If you stay online 24/7, this will happen

smashradio

11 hours ago, voicedbyken said:

I attribute my being online 24/7 at the very beginning to the reason I went from level 0 to top seller in less than a year on the platform vs many of my colleagues who don't and are still stuck at level 2 years later.

What's wrong with level 2? I was a top rated seller too, and lost it due to a surgery that destroyed my ratings. I didn't see any major difference between being a level 2 and a top rated seller so.. 

11 hours ago, voicedbyken said:

I stated that it makes a difference to those in a rush after they find you on whether they message you or move on to find someone who is currently available.

People that are in a rush are the worst clients you can ever deal with. They always push you to deliver as quick as possible, they message you in the middle of the night asking if it's ready (multiple times), etc. I experienced this kind of stuff with a person where they asked something, I replied and then had to go to sleep as it was over 2 AM for me. But they continued to send around 5-7 more messages during the night and frustrated, placed an order without even asking for a reply. Then upon delivery, they started insulting me and stuff. So I know very well that people in a rush are the worst type of client you can have. Even if you're in desperation for orders, I wouldn't recommend that. But you do you, I know it's really bad to deal with that kind of people. They don't appreciate or respect the work you do, they just want it fast, most likely to flip it to others and make a profit. So.. yeah, the idea of being online for others to find you for quick work, not really that great. 

• Like 37
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

Why would you do this? Staying online will not benefit you.

How many times do you need to repeat this, Filip? Unfortunately people don't care and always ask this because they want to cheat the system and surpass others without doing the work. To be honest with you, I am disgusted to see all these topics regarding the idea of staying online and getting more work, staying active, etc.

• Like 41
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

I normally just leave it on in the background whilst doing other stuff. Like practicing and learning new skills/software etc. I don't know if it makes a difference to orders but if I'm at the computer I normally have it open. If I'm away from the desk, I do turn it off.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

On 12/5/2023 at 6:27 AM, emonilz said:

How can you say that there is no benefit for active online?

Staying active or being online does not help you at all. This myth is spread by sellers who lack knowledge about how Fiverr works.

Check what a Fiverr Staff member posted on September 25, 2023.

image.png.c442c746da6e71b3f672ef65c90f4f4c.png

And another Fiverr Staff member on October 08, 2023.

image.png.bdeeb9c5bfe43b4f86582b7c2afb17da.png

• Like 42
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, omarfaruque123 said:

a lot of seller talk about that

Because they refuse to accept that it doesn't actually help.

And then they watch youtube videos made by people that claim to be "fiverr gurus" that don't actually sell on the site themselves, and frequently suggest staying online 24/7.

Every time people say it doesn't help, there's a dozen sellers that completely ignore them and reply to the OP insisting that it does work. That myth has been around for years, and it will never stop because these people simply don't listen.

If it doesn't fit their get rich quick scheme, they don't want to know. This forum has always had a serious issue with new sellers parroting misinformation, and short of mass-recruiting mods I'm not sure there's any real way to stop it. Even then, removing/correcting those posts would be never-ending work.

Edited by mhallvo
  • Like 34
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mhallvo said:

Because they refuse to accept that it doesn't actually help.

And then they watch youtube videos made by people that claim to be "fiverr gurus" that don't actually sell on the site themselves, and frequently suggest staying online 24/7.

Every time people say it doesn't help, there's a dozen sellers that completely ignore them and reply to the OP insisting that it does work. That myth has been around for years, and it will never stop because these people simply don't listen.

If it doesn't fit their get rich quick scheme, they don't want to know. This forum has always had a serious issue with new sellers parroting misinformation, and short of mass-recruiting mods I'm not sure there's any real way to stop it. Even then, removing/correcting those posts would be never-ending work.

Someone should 📌 your post on the forum's homepage.

This might not stop all of them but possibly educate and dispel a few! 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mhallvo said:

This forum has always had a serious issue with new sellers parroting misinformation, and short of mass-recruiting mods I'm not sure there's any real way to stop it.

I'd suggest they just ban them all. I know they won't, but it'd really be better for Fiverr. Just imagine a buyer coming in here and seeing all these... trying to stay civil here... uninformed sellers. They would get the impression that 90% or more of Fiverr sellers have absolutely no idea what they're doing, and it's a horrible look.

Edited by vibronx
  • Like 37
  • Up 7
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, vibronx said:

it's a horrible look

It really is. I was away from Fiverr for a few years, and returning to see that the forum still has those issues was disappointing. I was surprised to see you, and others, still having to correct people after all that time. Patience of a saint.

I think if I were completely new to the site I'd have just ignored the forum entirely because on the surface, most posts just look like spam. There really should be some required reading that debunks common rumours before people are allowed to post here.

Edited by mhallvo
  • Like 36
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mhallvo said:

I was away from Fiverr for a few years

It's definitely nice to see you again! I stopped using the forum for a while, and now it's mostly on and off. A lot of the old regulars stopped posting as well—probably got frustrated.

• Like 37
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, redwanul_haque1 said:

try to stay online for at least 18 hours every day,

WRONG! Staying active or being online does not help you at all. This myth is spread by sellers who lack knowledge about how Fiverr works.

Check what a Fiverr Staff member posted on September 25, 2023.

image.png.f0cb760da5e83b1cde4cb86774c50b19.png

And another Fiverr Staff member on October 08, 2023.

image.png.d4c572b6bd66b5f45d1eed45783b05a8.png

And another Fiverr Staff member on December 06, 2023.

image.png.22376b47dfc6d47a0ae139a617388452.png

And again on December 06, 2023.

image.png.ea23909476910f931455d84ec75ad26f.png

And again on January 03, 2024.

image.png.a052210c4adc1384eced0dfa32de7a14.png

image.png

• Like 13
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, redwanul_haque1 said:

If you want to be successful with fiber, you must be very patient with fiber.

If you are new to fiber, try to stay online for at least 18 hours every day, Remember that without hard work and patience you can never succeed in anything.☺️

Cable says ... Thank You!!!

image.png.6c9fbc58713bfc01c2a7fe3eca6f463d.png

• Like 14
  • Haha 8