14 days waiting clearance opinion

Glad we can agree on something.

By the way, are the PRO sellers under the same standards? Or are they too special to get demoted?

By the way, are the PRO sellers under the same standards? Or are they too special to get demoted?

I believe I am under exactly the same requirements as everyone else, as the Pro badge is independent of seller level.

• Like 6

Guest designers_web

i think each level should have different clearance time because if fiverr is giving priority to top rated sellers then should also give some priority to level one and level two sellers…
i think this is the best way…

i think each level should have different clearance time because if fiverr is giving priority to top rated sellers then should also give some priority to level one and level two sellers…

I disagree. Do you realize how much of an accounting nightmare this would be? What we have in place right now seems more than fair to me. We don’t need to be adding features just because every level needs to feel uniquely special in some sort of way.

• Like 5

Life is that way… things change and we adjust.

Yeah, and then we get fracked. I went to People Per Hour, submitted one hourly, the ones people search for, the finks disapproved it.

I’m not a TRS (yet) but I am happy they are setting the standards higher for those who both want to be (me) and those who had it in the past but stopped working for it.

They set the standards impossibly high! Hey, I have an idea, instead of 4.8, why not 5.0? Instead of 90% completion rate, why not 100%? Come on, people! Let’s raise the standards! 20% commission? Let’s give Fiverr 50%! Better yet, let’s give them 100%. Let’s all work for Fiverr, they need the money, we don’t.

Or maybe Fiverr should charge a membership. Want to be TRS? $100 a month. Not enough? $500 then.

They set the standards impossibly high! Hey, I have an idea, instead of 4.8, why not 5.0? Instead of 90% completion rate, why not 100%? Come on, people! Let’s raise the standards! 20% commission? Let’s give Fiverr 50%! Better yet, let’s give them 100%. Let’s all work for Fiverr, they need the money, we don’t.

Hmmm… I guess I see it different.

It’s their platform, their rules. I have plenty of other options if I don’t like it.

It’s doesn’t bother me if some people decide to go find another platform to work, that’s up to them. If it’s not working for someone, they are free to explore other venues.

Build your own site, find other ways to market, there are plenty of options and Fiverr may be perfect for some, or a poor fit. It’s still just one option.

• Like 5

it discourages people from delivering their work on time

really? Like you legit don’t feel like delivering on-time because of that?

Why are you on this site then? it’s been like that from day 1, it’s right there on the ToS.

It is completely wrong that Top Rated Sellers get paid in 7 days and the rest of us have to wait 14 days.

Fiverr is not punishing level 1+2 and new sellers. It is rewarding TRS.

Everyone’s funds used to clear in 14 days. Then I think a year and some change back, they announced TRS level gets 7-day clearance.

So you are looking at it the wrong way.

It is a really strong incentive and once you reach that level, a great benefit to have.

Everyone’s funds used to clear in 14 days. Then I think a year and some change back, they announced TRS level gets 7-day clearance.

Fiverr’s defenders claim that the new level standards are making everyone equal. If TRS gets paid in 7 and we get paid in 14, where’s the equality? Is our money less valuable than theirs? Do we need it less than they do? No! If the system allows TRS’s to get paid in 7 days, the same courtesy should be given to us.

It shouldn’t be a perk, TRS’s get enough perks.

It’s their platform, their rules. I have plenty of other options if I don’t like it.

First of all, is it really “their platform”? We’re the ones that work here! We’re the ones that make money for them! Don’t act like they’re doing you a favor, they take 20%.

And you’re wrong, I don’t have plenty of options. Name me one platform that is like Fiverr, it doesn’t exist. Don’t even mention the Fiverr clones, and don’t compare it to People Per Hour, I tried dealing with those finks and they screwed me over.

• Like 2

I believe I am under exactly the same requirements as everyone else, as the Pro badge is independent of seller level.

What I mean is this, will PRO sellers lose their pro status? Will they be demoted to TRS? I doubt it. I think King Pros will be left alone. Fiverr loves the pros, they’re the special people, the patricians of Fiverr. The rest of us are a bunch of plebes.

• Like 3

What I mean is this, will PRO sellers lose their pro status? Will they be demoted to TRS? I doubt it. I think King Pros will be left alone. Fiverr loves the pros, they’re the special people, the patricians of Fiverr. The rest of us are a bunch of plebes.

What I mean is this, will PRO sellers lose their pro status?

I honestly don’t know - although the status or not of my Pro badge will not impact me striving to meet Fiverr standards - I also imagine that a Fiverr Customer Success team member would reach out to us if we were not performing as expected.

I am glad you like us so much - it sounds like you think more of Pros than we think of ourselves 😉

• Like 4

Fiverr’s defenders claim that the new level standards are making everyone equal. If TRS gets paid in 7 and we get paid in 14, where’s the equality? Is our money less valuable than theirs? Do we need it less than they do? No! If the system allows TRS’s to get paid in 7 days, the same courtesy should be given to us.

First of all, is it really “their platform”? We’re the ones that work here! We’re the ones that make money for them! Don’t act like they’re doing you a favor, they take 20%.

And you’re wrong, I don’t have plenty of options. Name me one platform that is like Fiverr, it doesn’t exist. Don’t even mention the Fiverr clones, and don’t compare it to People Per Hour, I tried dealing with those finks and they screwed me over.

If TRS gets paid in 7 and we get paid in 14, where’s the equality?

I understand your anger and frustration but a month ago when tou were a TRS yourself, you weren’t posting about equality and overthrowing overlords and Fiverr’s defenders.

