed, especially not art (unless it's for artistic reasons, and that's a bit of a thin line sometimes.) While it's definitely a good niche to some extent, it could get you booted off the site if you cross the line (AND it could also get you a good amount of... not-so-fun buyers.) 

I will make sure I am not crossing that line and I will also refuse working with those clients, thanks

Edited by nsfwpleasure
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, nsfwpleasure said:

I will make sure I am not crossing that line and I will also refuse working with those clients, thanks

I do think that, at the moment, your gig crosses the line. While it doesn't have any images of that sort, I would really think hard about it since the tag (NSFW) itself, which is also in your name, could also become a trigger (though I'm not 100% sure about that.)

That being said, of course, it's put to you in the end!

Good luck scoring your first sale!

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, nsfwpleasure said:

it's totally true, but as a beginner I can make sacrifices by working more than I'm paid and so on until I become an established seller

Being online all the time will only give you the chance to respond faster and keep a good response rate, but nothing more. I totally understand what you're saying, because when I was new in this field, I also used to think the same way. However, you should NEVER work more than you are paid just to start off, because I can assure you that such behavior will 100% backfire. Buyers will continuously take advantage of you, and at some point, if you decide that you're tired and rightfully need a higher compensation for what you do, they will complain, leave negative feedbacks or even report you for not sticking to the initial agreement. They may also spread the world about "this one seller who has cheap prices and does everything you ask", leading to more and more customers that will pick you specifically to overwork you. Some clients can also be extremely picky and hard to please, they may decide to grab the work and cancel the order to get away with what you did for free and in most cases the CS sides with the buyer without giving you the compensation back (you can keep your earnings if they can determine what you did was in the scope of the original request, but when it happened to me, they had to ask the related department and I was left hanging for days without knowing what to expect). It was even worse in my case because my original currency is €, so I lose even more with the conversion and money transfer.

Be professional, know your value and be strict when it's required (without being aggressive or insulting, of course). It is better to lose an underpaid job rather than your health, and I talk from experience here. Before joining Fiverr, I used to take literally anything I could, where even a $20 project would keep me busy for days and in the end it was far from worth it. Yes, I know it sucks to see a chance fading, but I gained a bunch of good and professional returning customers who respect my work and never complain about my costs. There were a lot of people who completely ignored my gig pricing and description, thinking they could get a $50+ worth project for $20 and I politely rejected them. Fiverr takes a good 20% from each sale you make, which is also to consider when you decide to work for a little compensation just to become an enstablished seller.

Obviously, you are free to do as you prefer, so take this as a suggestion from someone who also started from 0. It might take a bit of time in the beginning, but once you get your first order you can only climb higher from there. Just be careful with the NSFW tag and content, as katakatica said.

Edited by nika_3dartist
  • Like 5
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nika_3dartist said:

you can keep your earnings if they can determine what you did was in the scope of the original request

So, if your delivery was in order with what you offered in the gig, they will reimburse the buyer AND you can keep your earnings? I'm in a similar situation😅 

Edited by francescaabb
  • Like 7

On 6/9/2023 at 9:12 PM, francescaabb said:

So, if your delivery was in order with what you offered in the gig, they will reimburse the buyer AND you can keep your earnings? I'm in a similar situation😅 

Essentially yes. It is still unfair because the buyer can get the work for free in the end, but at least you are not left without compensation. It happened to me when I realized the client was just too problematic, acting passive aggressive, accusing me of being too expensive and comparing me to other cheap sellers in hope to see the price drop. He also broke the TOS many times, wanting me to chat outside Fiverr, stating that he did it with many other sellers and nobody ever told him that it couldn't be done. Since I refused to continue the project, he demanded a cancellation, which I could not give because the order was closed. So he went complaining to the CS and they immediatly cancelled the order, returning the funds to his account. The agent told me that what I did was in the scope of the original request received, and for this reason, I still deserved to be compensated for the work done. They waited for the department to confirm I could receive my money back, and a few days later, they compensated me.

Maybe I was lucky, one thing I noticed is that every agent is different and not all of them are willing to actually side with sellers. You also need to consider that, if your order never got completed and the buyer initiared a cancellation after your delivery, I'm not sure if you can still receive the funds. It's still worth a shot, for sure.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 6/11/2023 at 4:51 PM, nika_3dartist said:

It's still worth a shot, for sure

Ohh thanks. We have a different situation, my buyer demanded a refund to CS then proceeded to publish the book (if this is not theft I don't know what is). I'll wait for CS to answer. )) 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, francescaabb said:

Ohh thanks. We have a different situation, my buyer demanded a refund to CS then proceeded to publish the book (if this is not theft I don't know what is). I'll wait for CS to answer. )) 

Oh yeah, that's messed up. That's your work and you were not paid for it if they demanded a refund. I'm not sure if CS will do anything but there is a chance you may have a legal matter in your hands and will have to tallk to a lawyer directly instead.

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1

6 hours ago, mabelma said:

Oh yeah, that's messed up. That's your work and you were not paid for it if they demanded a refund. I'm not sure if CS will do anything but there is a chance you may have a legal matter in your hands and will have to tallk to a lawyer directly instead.

Update: they compensated me! So they both refunded the buyer and compensate me, apparently.

• Like 4

On 6/13/2023 at 11:40 AM, francescaabb said:

Definitely unaccaptable. If they published it it means they only requested a refund to keep it for free. It's good they compensated you, but I hope the buyer will face some consequences for such behavior.

Edited by nika_3dartist
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...