Is April a quieter time of year due to US tax deadlines?

williambryan392

Sales levels are different for everyone. It depends upon your markets, your customers, and how much interest they have in your services, at any given time. I, personally, haven't heard anything from my clients indicating that they aren't hiring due to "tax season".

6 minutes ago, jonbaas said:

Sales levels are different for everyone. It depends upon your markets, your customers, and how much interest they have in your services, at any given time. I, personally, haven't heard anything from my clients indicating that they aren't hiring due to "tax season".

Completely right, these are all factors that constantly have an impact. My corporate clients not fiverr fix budgets at this time of year and some tend to take a pause on hiring / spending whilst they do that. This is my first proper April on fiverr so was just curious if it was also the case here.

Passover, too, and spring, along with national holidays, and even longer school holidays in some places. Also, many people can finally travel again, after having been told to stay at home, or rather stayed at home in any case, around this time the last couple years.

I'm lazing around on a free bench with an incredible view on a blooming cherry and a magnolia tree in a pretty lonely park right now. Most probably, a good part of the people who'd be here else, have ventured further than just the neighborhood, due to Easter.

Enjoy your free time, or maybe think about a cool new Gig!

It's hard to get them both in one photo, and my phone cam doesn't deal well with distance (magnolia on the left, sakura on the right, in case it's not clear :D), but there you go. So lovely, but I'm sure you know the experience, @zeus777-chan from the Land of Hanami. I hope you don't mind a tree photo in your tax deadline theory thread, William, but maybe we can focus on the "April" bit in the title and see it as an "April, a quieter time" thread... 😅

754303914_prettytrees.thumb.jpg.5fae256e8f303bd32a0de37685e4dda0.jpg

3 hours ago, miiila said:

the Land of Hanami.

Well then, I'll need to post a photo of the park I went to a few weeks ago too!
The photo is not doing it justice though, I hope you get the chance to visit Japan someday 🙂
(sorry OP, I'm not trying to hijack your thread...)

hanami.jpg

1 hour ago, williambryan392 said:

Go for it!

Awe, thank you!
May I present the special spring edition from Tokyo Starbucks, the sakura doughnut then? 😆🌸🍩
(BTW we finish our taxes in March in Japan, I'm so glad I got it out of my way!)

hanami.jpg

2 hours ago, zeus777 said:

I hope you get the chance to visit Japan someday 🙂

Thankfully, I've had that chance and experience already, but I hope I'll return someday ... and in spring (although my master plan is to stay through all four seasons), so I can get all the sakura-themed food and drinks I can find 😉

1 hour ago, gongor32 said:

I thought it was because I have updated my gig recently.

It's definitely tough to pin down the reason things have been slow recently. I completely updated my Business Profile, and right after that, things slowed down for me. 

32 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

It's definitely tough to pin down the reason things have been slow recently. I completely updated my Business Profile, and right after that, things slowed down for me. 

Same for me. Since I have already started to update it, decided to change few things in my gig. 🤷‍♂️ Now it's slowest month since I have started by far.

4 minutes ago, gongor32 said:

Since I have already started to update it, decided to change few things in my gig. 🤷‍♂️ Now it's slowest month since I have started by far.

Interesting that you had the same experience. I don't actually believe there's a cause and effect about the business profiles. From all I'm reading, it's just slow for a number of people.

But - with what Frank has been saying, when the business profiles fully roll out, things should shift and get busier! At least that's what I'm hoping for!

So anyone been slow this month. Are you guys using promoted gig feature? 

Have you tried "promote with no cap"? I have been placing amount just under recommended cap without success. Recommended cap was around 1$ per click which is too much. 🤪

Archived