Why buyers are not responding??

leonwg

Hi everyone,

This is a very bad behavior in some buyers in Fiverr.

I offered some buyer requests and two buyers asked me samples, After I send sample there are not responding.

I think humans shouldn’t be like that.

Aren’t there any features to avoid like those behaviors in Fiverr.

People have lives, they won’t always be able to respond to your messages immediately. Sometimes they’ll just forget, and you’ll have to move on.

Yes I know but one buyer blocked me after I send the sample.

I don’t ask for samples - but I do ask for examples of prior work - just like how many of my clients do the same. If the files I get aren’t what I expected… I might end up going off the grid, too (I try to at least say ‘hey, this is not what I’m looking for right now’ but I often get quite busy/not ready to explain why and go in circles so… happens. Of course, if they’d asked for samples based on THEIR offers…yeah, that’s nasty. Always send an custom order through in response to those requests, seems to help!

I don’t ask for samples - but I do ask for examples of prior work - just like how many of my clients do the same. If the files I get aren’t what I expected… I might end up going off the grid, too (I try to at least say ‘hey, this is not what I’m looking for right now’ but I often get quite busy/not ready to explain why and go in circles so… happens. Of course, if they’d asked for samples based on THEIR offers…yeah, that’s nasty. Always send an custom order through in response to those requests, seems to help!

Yes of course! I meant that.👍

Don’t give away samples.

Plus, be careful with the BRs.

Most of the Buyers who list there are looking for cheap workers and will pay peanuts.

Good luck.

Most of the Buyers who list there are looking for cheap workers and will pay peanuts.

Most but not all. I just completed a Buyer Request that I bid $15 over the buyer’s budget and got the job. And I have a few regular buyers I found through BR when I was new here that are still with me.

Most but not all. I just completed a Buyer Request that I bid $15 over the buyer’s budget and got the job. And I have a few regular buyers I found through BR when I was new here that are still with me.

Yah.

That’s why I said MOST…lol

When I started off, I sent very small one line samples to prospective buyers, but ONLY if I didn’t get any whiff of a cheapskate or scam artist from communicating with them.

I’ve stopped sending samples months and months ago. It doesn’t seem to have hurt my business.

As others have said, these are NOT buyers - these are likely scammers who prey on new sellers.

They contact you promising work, but first, you must prove you are up to the task, of course! So, you are conned into sending them “samples” which are probably the actual WORK they want done.

Let me guess, you gave them samples that are targeted at what they would have wanted you to work on eventually? If so, you got scammed.

Do NOT offer samples. If someone needs a sample that badly, depending on your Gig, you should have a portfolio or already prepared samples of work you have done in the past to show them. I like what someone else here called them - send an example of your work not a sample of their choosing. If they want you to create something just for them to prove your worth, RUNNNNNN!

one buyer blocked me after I send the sample.

And, there is your proof that they just wanted you to work for free. They blocked you because they got what they needed and are on to the next sucker.

GG

It’s already been well said here but…DON’T send free work and then complain when they disappear. Some “buyers” will take your work, run, and sleep like a rock at night. Don’t be afraid to say no. Not all buyers in BR are scammers or cheapskates, but a huge number are. I stopped using BR a long time ago. Just last night a potential buyer messaged me saying they want to hire me but first need a free sample of a script. A full script! My answer was no and they disappeared. Probably to search out some other cow to milk.

Hi everyone,

This is a very bad behavior in some buyers in Fiverr.

I offered some buyer requests and two buyers asked me samples, After I send sample there are not responding.

I think humans shouldn’t be like that.

Yes there is, avoiding sending samples.

Your samples were likely stolen. Always ask them to explain their business up front before sending samples. This way, you know they’re legit and not just trying to steal from you.

Your samples were likely stolen. Always ask them to explain their business up front before sending samples. This way, you know they’re legit and not just trying to steal from you.

Always ask them to explain their business up front before sending samples. This way, you know they’re legit and not just trying to steal from you.

That makes no sense. She should not be sending samples that are exclusive to what the person would need to order and PAY for.

What does it matter if the scammer “explains their business up front” - they can explain til the cows come home, but that does not mean they are legit at all! Most asking for samples that would be exactly what they want done, are going to take it and run. Her being blocked by the scammer is proof enough of that.

GG

Always ask them to explain their business up front before sending samples. This way, you know they’re legit and not just trying to steal from you.

That makes no sense. She should not be sending samples that are exclusive to what the person would need to order and PAY for.

What does it matter if the scammer “explains their business up front” - they can explain til the cows come home, but that does not mean they are legit at all! Most asking for samples that would be exactly what they want done, are going to take it and run. Her being blocked by the scammer is proof enough of that.

GG

It makes perfect sense. I’ve had so many new orders because I showed people samples of my previous work and writing style.

However you are right about the non-specific samples - I should have emphasized that I ALWAYS send irrelevant samples AFTER someone has sent me a brief.

If they send a full brief, UP FRONT and IN FULL, I trust they’re not scammers (also their profiles and whether they’ve worked with other people should be taken into account).

Also, use your gut instinct. If a profile seems dodgy and looking for free work, don’t send it to them. People who are INTERESTED in working with you won’t have any issue whatsoever in explaining their brief and the job they want you to do for them. The scammers won’t reply.

Simple.

It makes perfect sense. I’ve had so many new orders because I showed people samples of my previous work and writing style.

However you are right about the non-specific samples - I should have emphasized that I ALWAYS send irrelevant samples AFTER someone has sent me a brief.

If they send a full brief, UP FRONT and IN FULL, I trust they’re not scammers (also their profiles and whether they’ve worked with other people should be taken into account).

Also, use your gut instinct. If a profile seems dodgy and looking for free work, don’t send it to them. People who are INTERESTED in working with you won’t have any issue whatsoever in explaining their brief and the job they want you to do for them. The scammers won’t reply.

Simple.

samples of my previous work and writing style.

Therein lies the ANSWER! You showed examples of something already written, not something geared to what the scammer is asking for. That is what we are all advising her to do - if she wants to offer a sample or in this case a better word is example, she can, but, do not write or do a project that fits what the scammer wants.

Most likely, this scammer asked her to write or do something specific to the task she should have been paid for, and called it a “sample”. It is sad that new sellers fall for this. More should come to the forums and ask first. We would all have their back and give them good ideas on how to handle things.

If a potential buyer is real and wants to make sure you can do something - another way is the seller can say, I will give a sample for $5 - the lowest price here, and if they balk, see ya!

Your points are good though, and I think the way I read them, made it seem as though you were advising her to send samples like she did and continue to get scammed.

I never look at profiles before I do work and never have. Now, if I get that odd buyer every blue Moon who gets weird, I may go look and see what they have been up to, and sure enough, they are trouble. But, I like to have an open mind and not prejudge someone on their experience they had with others.

I know in other categories this is not feasible and a good idea to see who they have worked with and how they were treated.

GG

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much for all your words.

The experience is low of new sellers like us and we are looking forward to doing any orders that suit us.

I will fix those issues by learning in the future.

Thanks again
Leonwg

Archived