Take the chat outside??? Will i be banned?

Fiverr's chat is disastrously bad and both me and the sellers have difficulties to tracks all messages, especially when they popup with delays a few rows above... And no reply, or edit or delete function... Will i be banned if i take the shat outside Fiverr? I still do the order transaction within Fiverr.

• Like 16
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, peterpan348 said:

Will i be banned if i take the shat outside Fiverr? I still do the order transaction within Fiverr.

It's against Fiverr TOS! All communication and payment must be done via Fiverr. The seller will get a warning if he/she communicate with you outside of Fiverr ( Ex: Whatsapp, Telegram, Email etc ). 

• Like 18

18 minutes ago, peterpan348 said:

Will i be banned if i take the shat outside Fiverr? I still do the order transaction within Fiverr.

• To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.
  • Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the Order Page.
  • The above is from the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page under Violations.
  • Like 24

Haha, why aren't they giving us correctly working tools then? I'm new here, and Fiverr feels like it is developed by a bunch of kids... Nothing have been thought trough especially well. Lets them ban me then, as i cant use this crappy chat for professional work.

Anyway, thanks guy for your help. 

• Like 13

21 hours ago, peterpan348 said:

i cant use this crappy chat for professional work.

Well, that's unfortuante, because tens of thousands of people DO use the Fiverr chat to communicate effectively "for professional work". 😉 

• Like 15
  • Up 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 11:20 AM, jonbaas said:

Well, that's unfortuante, because tens of thousands of people DO use the Fiverr chat to communicate effectively "for professional work". 😉 

Because they are forced to it, or they actually using other means of communication too. But for you it seem to be effectively enough, great, that is good, but it does not work for me and my freelancers. We all have different sophistication needs.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, peterpan348 said:

Because they are forced to it, or they actually using other means of communication too. But for you it seem to be effectively enough, great, that is good, but it does not work for me and my freelancers. We all have different sophistication needs.

What exactly is that bad about the chat system? It does its purpose for me, I've been using it since 2014 when I joined and I have no complaints. You can share a variety of files, you can format your writing so it's not a huge block of text.. It even updates live with the new messages, so you don't have to refresh. What more do you want from a chat system? 

Regarding sophistication needs. This is a freelancing chat system, not an app specifically made for that, like Microsoft Teams or anything like that. Calling it crappy just because it's not what you want.. that doesn't mean others think the same. As you saw, there are plenty of people using it successfully, me included.

• Like 8
  • Up 3

10 hours ago, peterpan348 said:

Have you tried using the video call function instead, perhaps you may find it more useful..

• Like 10
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, peterpan348 said:

it does not work for me and my freelancers. We all have different sophistication needs.

What freelancers are you referring to? Your account was created in 2017 -- five years ago -- and you have not completed any seller orders on Fiverr.

On 7/25/2022 at 2:07 AM, peterpan348 said:

I'm new here, and Fiverr feels like it is developed by a bunch of kids...

No, you are not new to Fiverr. Your account was created over five years ago (March 2017). And you have "as a buyer" reviews going back at least a year. That is not new. Please do not misrepresent the truth.

• Like 10

Today i lost a full workday due to this shitty chat.. As messages are delayed and much later pops up the middle of the old chat history, they get missed by both me and the freelancer. This chat is disastrously bad, yes REALLY BAD.. I no longer care if they ban me if they don't want my money, then i just stopp using this crap as UW and FL have served us well for years. And add to this as i get tenth of robot verifications, lookouts, hold button, and verification codes every day.... How can anyone work with this???

Edited by peterpan348
  • Like 9

14 hours ago, jonbaas said:

What freelancers are you referring to? Your account was created in 2017 -- five years ago -- and you have not completed any seller orders on Fiverr.

No, you are not new to Fiverr. Your account was created over five years ago (March 2017). And you have "as a buyer" reviews going back at least a year. That is not new. Please do not misrepresent the truth.

What is you point? Yes, the account was setup a while ago. And i tested it out back then as a buyer. But I have just recently start using it "fully" now, for our project, so for sure i'm new here. "My freelancers/sellers" are those i hired. Again, what is you point, as your posts here are of no help? 

Edited by peterpan348
  • Like 8

On 8/13/2022 at 1:09 PM, donnovan86 said:

What exactly is that bad about the chat system? It does its purpose for me, I've been using it since 2014 when I joined and I have no complaints. You can share a variety of files, you can format your writing so it's not a huge block of text.. It even updates live with the new messages, so you don't have to refresh. What more do you want from a chat system? 

