HELP ME! How to export 18x18 px size PNG file in High Quality

aamarteam

Guest humanissocial

Are you a designer? or do you have deep knowledge of design principals?

I have been doing graphic design for the last 15 years, I can tell you I am still learning principals. As I said the OP is clearly a print guy, facing a problem like this doesn’t make him a fraud.

Exporting the Favicon could be a favor asked from the client. No big deal, relax.

Are you a designer? or do you have deep knowledge of design principals

Yesssss that’s why I’m saying all this.

I took a course that was literally all about this for my communications program.

I’m not saying he’s a fraud. I’m saying the client needs him to do something he actually doesn’t know how to do.

Making something work for print is very different from making something work for digital export. Otherwise it doesn’t look right when you print it. The resolution and colors will be way off.

By your logic I should accept a job to play trombone in a band even though I’ve never played it before. But I know the trumpet so it’s fine.

It’s not fine. It doesn’t matter if you’re good at other things if you could be messing up a design and not even realizing it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you a designer? or do you have deep knowledge of design principals

Yesssss that’s why I’m saying all this.

I took a course that was literally all about this for my communications program.

I’m not saying he’s a fraud. I’m saying the client needs him to do something he actually doesn’t know how to do.

Making something work for print is very different from making something work for digital export. Otherwise it doesn’t look right when you print it. The resolution and colors will be way off.

By your logic I should accept a job to play trombone in a band even though I’ve never played it before. But I know the trumpet so it’s fine.

It’s not fine. It doesn’t matter if you’re good at other things if you could be messing up a design and not even realizing it.

Good for you to be an expert after a course, I watched hundreds and still learning.

Now you are saying it’s the client’s mistake?

My logic is the following: I am a designer, I do graphic design, I know how to make good designs, my work is 100% for web, and I have never seen a printer. If a client asks me to adapt a poster to print, I should not faint, and I definitely should not refuse the request, because I am a designer, I can find a way to do that. On another hand, if the client asked me to play the trumpet for him, I will remind him that I am a designer.

Guest humanissocial

Good for you to be an expert after a course, I watched hundreds and still learning.

Now you are saying it’s the client’s mistake?

My logic is the following: I am a designer, I do graphic design, I know how to make good designs, my work is 100% for web, and I have never seen a printer. If a client asks me to adapt a poster to print, I should not faint, and I definitely should not refuse the request, because I am a designer, I can find a way to do that. On another hand, if the client asked me to play the trumpet for him, I will remind him that I am a designer.

Good for you to be an expert after a course, I watched hundreds and still learning

I never said I was an expert. I said I took a course and learned principles.

It’s unfortunate if you have watched hundreds of videos yet don’t understand why print and digital are vastly different or the ramifications of not understanding that.

If you want to preach humility, the best way to do thst is to not advocate people accepting projects they don’t know how to do properly.

Good for you to be an expert after a course, I watched hundreds and still learning

I never said I was an expert. I said I took a course and learned principles.

It’s unfortunate if you have watched hundreds of videos yet don’t understand why print and digital are vastly different or the ramifications of not understanding that.

If you want to preach humility, the best way to do thst is to not advocate people accepting projects they don’t know how to do properly.

I believe you misunderstood what I am saying, and I know this conversation is wasted while I try to prove something you are not an expert in (even after watching one course).

Relax and have a good day.

Badly Need Help!

One of my buyer Ordered to make an ICON design for him in 3 different sizes.

18x18 pixel

36x36 pixel

72x72 pixel

I designed the ICON in Illustrator. Now, the problem is when I export the file in PNG format it becomes too blurry. If I increase the DPI then the sizes automatically changes. I tried both PSD and AI and nothing works. My buyer needs high resolution (NOT SUPER HIGH, but Not blurry too) file and he said his competitors uses their ICONS in their website which is not blurry. Can anyone help me how can I export a PNG file in the above sizes which will be High quality?

Best Regards

PNG format it becomes too blurry.

Simple Fix: You will need to align the paths to the pixel grid. Make sure to use gridline every 1 pixel with 1 subdivision. The amount of work involved will depend entirely on the complexity of the icon.

Remember: Rectangles and Squares will appear crisp if aligned perfectly. Circles and other shapes will have few faded pixels alongside.

128176076_pixelsnapping.PNG.c51b73f01cc27580aa9edbebb7cc54af.PNG
pixel snapping406×654 13.8 KB

Good Luck!!

