Avoid direct order from a buyer without discussion

alok_archi

Hello community-

I need the tips of avoiding direct orders from buyer without a conversation.

In my work history, 02 of my orders were cancelled when the clients ordered gigs without discussing with me. Please let me know if there are ways of controlling automatic orders from buyers. It is indeed a problem when it turns out that the buyer wants standard/ premium services by ordering basic gig without discussing with the seller.

Please help me with the issue.

Thank you!
Alok

There’s no such means to block orders from buyers who haven’t messaged you first.

There really is barely any means for sellers to block orders from buyers at all. I guess going out of office and blocking a buyer who has already purchased from you before are it.

Hello community-

I need the tips of avoiding direct orders from buyer without a conversation.

In my work history, 02 of my orders were cancelled when the clients ordered gigs without discussing with me. Please let me know if there are ways of controlling automatic orders from buyers. It is indeed a problem when it turns out that the buyer wants standard/ premium services by ordering basic gig without discussing with the seller.

Thank you!

Alok

Please let me know if there are ways of controlling automatic orders from buyers.

No, there is no way. And that is actually the main principle that fiverr is built on and what differentiate fiverr from all other platforms: that buyers can place orders instantly just by reading a gig.

Make your descriptions more clear, make clear separation between packages, write in your description to contact you first etc

What make Fiverr different from other freelance platforms is the ability of the buyer to place an order without spending time discussing the order with the seller.

It is your job to make sure your gig requirements are set up so the buyer must give your all of the information you need. There are places in the gig requirements where you can choose for the order not to start until the buyer answers or attaches certain information. Use those features wisely and your buyer will not need to be canceled because you will have all of the information you need.

For example if the buyer does not fill out the answers to the requirements below the order will not start. These are only two of the 5 requirements I have for this gig. NOTE: I have the Required box checked so the order will not start without the buyer including the information. 😉

1241799325_ScreenShot2021-05-28at7_55_04AM.thumb.png.5826f50188c93d0f7c56db89dee9b288.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 7.55.04 AM1178×632 27.4 KB

1093360954_ScreenShot2021-05-28at7_55_51AM.thumb.png.254a6e19aab7df22572e1e1cc79de587.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 7.55.51 AM1170×1076 93.1 KB

What make Fiverr different from other freelance platforms is the ability of the buyer to place an order without spending time discussing the order with the seller.

It is your job to make sure your gig requirements are set up so the buyer must give your all of the information you need. There are places in the gig requirements where you can choose for the order not to start until the buyer answers or attaches certain information. Use those features wisely and your buyer will not need to be canceled because you will have all of the information you need.

For example if the buyer does not fill out the answers to the requirements below the order will not start. These are only two of the 5 requirements I have for this gig. NOTE: I have the Required box checked so the order will not start without the buyer including the information. 😉

Thanks! That should be helpful.

Very much appreciable.

Hmm, might be an interesting thread asking how many questions are in the Order Requirements for different sellers. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi Alok. Another, or an additional option to the already suggested ones, if you have that issue often, might be to set up your gig so that your current standard/premium services are the current basic service, and add services at higher price points for standard/premium, and put in your Gig description that buyers can contact you to receive the current basic service for price x via a custom offer.

That has two potential downsides, though, it might also keep buyers from ordering directly who would order the basic and expect the basic, too, and you might price yourself out of some buyers’ filters if they filter for prices below your new basic Gig price.

Why, 5, of course. 😉

Hi Alok. Another, or an additional option to the already suggested ones, if you have that issue often, might be to set up your gig so that your current standard/premium services are the current basic service, and add services at higher price points for standard/premium, and put in your Gig description that buyers can contact you to receive the current basic service for price x via a custom offer.

That has two potential downsides, though, it might also keep buyers from ordering directly who would order the basic and expect the basic, too, and you might price yourself out of some buyers’ filters if they filter for prices below your new basic Gig price.

My gigs range from 7 all the way to 12 Order Requirement questions. I like being thorough! 😅

Oh wow, which gig is the 12 questions?! Haha, although I would see how that benefits you, you even offer custom outfits!

You are correct!

My green screen gigs have 12 questions and my cowboy gigs are just behind at 11. Voice over doesn’t have as many elements involved compared to video production, so they’ve only racked up 7 to 8.

Why, 5, of course. 😉

Thanks a lot! Will apply those points for my gigs.

Is it possible for a buyer to accidentally order a gig or they have to go through a few steps if there are no gig requirements?

Thanks a lot! Will apply those points for my gigs.

Is it possible for a buyer to accidentally order a gig or they have to go through a few steps if there are no gig requirements?

Well, I’m rather confident in saying that I wouldn’t manage to accidentally order a gig, but I don’t doubt that it’s possible to do it more or less accidentally (some people just don’t read or notice things, or click first, and only then read), also there might be someone among your competition who tries to get to see as much as possible of your Gig for “research purposes” and goes through a step too much, either accidentally, or on purpose.

I’ve gotten “accidental” orders even though I do have Gig requirements, and from forum threads I know that many others got such orders too. Whatever you do to prevent it, there will be someone who manages to circumvent it eventually. You can set up your Gig in a way that will reduce such things, but you can’t bullet-proof it.

Well, I’m rather confident in saying that I wouldn’t manage to accidentally order a gig, but I don’t doubt that it’s possible to do it more or less accidentally (some people just don’t read or notice things, or click first, and only then read), also there might be someone among your competition who tries to get to see as much as possible of your Gig for “research purposes” and goes through a step too much, either accidentally, or on purpose.

I’ve gotten “accidental” orders even though I do have Gig requirements, and from forum threads I know that many others got such orders too. Whatever you do to prevent it, there will be someone who manages to circumvent it eventually. You can set up your Gig in a way that will reduce such things, but you can’t bullet-proof it.

Yes, I think so too. Thanks for being thorough!

Archived