STOP w/ the Fiverr Watermark

vendormyevent

Had I not been a long term client of my provider I would have snapped. Imagine being on a different coast, accepting order and going to upload and wallah! The good Ol’ Fiverr Watermark. This should be mutually agreed upon by parties. It’s inconvenient and I’ve paid, rated and reviewed. So highly irritatingly inconvenient.

The watermark will disappear once you have accepted the order. You will need to re-download the work after the order has been marked as complete for the watermark to be removed.

Read more about Fiverr watermarks here and how they help protect a seller’s work:

favicon-32x32.png.cd39bec00dfc0c9d9999f6b054282503.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.ebfca11f47e2eccb18353e08aaad9ebc.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

There’s nothing inconvenient about it. Once you are happy with the design and complete the order, you can download the file without watermark. Until the order is complete, you haven’t really paid (funds are locked until order completion), and you don’t need the file without watermark, since you are not entitled to use it anyway until the order is completed.

You used to be able to turn it on/off yourself, then they removed that feature while still keeping the switch in the design. So I was turning it on/off like a silly person and my regular trustworthy buyers kept complaining about it.

It’ll go away once accept the delivery. I.e., the second you get all the rights and reasons to use the delivery as you please. If it doesn’t go away, it means that it’s a bug (happened to me a few times). It’s annoying but it’s pretty rare (once/twice a year rare, I mean).

I don’t see the issue. If you want to avoid the watermark when sharing designs with your client, simply upload it to a cloud provider like Google Drive or Dropbox in addition to attaching it to your delivery.

You have to deliver something when you send the order to the buyer, so always make sure you do that, but it’s totally fine to provide a link to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder in addition. I often do this on larger orders that involves many files, to make it easier for the buyer to download the delivery and access it in a secure manner.

Problem solved. 🙂

Archived