How to avoid frustration ?

naeem6322

On 2/9/2023 at 2:33 PM, ondariben said:

Personally what I suggest is one should try to use better search  keywords for their niche and update his or her profile/gigs regularly.

Thank you very much for your well-worded advice@ondariben

On 2/9/2023 at 4:07 PM, maheennadeem814 said:

Optimize your gig: Make sure your gig description and portfolio are clear, concise, and professional. Highlight your skills and experiences, and offer a unique selling point to attract potential buyers. Another one is to offer competitive prices: Offering reasonable prices can help you stand out from the crowd and attract more clients.

This is a very useful tip and success can only be achieved by working on it.
Thank you very much@maheennadeem814

• Like 13
  • Congrats! 1

2 hours ago, chris_tech70 said:

@naeem632Here are some tips that can help you avoid frustration:

1. Set realistic expectations: Avoid setting unrealistic goals or expectations for yourself or others, as this can lead to disappointment and frustration.

2. Practice mindfulness: Focus on the present moment and try to let go of negative thoughts and worries about the future or past.

3. Take breaks: Taking breaks and engaging in activities that you enjoy can help you reduce stress and avoid frustration.

4. Exercise: Physical activity can release endorphins, which are natural mood-boosters, and help you manage frustration.

5. Learn to accept what you can't change: It's important to understand that there are some things that you can't change and that it's okay to accept them.

6. Practice effective communication: Good communication can help resolve conflicts and prevent frustration.

7. Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can affect your mood and increase frustration levels.

8. Seek support: Talk to a trusted friend or family member, or consider seeking the help of a professional therapist if you're feeling overwhelmed.

Remember, everyone experiences frustration from time to time, and it's okay to feel that way. The key is to learn how to manage it in a healthy and effective way

First of all, I am very grateful to you for taking your precious time to write such a detailed paragraph to answer my question.
You have shared so many amazing tips that seem to cost very little but are actually very high quality.
Thank you very much and I will focus on all these tips @chris_tech70

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 2

2 hours ago, naeem6322 said:

First of all, I am very grateful to you for taking your precious time to write such a detailed paragraph to answer my question.
You have shared so many amazing tips that seem to cost very little but are actually very high quality.

They haven't spent any time writing. Those "amazing tips" are copy/pasted chatbot replies.

• Like 8
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 5

On 2/9/2023 at 8:20 AM, naeem6322 said:

If you are not getting orders, what should be done so that you don't get frustrated with your current career?

Hi @naeem6322 - your question really covers two major concerns facing any freelancer:

1. No orders = no income

If you only focus on avoiding frustration, you aren't addressing the main problem, which is zero income. No matter how mindful you are (by following all 8 tips from that chatbot reply), that won't solve the underlying problem of not having money. This is a real problem, especially if you are supporting a family.

So don't forget that while you are building a business, you also need to attend to the immediate needs of yourself and your family. It is okay to admit when you don't have enough income sources from your current business to get a more secure source of income, such as a job or multiple jobs. In fact, you should be exploring multiple sources of income so that you can still survive and cover your basic needs when times are slow in your Fiverr business. Business is dynamic and unfortunately, orders don't just grow exponentially - they ebb and flow with the demand for your services.

Frustration often happens when you think that the path you're pursuing is the only way and the only answer (and you aren't addressing the real issue, which is to make money). The reality is, there are multiple ways to earn money without orders, and you shouldn't limit yourself just to freelancing or relying solely on orders. If you have zero orders and zero income, do what you can to get employment, side jobs, and extra cash. This will alleviate much of the frustrations that you have.

2. Avoiding frustration

If you are comfortable financially, but are trying to grow your freelancing business (and feel frustrated that it isn't growing as fast as you'd like it), just know that you aren't alone - running a business is hard.

Business-related frustrations are a little different than other frustrations that you might experience in your life. This is because business requires results, and if you aren't getting results, you're doing something wrong. In this sense, frustration is good, because it can motivate you to take the action you need to get your business in order. The only frustration that is bad is the frustration that leads to inaction.

As a business owner, you have to be a problem solver. You aren't in business if you aren't making money, and if you aren't earning money, you're doing something wrong. The tricky part is finding out what you need to do, and then taking actions that will give you your desired results. Often this is done by trial and error to see what will work and what won't. Sometimes it requires that you change yourself, which isn't an easy thing to do. Solving problems is something you have to get good at because you'll be faced with problems every day as a business owner and you are the only one that can grow your business. No one can do it for you. 

This is often a lonely path and it can be very frustrating. I found out early on that I'm the limiting factor in my business, so I do get discourage with myself a lot. I find comfort in engaging with others on the forum, growing my knowledge and skills, and looking for ways to improve myself and my business. When I focus on what I can do, rather than what I can't, I feel most of my frustrations go away.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 12
  • Up 2

15 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Frustration often happens when you think that the path you're pursuing is the only way and the only answer (and you aren't addressing the real issue, which is to make money). The reality is, there are multiple ways to earn money without orders, and you shouldn't limit yourself just to freelancing or relying solely on orders. If you have zero orders and zero income, do what you can to get employment, side jobs, and extra cash. This will alleviate much of the frustrations that you have.

