Tips Category Cleanup

frank_d

This is fair warning to everyone:

I am considering outright deleting ALL nonsensical advice threads, like this one, and I will actively moderate this category to make sure more experienced sellers can share some actual advice for a change.

This is not me playing sheriff, this is me feeling discouraged with what I read on here daily.

This category should start helping people instead of having all these top 10 posts from people who are essentially patting themselves on the back over nothing.

Expect a formal announcement soon once I have a discussion with the admin team.

1 hour ago, frank_d said:

I am considering outright deleting ALL nonsensical advice threads, like this one, and I will actively moderate this category to make sure more experienced sellers can share some actual advice for a change.

At the risk of drawing your ire for continuing to post in this thread, thank you, with about 10 exclamation points.  This is the best news I've heard all day. 

3 hours ago, frank_d said:

am considering outright deleting ALL nonsensical advice threads, like this one,

I reported it earlier in the day for being copied from Fiverr's main site. Plus, I called the OP out on breaking the Fiverr Forum rules. Yet, my post was deleted and his was not. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@vickiespencer I gave that user a warning, a point penalty and that specific topic was moved to a special place where it can be reviewed by admins if needed. Your post wasn’t deleted, the entire thread was moved.

@catwriter I have realized that nothing will change if I don’t act. I just need to pick my fights. So for this particular cause, consider me out of retirement. 🙂

@cs_evans This is going to take a while so be patient. I may also need some help. 

9 hours ago, frank_d said:

. I just need to pick my fights

Will join the fight, I don't want to discourage users to engage on Forum. But if any user wants to post on Tips for Sellers category, they have to come up something creative & helpful. From last 2/3 weeks , I have been deleting "Thank you" type replies (that contains just only thank you etc.). For now not adding any penalty to those user just deleting the replies. Also will work on Tips for Sellers category cleaning. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 4:30 PM, frank_d said:

This is not me playing sheriff, this is me feeling discouraged with what I read on here daily.

This category should start helping people instead of having all these top 10 posts from people who are essentially patting themselves on the back over nothing.

Expect a formal announcement soon once I have a discussion with the admin team.

On 1/16/2022 at 3:21 AM, frank_d said:

This is going to take a while so be patient. I may also need some help. 

Just in case this piece of support has not already been put on the table in support of your stance:

image.png.5d1cdd1c41421b856b42f283e4e93988.png

It's already in the rules. (The old rules, yes, but it is there.) 

Archived