Regarding sophistication needs. This is a freelancing chat system, not an app specifically made for that, like Microsoft Teams or anything like that. Calling it crappy just because it's not what you want.. that doesn't mean others think the same. As you saw, there are plenty of people using it successfully, me included.

1, Delayed messages popping up long later in the chat history. Cases a lot of confusion, and misunderstandings.
2, No quote reply function, we chat about multiple topics, and a lot of misunderstanding occurs when one don't know what the reply is about. We end up copy and paste old massages. Very time consuming and it add another level of possible errors to the issue.
3, No edit function. One write multiple instructions with added pictures, and if one write/paste wrong message or picture, the whole situation gets complicated and is a source for further misunderstandings. And edit would easily solve this.
4, Posted files show for a while as sent and then disappears. Happens again and again and again...

So, I'm asking for nothing more than BASIC chat functionality.

Edited by peterpan348
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, peterpan348 said:

So, I'm asking for nothing more than BASIC chat functionality.

I think the posted files disappearing has to do with something else. I can easily download files from 4-5 years ago in the chat.. So It might have to do with the nature of the file and its size.

15 minutes ago, peterpan348 said:

No edit function. One write multiple instructions with added pictures, and if one write/paste wrong message or picture, the whole situation gets complicated and is a source for further misunderstandings. And edit would easily solve this.

Editing would also allow people to modify the chat in case they have any issues with customer support. Needless to say, this can lead to a lot of manipulation on both sides. I am glad editing does not exist. You can always send another message and solve the issue, as I said editing is definitely open to manipulation and it's better to not have that. That's how I feel anyway.

16 minutes ago, peterpan348 said:

2, No quote reply function, we chat about multiple topics, and a lot of misunderstanding occurs when one don't know what the reply is about. We end up copy and paste old massages. Very time consuming and it add another level of possible errors to the issue.

Quoting is more suitable for a forum. Since it's a discussion between 2 individuals, all the information is there, and you can easily revert to the info above.. Or, the better option, chat about one topic at a time to avoid confusion, since talking about lots of stuff at once definitely becomes confusing.

17 minutes ago, peterpan348 said:

1, Delayed messages popping up long later in the chat history. Cases a lot of confusion, and misunderstandings.

You just have to refresh, in case they don't appear right away. I never had this issue. 

Anyway, everyone's experience with the chat system is different. Clearly you don't need just basic functionality, you are discussing about a lot of things at once, share multiple files and expect to edit. As I said, from a platform's perspective, the idea of having any sort of editing function would become a nightmare for sellers or buyers, not to mention customer support. I guess they could have editing history, but even then it's more, unnecessary work. It's better off to just send another message. I replied quickly through mobile and sometimes autocorrect got in the way, sending another message solved it. So.. I don't see these as problems. 

Fiverr does allow customers to use Zoom in order to talk with each other for more complex stuff, I don't see why adding even more features to the chat would help. If anything, there are lots of people already finding it too complicated and hard to use. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I think the posted files disappearing has to do with something else. I can easily download files from 4-5 years ago in the chat.. So It might have to do with the nature of the file and its size.

Editing would also allow people to modify the chat in case they have any issues with customer support. Needless to say, this can lead to a lot of manipulation on both sides. I am glad editing does not exist. You can always send another message and solve the issue, as I said editing is definitely open to manipulation and it's better to not have that. That's how I feel anyway.

Quoting is more suitable for a forum. Since it's a discussion between 2 individuals, all the information is there, and you can easily revert to the info above.. Or, the better option, chat about one topic at a time to avoid confusion, since talking about lots of stuff at once definitely becomes confusing.

You just have to refresh, in case they don't appear right away. I never had this issue. 

Anyway, everyone's experience with the chat system is different. Clearly you don't need just basic functionality, you are discussing about a lot of things at once, share multiple files and expect to edit. As I said, from a platform's perspective, the idea of having any sort of editing function would become a nightmare for sellers or buyers, not to mention customer support. I guess they could have editing history, but even then it's more, unnecessary work. It's better off to just send another message. I replied quickly through mobile and sometimes autocorrect got in the way, sending another message solved it. So.. I don't see these as problems. 

Fiverr does allow customers to use Zoom in order to talk with each other for more complex stuff, I don't see why adding even more features to the chat would help. If anything, there are lots of people already finding it too complicated and hard to use. 