Guest humanissocial

I believe you misunderstood what I am saying, and I know this conversation is wasted while I try to prove something you are not an expert in (even after watching one course).

Relax and have a good day.

I try to prove something you are not an expert in (

Advocating for knowledge of principles is not claiming expertise. Literally my entire point was that this is basic stuff professionals should know. :roll_eyes:

You’re trying to discredit me with something that is the opposite of what I actually said. 😂

I try to prove something you are not an expert in (

Advocating for knowledge of principles is not claiming expertise. Literally my entire point was that this is basic stuff professionals should know. :roll_eyes:

You’re trying to discredit me with something that is the opposite of what I actually said. 😂

Think outside the box

Principles are meant to be broken

We call it creativity

And I’m only pulling your leg 👀

Anyway.

Not all courses are created the same. Many people do not join those extra long courses. It is always possible that a professional completed a short-form, bite-sized course, which didn’t include the basics.

The OP has actually demonstrated a positive attitude by trying to learn something new. only to meet the clients’ demands, even those that went beyond their usual offering.

Let’s cut them some slack.

Though, I agree that people should not offer services that they are not proficient in! Expertise is something different.

Guest humanissocial

Think outside the box

We call it creativity

And I’m only pulling your leg 👀

Anyway.

Not all courses are created the same. Many people do not join those extra long courses. It is always possible that a professional completed a short-form, bite-sized course, which didn’t include the basics.

The OP has actually demonstrated a positive attitude by trying to learn something new. only to meet the clients’ demands, even those that went beyond their usual offering.

Let’s cut them some slack.

Though, I agree that people should not offer services that they are not proficient in! Expertise is something different.

We call it creativity

Not the printing principles I referred to unless you want to convince a client discoloured, pixelated work is a necessary creative choice regardless of what they ordered.

We call it creativity

Not the printing principles I referred to unless you want to convince a client discoloured, pixelated work is a necessary creative choice regardless of what they ordered.

Printing principles?

My buyer needs high resolution (NOT SUPER HIGH, but Not blurry too) file and he said his competitors uses their ICONS in their website which is not blurry.

seem to be favicon sizes or something… There is not so much you can do about quality here. The only possibility to get better result is to design icon that is favicon “friendly”. I mean with less gradients, less detai,l with better contrast, etc…

I write ads.

Just had Visa trying to sell me over touch-less payments and Google over how they ask twice (and make you tap four times) for a single payment.

A discolored, pixelated work will certainly make one curious. Especially if the brand is trying to associate itself with old-school video games.

Your reply was exactly what I had in mind.

As a designer you tend to specialize in one area and it’s fairly common to arrive at something you’ve never done before.

The fact that the seller came on the Fiverr forum in full panic mode is a completely different thing.

I do hope the OP will learn from this experience and can do a bit of research before they take on a task they’ve never done before.

Exactly ! I am also want tell same ! Sometime it happened . There is no limit of knowledge . Sometime small problem we cant solved by own . Need Help !!

High resolution means more pixels, increasing the dpi will not help in any way.

If someone is selling design services, they really should know this.

It’s frustrating to see people charging money for things when they don’t yet know the fundamentals.

I wonder why graphic designer asks such a question…

Exactly.

Looks like, a lot of experts came here to criticize my case instead of giving proper suggestions and still they did not say what is the current solutions.

Point 01: Well, I see some of the people here said to take the artwork size 18x18 when I make the ICON/FAVICON. For your kind information I took this size when designing and export the PNG file in the same size but it is still the same problem.

Point 02: Some said, I should not sell a service that I don’t know. I would like to request them to visit my profile and see with his/her naked eyes if I actually sell exactly this service at all and even whether I am a new designer or not. Sometimes, you’ll get some unexpected request from your client IN YOUR WORK SECTOR that should try to do although you’re not familiar with it properly. That’s why we’re here to help each other, aren’t we?

Point 03: Some said to export in SVG, I mentioned in my post about PNG format only. Not others.

When I save the 18x18 px artwork from AI to PNG in 72 DPI then it looks very blurry. If I increase the DPI (I know it’s not the rules) the sizes of the artwork is automatically increased. You should know I draw it in Illustrator and It is vector file.

Can anyone try by yourself a demo vector into 18x18 px and comment here by exporting as a PNG file to see how’s the quality look like?

