How to increase Gig impressions and Click?

mozammal

If you look through the entire forum, you'll see "I'm not get orders this month" posts almost every month, every year.
Like @catwriter said, it's different for everyone. While some people are getting less, others are getting bombarded with orders.
I myself am not that busy this month, while July was pretty busy. I won't be surprised if August remained this way.

• Like 5

On 7/28/2021 at 11:07 PM, mozammal said:

4. After 4-8 weeks, spending a minimum of 4 hours a day, you should get some job requirements for those 60-70 % matches with your capability. Start doing those even before you contact the buyer.

5. Complete that as soon as you can. Don’t panic. Double-check with requirements to be confirmed if you did what the buyer was looking for. If possible make it checked by someone else before you share it with the buyer.

Make it available that anyone can check.

6. Then contact the buyer saying,

” Hi, I think I did 60-70% of your project work already.

Can you please check if that is what you are looking for ?”

BOOM !

90% chance you will get a reply on that !

Wait, what?! Are you trying to advise people to work for free? That's wrong on so many levels. 

First of all: you should never work for free, nor should you send your potential buyers "60-70%" of their project without getting paid for your time. 

If you have to do that, you're way off track when it comes to how you're presenting yourself, in my opinion. If you want a job at a company, you don't just walk into their office, sit down, do some work, then apply for the job. 

As a voice-over talent, I'm used to doing auditions for jobs. And that's fine. But I would never do "60-70% of the work" for an audition! I may read a line or two, perhaps even three, depending on the length of the script. 

But working without knowing you'll get paid? Maybe you'll land a couple of gigs, sure, but will they be lasting respectful relationships? I doubt it. 

Exposure doesn't pay the bills, and frankly, if I ever got "60-70%" of the work done for free, I would think this person is desperate. If they are desperate, they most likely aren't very good at what they do because if they were, the clients would be waiting in line to pay them for their work. 

So if you ever are going to do this, you better be sure that you're good at what you do (that means knowing a lot more than "the basics"), because I would look at your work with highly sceptical eyes.

And you better be sure that the person won't just take your word, say bye-bye, and go on their way with an almost finished, free project. The chance of wasting your time is high. 

At least that's my take on this. If you want to work for free, then, by all means, go right ahead. 

Oh, and one last piece of advice: if you want to succeed doing freelance work online, keep religion out of it. You risk alienating people by doing so. Remember: most of your buyers probably won't be a part of your religion, and most religious people (and even non-religious people) can be very touchy about the subject. 🙂

• Like 21
  • Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

There could be several reasons. I had a record breaking august, with more revenue than ever. Last week was slow. 

It goes up and down, and it's not always clear why. It could be that your gig has been rotated (Fiverr rotates gigs in search frequently to give everyone a chance), or it could just be that demand for your services have dropped in the past week. 

I often see slow periods followed by a ton of orders, and it can rarely be explained by just one factor. It might be that buyers simply aren't looking for what I have to offer right now. 

I remember when I used to run a store. We usually had very busy fridays. But sometimes we could go all day without customers on a friday, for no clear reason at all. It seemed totally random. Then, the next friday was booming again. 

Whenever I have downtime like that, I try to get other things done, like taking courses, training, improving my gigs, or taking some time off. It doesn't help to worry so much everything you experience a dip in business. But if it lasts for longer periods of time, then you have to sit down and carefully consider the reasons why it might be happening, like negative reviews/hidden feedback, poor optimization, or some other element that could affect your position and/or click-through-rates and so on. 

Hope this helps! :) 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I usually complete any where from 8-18 orders a month on Fiverr. At the moment I've completed 4 order in September. I also completed 2 orders for off-site clients as well. When faced with downtime, I usually work on my site, make new connections with potential clients, or relax a bit.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, j6nyc6 said:

I usually complete any where from 8-18 orders a month on Fiverr. At the moment I've completed 4 order in September. I also completed 2 orders for off-site clients as well. When faced with downtime, I usually work on my site, make new connections with potential clients, or relax a bit.

My order number varies a lot. Sometimes there's a high number of smaller orders, other times I get fewer but bigger orders. I don't really care, as long as my revenue is above a sertain threshold. I've had five orders so far in september. I prefer to measure success by revenue increase, rather than order numbers, and to measure that year over year. As a freelancer, monthly income really isn't a good measure of your success and besides, you should always have a rainy-day-account for slow periods. I've been focusing heavily on growing that with investments this past year, and it makes me feel a lot safer and more relaxed when faced with downtime. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 7
  • Congrats! 1

5 hours ago, smashradio said:

There could be several reasons. I had a record breaking august, with more revenue than ever. Last week was slow. 

It goes up and down, and it's not always clear why. It could be that your gig has been rotated (Fiverr rotates gigs in search frequently to give everyone a chance), or it could just be that demand for your services have dropped in the past week. 

I often see slow periods followed by a ton of orders, and it can rarely be explained by just one factor. It might be that buyers simply aren't looking for what I have to offer right now. 

I remember when I used to run a store. We usually had very busy fridays. But sometimes we could go all day without customers on a friday, for no clear reason at all. It seemed totally random. Then, the next friday was booming again. 

Whenever I have downtime like that, I try to get other things done, like taking courses, training, improving my gigs, or taking some time off. It doesn't help to worry so much everything you experience a dip in business. But if it lasts for longer periods of time, then you have to sit down and carefully consider the reasons why it might be happening, like negative reviews/hidden feedback, poor optimization, or some other element that could affect your position and/or click-through-rates and so on. 

Hope this helps! 🙂

It's great post for all seller..thank you brother 🤩

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Dear Community,

Hope all are well. I need a help. I new buyer (Who come to fiverr new and this is his first order) Order me from my package. He requested to work something that is more tasks than the package described.

So I asked the buyer about the information he asked me to do.

He couldn't provide me the proper information  rather he requested me to cancel the order and said it was wrong order by mistake.

He create dispute on the order and asked me to accept the dispute.

My question is if I accept his dispute and the order marked as cancel, then what will be my losse and what effect fall on my ratings and profile and also my seller level??

I also sent message to the resolution center yesterday. I havent got any respond or solution yet.

Please suggest me what I should do and how I become safe and keep my profile net and clean as it was.

Thanks

mozammal

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

Your orders completed stat will be affected. How badly it is affected depends on how many orders you have had in the last 60 days. You could lose your level, but then would get it back after 60 days.

If you do not cancel then you take the chance on getting a bad review. 

I would send a note to CS at support@fiverr.com. Explain the situation and ask them to cancel the order WITHOUT having an affect on your order completion rate. That is what I have done in the past and CS has always corrected my stats for me. Be polite, professional and not demanding. 

Good luck! 🍀

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, max3dmodel said:

Nothing wrong with this month. Your last delivery was 4 months ago. So, why do you complain about this month? 

thanks for commenting. Yes, you are right. Actually I inactive few months, so I didnt get new order. I havent got order months, not only this month.

• Like 13