1, Delayed messages  - Need to press F5 all the time then? Is that normal you do you think?
2, No quote reply function - Bullseye, the chat should work similarly as forum, as buyers and seller are in different time zones, so tenth of messages can be on display before the other part can see it.
3, No edit function - Manipulating information is not a problem if, as many other similar platforms, limits the editing to 10-20 minutes after it was first written. 
4, Posted files show for a while as sent and then disappears. - It happens for pictures, PDFs, word docs and excels...

Judging from the amount of posts you and Jonbass have here, it is near to think that you are employed by Fiverr, or have a thing for collection likes at discussion forums, instead of being real everyday users of Fiverr... 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, peterpan348 said:

1, Delayed messages  - Need to press F5 all the time then? Is that normal you do you think?
2, No quote reply function - Bullseye, the chat should work similarly as forum, as buyers and seller are in different time zones, so tenth of messages can be on display before the other part can see it.
3, No edit function - Manipulating information is not a problem if, as many other similar platforms, limits the editing to 10-20 minutes after it was first written. 
4, Posted files show for a while as sent and then disappears. - It happens for pictures, PDFs, word docs and excels...

Judging from the amount of posts you and Jonbass have here, it is near to think that you are employed by Fiverr, or have a thing for collection likes at discussion forums, instead of being real everyday users of Fiverr... 

1. No, just from time to time. I guess you have very long discussions, I barely refresh, I always have all the info there.

2. Quoting is needed on a forum because there are multiple people talking. Why would you need quoting in a conversation between 2 people....??? You can easily remind the person about that through a new message. 

3. Manipulating is a problem. That's why Fiverr charges the 20% fee on tips too, because people would easily place orders through tips just to save money if there was no fees. Limiting, keeping edits history, all of these would require resources that would honestly be used somewhere else. 

4. I think there's an issue on your side. I never had this problem. 

I post here because I want to help people. I don't care about likes or anything. Just because someone has a different opinion that doesn't mean they "work for Fiverr". I've been here since January 2014, so I know the platform very well. And if I didn't encounter these issues, I am sure other's didn't. I won't say that they do not exist, I can see the files disappearing being a problem, but I never had it. 

As for the edits, I know very well how people manipulated the system over the years. Some sellers were canceling orders mutually to avoid getting a penalty and a bad review. The same with an eventual lack of fees on tips, I know buyers that are manipulating sellers to overdeliver or perform double the work for the same amount.. So if Fiverr allows a way for people to manipulate the system, they will.

instead of being real everyday users of Fiverr...  - then what am I? 🙂

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I post here because I want to help people. I don't care about likes or anything. Just because someone has a different opinion that doesn't mean they "work for Fiverr". I've been here since January 2014, so I know the platform very well. And if I didn't encounter these issues, I am sure other's didn't. I won't say that they do not exist, I can see the files disappearing being a problem, but I never had it.

This. Very much this. 

• Like 9

On 8/14/2022 at 5:41 PM, donnovan86 said:

1. No, just from time to time. I guess you have very long discussions, I barely refresh, I always have all the info there.

2. Quoting is needed on a forum because there are multiple people talking. Why would you need quoting in a conversation between 2 people....??? You can easily remind the person about that through a new message. 

1, Yea press F5 a few times between each message solve the problems and at least one will not miss any massages. But it is a workaround for a crappy functionality. Even the freelancers i work with, say the same, that messages are delayed and easily missed. At least F5 will works for now. Good work Fiverr, not.
2, Yea, sure everything will work with workarounds, even though it is more troublesome and totally unnecessary. Good work Fiverr, not.
3, Should be easy to solve with logging the editing and deleting. But why bother? 
4, Still happens, even F5 won't solve it. Sometimes they pop up later in the chat history, sometimes 2-3 of the same file.

So many thing that does not work properly, I currently have 3 freelancers on the chat, and suddenly i'm blocked out with this "Party" message below. Happens a few times per day sometimes... Another reason to use an external chat app... So now we are 4 people just wasting time waiting for the blockade to be lifted. Good work Fiverr, not.

Where's the party?

There's a lot of activity from your IP address.

We've restricted access while we take a look.

Edited by peterpan348
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, peterpan348 said:

So now we are 4 people just wasting time waiting for the blockade to be lifted. Good work Fiverr, not.

I assume you have too many Fiverr windows open, many websites do this, not only Fiverr. You can go ahead and clear the cache for your browser, login back to Fiverr and the issue should be solved. It happens to me sometimes as well, when I have tons of Fiverr windows with open orders. As I said, the experience differs for everyone. I am not a buyer, so I can't speak for the buyer experience, but the seller experience is fine for me. I am not dealing with any delay in messages as far as I can see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1