@vickieitosaid a lot and that should be helpful.  I would add that the point she makes about thinking something might be the only way can be an issue.  You need to have a plan for a no income or less than required income.  And, multiple streams or some sort of inbound traffic strategy is key.  It is a LOT of work. 

Another suggestion I can make if you have not done this is to look up youtube videos, or blogs on the subject of Fiverr, digital marketing or more specifically whatever product/service you are offering. Whatever you do, do not sit back waiting for things to happen.  

• Like 7
  • Up 4

10 hours ago, minordetails said:

Another suggestion I can make if you have not done this is to look up youtube videos, or blogs on the subject of Fiverr, digital marketing or more specifically whatever product/service you are offering.

A lot of useful stuff can be found that way, but unfortunately, way too many of those YouTube videos and blogs are nothing but "get rich quick" schemes that give lousy advice and/or encourage sellers to violate Fiverr's Term of Service.

• Like 5
  • Up 2

12 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

They haven't spent any time writing. Those "amazing tips" are copy/pasted chatbot replies.

@imagination7413In fact, even if that's the case, I'm grateful that the advice showed some direction
In my opinion, once one of the reasons why you step up is identified, the rest of the journey becomes easier
thank you very much

• Like 5

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @naeem6322 - your question really covers two major concerns facing any freelancer:

1. No orders = no income

If you only focus on avoiding frustration, you aren't addressing the main problem, which is zero income. No matter how mindful you are (by following all 8 tips from that chatbot reply), that won't solve the underlying problem of not having money. This is a real problem, especially if you are supporting a family.

So don't forget that while you are building a business, you also need to attend to the immediate needs of yourself and your family. It is okay to admit when you don't have enough income sources from your current business to get a more secure source of income, such as a job or multiple jobs. In fact, you should be exploring multiple sources of income so that you can still survive and cover your basic needs when times are slow in your Fiverr business. Business is dynamic and unfortunately, orders don't just grow exponentially - they ebb and flow with the demand for your services.

2. Avoiding frustration

If you are comfortable financially, but are trying to grow your freelancing business (and feel frustrated that it isn't growing as fast as you'd like it), just know that you aren't alone - running a business is hard.

Business-related frustrations are a little different than other frustrations that you might experience in your life. This is because business requires results, and if you aren't getting results, you're doing something wrong. In this sense, frustration is good, because it can motivate you to take the action you need to get your business in order. The only frustration that is bad is the frustration that leads to inaction.

As a business owner, you have to be a problem solver. You aren't in business if you aren't making money, and if you aren't earning money, you're doing something wrong. The tricky part is finding out what you need to do, and then taking actions that will give you your desired results. Often this is done by trial and error to see what will work and what won't. Sometimes it requires that you change yourself, which isn't an easy thing to do. Solving problems is something you have to get good at because you'll be faced with problems every day as a business owner and you are the only one that can grow your business. No one can do it for you. 

This is often a lonely path and it can be very frustrating. I found out early on that I'm the limiting factor in my business, so I do get discourage with myself a lot. I find comfort in engaging with others on the forum, growing my knowledge and skills, and looking for ways to improve myself and my business. When I focus on what I can do, rather than what I can't, I feel most of my frustrations go away.

@vickieito First of all, thank you very much for your detailed and in-depth reply to my question from different angles.
Actually these points can be defined only by a person who has gone through all these problems himself and the way you have guided is golden words for me but for all people who are going through such a condition.
Much appreciated and grateful

• Like 5

10 hours ago, minordetails said:

@vickieitosaid a lot and that should be helpful.  I would add that the point she makes about thinking something might be the only way can be an issue.  You need to have a plan for a no income or less than required income.  And, multiple streams or some sort of inbound traffic strategy is key.  It is a LOT of work. 

Another suggestion I can make if you have not done this is to look up youtube videos, or blogs on the subject of Fiverr, digital marketing or more specifically whatever product/service you are offering. Whatever you do, do not sit back waiting for things to happen.  

@minordetails Great people always talk about great quality and you shared a great and excellent one.
Thank you very much

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, catwriter said:

A lot of useful stuff can be found that way, but unfortunately, way too many of those YouTube videos and blogs are nothing but "get rich quick" schemes that give lousy advice and/or encourage sellers to violate Fiverr's Term of Service.

@catwriter I think you have brought attention to one thing which is the most important, because in reality most people choose unofficial ways and deprive themselves of those official sources as well.
Thanks for the great advice

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, naeem6322 said:

In fact, even if that's the case, I'm grateful that the advice showed some direction

Be careful when it comes to AI-generated advice, though. Sellers who post it on the forum typically have no idea what they wrote and whether any of it's true.

• Like 4
  • Up 3

@catwriter noted and thankyou so much

36 minutes ago, catwriter said:

@catwriter I think you have brought attention to one thing which is the most important, because in reality most people choose unofficial ways and deprive themselves of those official sources as well.
Thanks for the great advice

• Like 4