Why am I called a 'New Seller' after being active on Fiverr for 4 years with 200+ reviews?

samcaff

Recently, I haven't been as active on Fiverr as I once was. I have received less orders and not getting much new work in so my seller level has dropped from level 2 to 'New Seller'. 
'New Seller' status does not represent me at all. How can you call someone a 'New Seller' when I have clearly been on the platform for 4 years and been at level 2 for many years. 
This makes no sense. 

I would like Fiverr to consider using another term for sellers like me that are clearly not 'New Sellers' 

Anyone else with me? 

• Like 4

Recently, I haven't been as active on Fiverr as I once was. I have received less orders and not getting much new work in so my seller level has dropped from level 2 to 'New Seller'. 
'New Seller' status does not represent me at all. How can you call someone a 'New Seller' when I have clearly been on the platform for 4 years and been at level 2 for many years. 
This makes no sense. 

I would like Fiverr to consider using another term for sellers like me that are clearly not 'New Sellers' 

Let's get this changed!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, samcaff said:

This makes no sense. 

Anyone else with me? 

Would you prefer "Low quality seller"?  Since one has to deliver late, get bad reviews, cancel too many orders or not respond to buyers in a timely manner to get demoted, it seems they are being kind with that euphemism. Slowing sales reduces your visibility, but it does not get you demoted. You have to earn that.   

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

I have only had a few orders in the past 90 days and 1 was unfortunately an hour late, so my on time delivery score dropped a lot. No, I wouldn't like to be called "low quality seller" but I am clearly not a "New Seller" am I ?

I just think the term "New Seller" needs to be changed that's all.

Edited by samcaff
  • Like 3

Some more context. I have only had a few orders in the past 90 days and 1 was unfortunately an hour late, so my on time delivery score dropped a lot. No, I wouldn't like to be called "low quality seller" but I am clearly not a "New Seller" am I ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, samcaff said:

I understand your frustration, but there is a framework to work within here Fiverr, and everyone knows the rules. You were late for that order, and you are now suffering the consequences for it.

Sometimes, we find ourselves in situations where we have little control over a situation; and it is not uncommon to be late. Give it 30-60 days for your completion rate to recover and get back on track, you should be okay.

As a new seller with 242 5-star reviews, you shouldn't have to worry about competing with other genuine new sellers.

• Like 5

One place where it does show the level to buyers is the level selection option under "seller details". It would be better if it was described more accurately. Maybe it could say "level 0" or "unlevelled" instead of "new seller".

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, samcaff said:

Suggest it in the "Site Suggestions" forum section, or to support, they'll "pass it on to the relevant team".

• Like 2
  • Up 3

16 hours ago, uk1000 said:

One place where it does show the level to buyers is the level selection option under "seller details". It would be better if it was described more accurately. Maybe it could say "level 0" or "unlevelled" instead of "new seller".

Yes something like this. The actual definition of the term 'New' - having recently come into existence. 'produced, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time; not existing before.' 

• Like 3

On 12/20/2022 at 8:43 AM, newsmike said:

Would you prefer "Low quality seller"?  Since one has to deliver late, get bad reviews, cancel too many orders or not respond to buyers in a timely manner to get demoted, it seems they are being kind with that euphemism. Slowing sales reduces your visibility, but it does not get you demoted. You have to earn that.   

You have missed the point here. The definition of 'New'  having recently come into existence. 'produced, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time; not existing before.' 

The word 'New' needs to be changed as it is factually incorrect 

• Like 3