Sales 'down' season.

rabihumakhan

Hello, 

I'm a level one (soon to be level two) seller and there was a time during November-December when I would get one to two gigs each day. However, I dunno what has happened in the last week of December that I now rarely get even messages from buyers! 

The months of January and February so far have been nightmares for me to be honest. 

I know and have read previous posts about such topics but I would like a dedicated reply as to what should I do now to get back on track. 

The worst thing just happened that's I had regularly been asked by fiverr to promote my gig but when I activated the feature, they told me after two days my gig can't be promoted anymore. 

Absolutely discombobulated, disheartened, and down right now. 

31 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Because I know you have been around the forums for a bit, I'm surprised you haven't fixed your gig images. Fiverr recommends Landscape orientation. 

Well, you're right. I have been getting regular work and thought it may throw my gigs down the aisle if I change anything in them. I will change them now. 

4 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

Hello, 

I'm a level one (soon to be level two) seller and there was a time during November-December when I would get one to two gigs each day. However, I dunno what has happened in the last week of December that I now rarely get even messages from buyers! 

The months of January and February so far have been nightmares for me to be honest. 

I know and have read previous posts about such topics but I would like a dedicated reply as to what should I do now to get back on track. 

The worst thing just happened that's I had regularly been asked by fiverr to promote my gig but when I activated the feature, they told me after two days my gig can't be promoted anymore. 

Same Problem is happened with me. This January and February is disgusting month of my full career. I never faced this problem even i was a new seller.

6 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

Hello, 

Any chance there was an order that went south? A hit in the “buyer satisfaction” metric is usually the culprit when you go from regular orders to dead silence quickly.

Use this “downtime” to maintain your gigs.

Focus on the ones that got the most traction/sales. Revisit pricing, add/remove extras, SEO, tweak copy.

As a writer you may be focused on having a copy that’s well-written.

But the truth of the matter is, you need copy that reduces friction and converts. Maybe there is some room to optimize yet.

And one final thing: I know you offer writing gigs so gig images don’t really matter as much as if you were a designer.

However, you are targeting businesses. Almost all of your gigs are aiming to appeal to corporations or professionals.

So even if you can’t improve upon the designs of your thumbnails, at the very least fix all the stretching/wrong aspect ratio issues.

I’m not saying people will actually shop based on your images but it’s the attention to detail plus the image you are projecting as a professional.

Will it make you feel better if I told you that I am also struggling with low sales from time to time? It’s frustrating but now is the time to persist and work on your stuff.

11 hours ago, frank_d said:

not saying people will actually shop based on your images but it’s the attention to detail plus the image you are projecting as a professional.

Thank-you, @frank_d. Yes, I agree. My gig images aren't very good and I'm trying to fix them. Unfortunately, I'm very bad at designing and though have changed two last night, I will hire someone if I failed to do it myself. 

3 hours ago, catwriter said:

You might want to change your profile picture, too. A picture of a kid might be a good choice for someone specialized in kid-related stuff, but if your target buyers are corporations or professionals, the photo you're using now could hinder your sales.

I totally agree; however, coming from a place where all women have to observe pardah (hijab, face veil), posting my photo could create some problems for me and that's why I'm a bit reluctant to post my own snap. Apart from posting a photo of a kid from my family, I couldn't have thought of anything else that's original and Fiverr wouldn't remove it for being a fake one. What do you suggest BTW? 

20 hours ago, visualstudios said:

What has worked for me is introducing a new gig in a niche is growing. And always optimize your gigs as much as possible, don't worry about dropping them out of search. 

Thanks for the advice. I will try to create a new gig in the writing category. 

One of my strengths is writing on philosophy but then students will always approach you to get their works done. Some would even place their orders without even consulting with you. 

1 hour ago, rabihumakhan said:

Apart from posting a photo of a kid from my family, I couldn't have thought of anything else that's original and Fiverr wouldn't remove it for being a fake one. What do you suggest BTW? 

Some sellers use logos. Or drawings of themselves.

Would it create problems for you if you sent your photo to someone who does illustrations, drawings, that sort of thing, and they made a drawing of your face for you? Is showing a drawing of your face allowed?

1 hour ago, rabihumakhan said:

One of my strengths is writing on philosophy but then students will always approach you to get their works done. Some would even place their orders without even consulting with you. 

That sounds like a recipe for disaster. I had a similar thing when I wanted to write about history. There are actual customers that have history focused blogs... But obviously that's not a huge number of people, and students are the ones approaching you to get their own stuff done.

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

Some sellers use logos. Or drawings of themselves.

Would it create problems for you if you sent your photo to someone who does illustrations, drawings, that sort of thing, and they made a drawing of your face for you? Is showing a drawing of your face allowed?

I took the chance and posted my own photo. I believe no one from the area where I belong is on fiverr. It is worth taking a chance. 

On 2/26/2022 at 1:57 PM, frank_d said:

Any chance there was an order that went south? A hit in the “buyer satisfaction” metric is usually the culprit when you go from regular orders to dead silence quickly.

I did see a bad review on your profile listed for a month ago.  Can you correlate the drop to that? 

9 hours ago, cs_evans said:

I did see a bad review on your profile listed for a month ago.  Can you correlate the drop to that? 

Well, I'm not sure cause I got a few orders after that as well. Plus that gig of mine is getting the most traction (which isn't great but better than the others though) 

On 2/26/2022 at 1:57 PM, frank_d said:

Use this “downtime” to maintain your gigs.

Focus on the ones that got the most traction/sales. Revisit pricing, add/remove extras, SEO, tweak copy.

As a writer you may be focused on having a copy that’s well-written.

But the truth of the matter is, you need copy that reduces friction and converts. Maybe there is some room to optimize yet.

And one final thing: I know you offer writing gigs so gig images don’t really matter as much as if you were a designer.

However, you are targeting businesses. Almost all of your gigs are aiming to appeal to corporations or professionals.

So even if you can’t improve upon the designs of your thumbnails, at the very least fix all the stretching/wrong aspect ratio issues.

I’m not saying people will actually shop based on your images but it’s the attention to detail plus the image you are projecting as a professional.

Will it make you feel better if I told you that I am also struggling with low sales from time to time? It’s frustrating but now is the time to persist and work on your stuff.

I agree with this 100%. If you are tailoring your services to professionals, you have to have really high standards set. This is a different type of client base, who is usually educated and focuses even on the little aspects of your work.

Focus on optimizing your work as much as possible, also do not rely on one gig, try to find niches that are not saturated. Hope this helps 🙂

Archived