@montaaz I agree with you brother. The Graphic designing is not a sector where you’ll be expert and open a shop to sell your services without having updated regularly which means there is no limit of knowledge and we will find new things that we did not know. If someone is claiming or acting like she is an expert and blaming others without knowing anything about him, know that she is not a human but alien… lol…

Enjoy 🙂

Looks like, a lot of experts came here to criticize my case instead of giving proper suggestions and still they did not say what is the current solutions.

Point 01: Well, I see some of the people here said to take the artwork size 18x18 when I make the ICON/FAVICON. For your kind information I took this size when designing and export the PNG file in the same size but it is still the same problem.

Point 02: Some said, I should not sell a service that I don’t know. I would like to request them to visit my profile and see with his/her naked eyes if I actually sell exactly this service at all and even whether I am a new designer or not. Sometimes, you’ll get some unexpected request from your client IN YOUR WORK SECTOR that should try to do although you’re not familiar with it properly. That’s why we’re here to help each other, aren’t we?

Point 03: Some said to export in SVG, I mentioned in my post about PNG format only. Not others.

When I save the 18x18 px artwork from AI to PNG in 72 DPI then it looks very blurry. If I increase the DPI (I know it’s not the rules) the sizes of the artwork is automatically increased. You should know I draw it in Illustrator and It is vector file.

Can anyone try by yourself a demo vector into 18x18 px and comment here by exporting as a PNG file to see how’s the quality look like?

@montaaz I agree with you brother. The Graphic designing is not a sector where you’ll be expert and open a shop to sell your services without having updated regularly which means there is no limit of knowledge and we will find new things that we did not know. If someone is claiming or acting like she is an expert and blaming others without knowing anything about him, know that she is not a human but alien… lol…

Enjoy 🙂

I also make sub badge design which has the same sizes you mentioned. It is supposed to be blurry, there’s not much you can do about it. I make my design on a 500px canvas and try to make it as square as possible, so it would look bigger. If 72px looks okay, I dont think there would be problem

Enjoy 🙂

Blavaro did that early in this topic with Fiverr logo.

And someone also had good suggestion to use pixel grid alignment when drawing.

Some sellers are really rude here… He asked a very simple question & some sellers are being ignorant for no reason at all… I mean 18x18 size is not that easy. He wanted a high quality favicon or icon.

Guys help him or please don’t reply if you don’t know anything about graphic designing. Some even told him to go to Adobe forums for this… I mean WTF 😅

I also make sub badge design which has the same sizes you mentioned. It is supposed to be blurry, there’s not much you can do about it. I make my design on a 500px canvas and try to make it as square as possible, so it would look bigger. If 72px looks okay, I dont think there would be problem

exactly, Or instead going for 3 sizes 72x72 and other two. You can go for one 112x112 and twitch will automatically manage its sizes.

I believe you are doing it for twitch emote or twitch sub badge.

Im also providing services for twitch, so there is no way and infact no need to have better quality.

If it looks good without zooming in, you are good to go.

Client says it looks very tiny when he upload

Guest humanissocial

Enjoy 🙂

Sometimes, you’ll get some unexpected request from your client IN YOUR WORK SECTOR that should try to do although you’re not familiar with it properly. That’s why we’re here to help each other, aren’t we?

No we’re not here to do things we don’t know how to do.

It has nothing to do with sector, but with principles of the actual request, which you said yourself you don’t know. Thats the whole reason you opened this thread. You dont understand and want us to show you.

No, we’re not here to do work we don’t understand. Believe it or not, there are people who actually understand and don’t need to ask in an forum for to do the job properly. Maybe they should do the job ?

Sometimes, you’ll get some unexpected request from your client IN YOUR WORK SECTOR that should try to do although you’re not familiar with it properly. That’s why we’re here to help each other, aren’t we?

No we’re not here to do things we don’t know how to do.

It has nothing to do with sector, but with principles of the actual request, which you said yourself you don’t know. Thats the whole reason you opened this thread. You dont understand and want us to show you.

No, we’re not here to do work we don’t understand. Believe it or not, there are people who actually understand and don’t need to ask in an forum for to do the job properly. Maybe they should do the job ?

I am here not to argue but to find my solutions. If you can’t help, simply ignore it.

Guest humanissocial

I am here not to argue but to find my solutions. If you can’t help, simply ignore it.

No I won’t ignore when people charge clients money for things they dont know how to do.

Get some ethics and then you won’t need to vent in the forum.

The forum isn’t here to help you get paid to do things you don’t understand.

Archived