Books graphic designers should read

Book compilation 
or why it's important for a designer to read about behavioral psychology and communication

A significant part of a designer's work is tied to daily communication. We need to present our ideas, defend decisions not only to fellow designers but also to stakeholders.

It's crucial to choose arguments wisely, listen attentively, and be adept in negotiations to identify a winning position, understanding when to concede or, conversely, take a firm stance.

Therefore, I want to share books on psychology that helped me understand certain individuals or change my behavior and relationships within a team:

1. Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
2. The Power of Emotions by David DeSteno
3. Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
4. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
5. The Inner Game of Work by Timothy Gallwey
6. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
7. You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
8. You Are a Badass Every Day by Jen Sincero
9. Influence: How to Win Friends and Influence People by Robert Cialdini
10. The ONE Thing by Gary Keller

The list turned out to be quite extensive, but with the upcoming holidays, it's the perfect time to choose a 📚.

• Like 17

Once again about books I have already written about my approach to choosing and reading books. So today I want to share graphic design books that give me visual endorphins (so to speak). Last year I came across these books in a bookstore in Amsterdam and spent 40 minutes studying the visual design, typography and content of the books. But I decided to postpone the purchase, but in vain. So now I'm looking for them in Europe and on Amazon. And I recommend that, if possible, you at least look through these books and absorb visual techniques for inspiration and work💔

photo_5249251013209217228_y.jpg

photo_5249251013209217229_y.jpg

• Like 9