Strange contact messages on Telegram, is this normal?

alienone12

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, evagarciatrepat said:

Hola soy nuevo en fiverr, hay una empresa que se ha comunicado conmigo por e-mail y otra por telegram, he empezado a verlo raro cuando me piden dinero para el seguro antes de empezar. ¿Eso es normal? gracias saludos

Hola, Eva. Cualquiera que te pida dinero o intente que te unas a otra plataforma, ciertamente está tratando de estafarte. También debes saber que el idioma oficial del foro es el inglés. Puedes usar un traductor en línea (Google Translate) si lo necesitas. 🙂

(Translation: Anybody who asks you to give them money or join another platform is usually trying to scam you. Also, the official language of the forum is English. Google Translate is there if needed.)

Edited by ahmwritingco
  • Up 2

Yeah, registered with fiver to offer a gig. in 30 minutes I got EIGHT "contact me on telegram" emails.

I´m starting to think that Fiverr is now only being used by those guys. 

Lets see how many DOZENS telegram requests will be in my inbox when I wake up tomorrow....

• 2 weeks later...

I need some info... I'm getting a lot of messages saying they need a freelancer for various translating jobs but they want me to contact them on Telegram? Beside that I can't write them back because the users don't exist anymore. This is so shady to me but I'm confused wondering if anybody knows what's the catch?

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, wandagiacomuzzi said:

I need some info... I'm getting a lot of messages saying they need a freelancer for various translating jobs but they want me to contact them on Telegram? Beside that I can't write them back because the users don't exist anymore. This is so shady to me but I'm confused wondering if anybody knows what's the catch?

Never take communications and messages out of Fiverr. It's against Fiverr's ToS and probably a scam too.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, wandagiacomuzzi said:

because they are scammers. don't reply to them

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:25 AM, grayprogrammerz said:

Telegram is part of darkweb. Its scam. Bet me, he will block you as soon you say: "Sorry I can't talk outside of fiverr".

I am new on Fiverr. I got a scam message inviting me to Telegram.
Little did I suspect it was a scam when I replied to them on Fiverr.
I was just about to text them on Telegram when I stopped, thought and checked the internet.
Phew, it was close call.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

they contacted me as well. I texted with them on Telegram and they offered 1200 $ per 30 pages (or smth like that), BUT first you'd have to buy their "special card". Though they have their website, the texts on it are in really bad English which is also a bad sign. So better stay away from those notifications! 

Edited by marialand
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

That's all truth. I join Fiverr yesterday and in 24 hours I receive 10 different messages in my box to go to telegram to better chat and go through the informations job.  I've almost fell in one believing that is like that. Happy to have a freelance job, but then they start to ask for security fee payment to do the job. The I founded the page here and inside of the company they claim to be, another page saying do not believe in negotiations from people using email without the official end like @icreon.com.

So I stepped back and from on only using Fiverr and do the negotiations through the platform.

By the way they come with different names inside of Fiverr some name followed by numbers and Telegram different names, but to me some of them belong to the same "fake" company call ICREON. Don't trust them.

Hope my experience can help others too.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lena locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Hi All, 

I am getting quite a few messages from buyers wanting me to transition over to telegram or some other media, promising good money for work related to my gigs, but giving little specific detail.  I respond, professionally, within Fiverr and they ghost me.  I strongly suspect these are spam, bots or fraudsters so don't pursue them.  The first one I did pursue outside Fiverr (rookie error) and they wanted me to log in to a website with my email and email password which would then 'host' my email for me.  Obvs I didn't do that. Another wanted to pay in crypto.  

How do I report suspect bot buyer accounts? How does everyone else manage these? Is everyone else plagued by these?  I think it is hurting my response time and need to report them. 

Thanks

Jo

• Like 9

Hi Jo,

Anyone who asks you to go off the platform are probably scammers who want to evade the escrow system where Fiverr handles the transaction for you. 

If the buyer can pay outside the platform then can do the same within the platform so no good reason to go off platform risking violating rules and also getting scammed all together. 

You can reply to these messages with denial and add them to spam or block.

• Like 6