I just received my first “brief”!

frank_d

Up to now, it was just a waste of time for me.

My last brief went like Mike's. I sent an offer, literally a minute later, the "Brief was cancelled. X decided it wasn't the right time" notification appeared. I was wondering if this could be a polite way of implementing what would also be useful for BRs - letting sellers who send an offer, know that a buyer accepted someone else's offer? If yes, that would be useful. But as I also got that "Brief was cancelled" notification after a *seller* sent a brief (wanting me to give him work), perhaps not.

At least, in this case, the only out of all briefs so far, there was kind of enough information to send an actual offer (at least a tentative one; as long as I've not seen the file/s or non-files 😉, it might still be a bad deal for me and Fiverr).

Edited by miiila
  • Like 25
  • Up 4

I woke up to 3 "You got a brief" notifications in a row:

#1: Totally not what I offer

#2: Totally not what I offer, plus definitely an academic assignment

#3: Totally not what I offer, plus may have been an academic assignment

Totally not what I offer, means the briefs didn't even match my main category. Not even in BR do I ever come across 3 BRs in a row that aren't at least in my main category, I think (even if most BRs are equally irrelevant, and I'm not even talking about budget or such, but for flat-out "I don't offer this service" reasons, which should be easy to figure out even for AI), before filtering via search window).

The brief feature seems to get worse rather than better, going by the "matching". I do hope those rejected briefs don't count for our conversion rate in some way. 

• Like 29

I'd hope not, as they should be glad to get rejections with reasons to feed the machine and improve the matching, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Meanwhile, I got a 4th brief today, nothing I offer as well, like the 3 from this morning, so 4/4 irrelevant briefs, asking for a service I do not and can not provide in one day so far. They are starting to feel like notifications clutter, maybe they should redo Messages and have

Briefs | Notifications | Inbox

• Like 25

On 3/17/2022 at 3:49 PM, newsmike said:

OK, just got my first brief, and remembered this thread that @frank_d started.  It came in as flexible/flexible and I can't understand how in the world I should have been able to help him.  I just sent a standard offer for a VO of 150 words at $125, and he cancelled it right away.  Appears that it was another VO actor trying to get work from me. This feature is really poorly thought out.

image.thumb.png.0c41f2df8d16286c7727232d360eee78.png

Hey Newmaker, 

I didn't know that people on here actually tried to get work from others offering the same service. Do you get this often? 

• Like 26

Just now, kendal1747 said:

I didn't know that people on here actually tried to get work from others offering the same service. Do you get this often? 

Not too often, but there are folks here who say they have people inboxing them all the time looking for work. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

29 minutes ago, kendal1747 said:

didn't know that people on here actually tried to get work from others offering the same service. Do you get this often? 

Two sellers contacted me last week asking me to give them some of my proofreading work. I reported them both!

Like I would trust anyone else to work for me and take a chance on getting bad reviews. Lol, I don't even let my husband work for me anymore!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Two sellers contacted me last week asking me to give them some of my proofreading work. I reported them both!

I've been getting more of these types of requests in the last several weeks. I also report them. 

• Like 19
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, frank_d said:

It seems that Fiverr is making some changes to this feature, they just added the option to send a message!

Moving in the right direction! I actually started making a crazy big offer to briefs (great suggestion @frank_d, even if only joking) which then enabled me to message the buyer.

I'm now thinking, if briefs are still targeting the category level I'm guessing they go to a lot of sellers, so buyers will potentially now be receiving a lot of messages to their inbox.

So, I'm wondering...

a) If you're a buyer that puts out a brief but also sell on fiverr will this impact your response rate?

b) I can see buyers marking messages as spam if they suddenly get a lot of messages?

• Like 23

14 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

a) If you're a buyer that puts out a brief but also sell on fiverr will this impact your response rate?

I hope they thought of that, but think it's possible. I haven't put out a brief as a buyer, but my response rate was affected, when I bought from some designer and didn't reply to an order page message of his, because there was no need to reply, and I was the buyer in that scenario, so I thought it's fine. It wasn't. 

• Like 21

5 hours ago, frank_d said:

It seems that Fiverr is making some changes to this feature, they just added the option to send a message!

Thanks for that, I turned the feature on again, for now, in the hope that they may also have managed to fine-tune their matches a bit, as in, not 90% of all briefs will be for things I clearly don't offer at all. Not having to send an actual offer to the vague briefs is in any case a big improvement. 🙂 

Edited by miiila
ETA: Sorry for the two posts, somehow editing posts and quoting doesn't seem to gel well, or I messed it up somehow.
  • Like 21

I've had 4 briefs asking me to translate English into Dutch. The word "translate" and the word "Dutch" appear zero times on my profile. I just hate the time wasting and the missed opportunities that are going on. Feels like it should be taken down until they can make it work. How hard is it to make 5-6 things that are mandatory fields that a person MUST fill out before they send the brief.  When I get one that says I want an ebook $800 - that doesn't tell me jack squat. If I make an offer and they want a book that's 300,000 words long, now I have to go through Customer Service to explain that I can't do it, even though I made the offer. So frustrating. 

• Like 17

After a dozen or so briefs that weren't for a service I offer (which, I think, should be easy even for an AI to figure out, just by taking one drop-down into account that I had to choose from from when creating my Gig), finally, there was one that looked as if it was. Sadly, the reply to my message (great improvement over having to send an actual offer right away, still, though!) was to contact them via telegram...

• Like 14
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2