I have nothing more to say, as I do feel you need space to vent.

If you need any help after that’s done, feel free to message me.

• Like 4

What I mean is this, will PRO sellers lose their pro status?

I honestly don’t know - although the status or not of my Pro badge will not impact me striving to meet Fiverr standards - I also imagine that a Fiverr Customer Success team member would reach out to us if we were not performing as expected.

I am glad you like us so much - it sounds like you think more of Pros than we think of ourselves 😉

Look at your analytics page and see if they mention anything about losing levels. Thanks.

• Like 2

Look at your analytics page and see if they mention anything about losing levels. Thanks.

It’s the exact same as yours I assure you.

We can lose levels as well

And BTW Pro is not a level. There’s no demotion.

You don’t have to be a certain level to be eligible.

• Like 4

If TRS gets paid in 7 and we get paid in 14, where’s the equality? Is our money less valuable than theirs? Do we need it less than they do? No! If the system allows TRS’s to get paid in 7 days, the same courtesy should be given to us.

I don’t understand why this has suddenly become a “them” and “us” issue for you. Just yesterday, you were a “them” who had 7-day fund clearance. Today, you are arguing as if you are a disenfranchised seller who is unfairly given 14-day fund clearance.

I’m sorry to hear that you were demoted (YESTERDAY!) from TRS level with 7-day fund clearance, to Level 2 with 14-day fund clearance. I get that you’re angry, but your demotion does not mean you still deserve TRS perks now that you are a Level 2 seller.

Your entire argument strikes me as if you’re thumbing your nose at the rest of us – who have never been TRS sellers. We’re all getting by just fine with the standard 14-day fund clearance.

First of all, is it really “their platform”? We’re the ones that work here! We’re the ones that make money for them! Don’t act like they’re doing you a favor, they take 20%

This IS their website. See the logo on any page of their site? It says, “Fiverr”. This site is theirs. It’s branded with their logo. It is their platform, and we work on it in exchange for giving them 20% of all of our earnings. I don’t know about you, but I think that’s more than fair. I love my 80% profit! Other places that I work only give me 10-20%.

I don’t have plenty of options.

You always have options. I’m sure you have many skills. Pick one, and find a way to make it profitable.

I, for example, offer my brand development services here on Fiverr, but I am also a designer who designs t-shirts and other licensed merchandise that is very popular and sells quite well. In addition, I maintain Facebook pages and manage brand and design projects for other people. I do many things… and I’ve found ways to make those other things profitable.

You always have options, it’s just a matter of whether you want to work at making them profitable. Fiverr is not the only option for self-employed freelance people.

• Like 6

What I mean is this, will PRO sellers lose their pro status? Will they be demoted to TRS?

Most sellers with Pro status are not TRS as far as I know. Paul is a level 2 (with 14 day clearance probably?) so if he gets demoted, it wouldn’t be to TRS.

BTW, I’m sorry to everyone who lost a level in this smashup. I was only “saved” by 3% so I may be next. This thread is more of a rant than a suggestion, though.

• Like 4

What I mean is this, will PRO sellers lose their pro status? Will they be demoted to TRS?

Most sellers with Pro status are not TRS as far as I know. Paul is a level 2 (with 14 day clearance probably?) so if he gets demoted, it wouldn’t be to TRS.

BTW, I’m sorry to everyone who lost a level in this smashup. I was only “saved” by 3% so I may be next. This thread is more of a rant than a suggestion, though.

I am a level 2, but Pros actually have 7-day clearance of funds - one of the benefits of the badge, I believe.

• Like 3

I am a level 2, but Pros actually have 7-day clearance of funds - one of the benefits of the badge, I believe.

Ok, so I guess I’m an optimist, but to me that tells me I have two ways of getting a 7 day clearance! If I can’t make TRS, I can try to polish up my business skills and get a Pro badge instead. Either way, to my understanding Pro is not a level, right? It’s an opportunity, though.

• Like 2

I’ve never been a TRS, but I also agree that 14 days is an absolute RIDICULOUS amount of time to get paid! 7 days makes more sense to me, and I agree that since buyers can do chargebacks at any time, having a random 14-day hold makes ZERO sense.

• Like 2

Guest offlinehelpers

You should be happy you get paid in 14 days, most of my clients outside of Fiverr are on NET 30. Adjust and plan accordingly. If you worked a standard 9-5 you’d get paid every two weeks anyway. Don’t see what the big stink is all about.

If you worked a standard 9-5 you’d get paid every two weeks anyway

I used to get paid monthly in arrears. 🙂

Pretty standard.

Hmmm… I guess I see it different.

It’s doesn’t bother me if some people decide to go find another platform to work, that’s up to them. If it’s not working for someone, they are free to explore other venues.

Build your own site, find other ways to market, there are plenty of options and Fiverr may be perfect for some, or a poor fit. It’s still just one option.

I have plenty of other options if I don’t like it.

You do, I don’t.

Build your own site

And spend a fortune marketing it? No thanks. Websites like Fiverr are extremely complex to create, develop, promote, and maintain. I do not have the time, money, or desire to create what would end up as a vanity website that makes me no money.

really? Like you legit don’t feel like delivering on-time because of that?

I deliver on time all the time. What I meant was delivering ahead of schedule. When you get paid in 7 days, you want to deliver everything ASAP. When it’s 14 days, it doesn’t matter, you can take more time as long as you’re not late.

• Like 2