Who's excited for Matrix 4 (Ressurections)?!

smashradio

I love the Matrix. I probably spent more renting the original on DVD than I spent on my brand new kitchen! 

I love the philosophical questions – what is real? – the action, the music, the sound effects. I could go on for days. 

Now there's a teaser trailer for The Matrix 4 out, and I nearly pooped my pants. Still waiting for the full trailer. 

Are we excited? Yes we are. Probably gonna set my availability to out of office for a few days when it comes out this winter, just to make sure I can watch and analyze every frame of the movie. 

Yes, I need help. 

https://thechoiceisyours.whatisthematrix.com/uk/

^ Click your pill. 

the-matrix-resurrections-2-scaled.jpeg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, smashradio said:

I love the Matrix. I probably spent more renting the original on DVD than I spent on my brand new kitchen! 

I love the philosophical questions – what is real? – the action, the music, the sound effects. I could go on for days. 

Now there's a teaser trailer for The Matrix 4 out, and I nearly pooped my pants. Still waiting for the full trailer. 

Are we excited? Yes we are. Probably gonna set my availability to out of office for a few days when it comes out this winter, just to make sure I can watch and analyze every frame of the movie. 

Yes, I need help. 

^ Click your pill. 

Meeee.. On the website, did you notice how the teaser slightly or wholly changes even when you select the same pill for the second time? And the timestamp mentioned in the teaser too is as per the time on your machine.. Totally dope.. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, surajkartha said:

Meeee.. On the website, did you notice how the teaser slightly or wholly changes even when you select the same pill for the second time? And the timestamp mentioned in the teaser too is as per the time on your machine.. Totally dope.. 

Yeah I love it. It tries to mess with  your head by changing up the clips, almost like it's telling you "did you think that was real, what you saw?". And the narration with the clock is just genious level marketing. It speaks directly to us. That's some delicious marketing! Just waiting for the full trailer now. Tomorrow is the day! 

• Like 8

I remember sooooooooooooo many guys at school wearing that long black trench coat and those sunglasses, trying to look cool after that movie came out...

Sorry guys, no offense but none of you are Keanu Reeves...(yes yes, I know, I sound so mean)

I'll be watching it for sure, like @enunciatorsaid for me the first movie was the best but I still saw the sequels too and even though they were not the best it was still entertaining. I'm sure I'll be watching the fourth movie as well 😄

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, enunciator said:

Sorry, but the only good Matrix movie was the first Matrix movie...

The second one had that incredible interstate chase sequence, but the rest was meh. And the third, good grief...

Here's the thing with the sequels: they were too complicated in their ideas and execution. I think all three are great movies, but there's no doubt that the first was the best. Some of the CGI, especially in Reloaded, hasn't aged well. And there's a saying I just made about CGI that doesn't age well: if you don't think it will, go practical!

When it comes to the story lines, the first one had a really simple, yet interesting philisophical idea: what is real? 

The second one tried to build on that but like a card house, too many floors will make it collapse. But when I re-watch the sequels time and time again, I get more of it every time. I also like to analyze what's going on, and the more I do, the better the movies become, for me. 

The regular movie-going fan isn't interested in that: they want a good movie that will stand on its own legs. The sequels didn't do that like the first one did. They are still really good Matrix stories, but they might fit better in a book or comic than in a movie. They went way overboard with heavy-worded philosophy and dialogue, making it great for a video essay about deeper questions of reality and the concepts of choice, but not very great for the cinema goer. 

I'm really looking forward to Matrix Ressurections. It could be a fresh start to the franchise. It could also be trash. Let's hope not. Going by the trailers, I think it will be a great movie, both visually and storywise, but even so, no movie can ever live up to the amazing piece of art that is The Matrix (1). 

• Like 4
  • Up 2

On 9/8/2021 at 11:54 PM, smashradio said:

Yes, I need help. 

^ Click your pill. 

I AM SO AWAITED ITS NEW VERSION ITS REALY VERY BIGEST AND INTRESTING MOVIE. BUT I DO NOT KNOW IT WILL RELEASE IN FUTURE

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

The movie wasn't 'it', unfortunately. I loved the enter franchise so much and they just let me down. Sure the nostalgia was out of this world but I felt like it was missing the main plot (with most of the movie being about Neo trying to get Trinity back). I liked Zion's development and the casting as well but if this was a standalone movie without the level its predecessors had set, it would have been a huge flop. I'll probably just skip the fourth installment whenever I want to watch. 🥲💔

• Like 5