Someone has copied my gig image

rifat_newaz1998

Guest saifulwp

Firstly you can ask him, why he copy your gig image. then you tell him to remove the image. If he didn’t remove an image you should contact the customer support of Fiverr.

I hate to say it but is this a Template image that any person could have a high probability of putting together?

I ask seeing my understanding of Canva is that it is where you get a whole bunch of clip art and templates with some ability to arrange them. If so, it is most likely that many people will chose exactly the same combination of parts and come up with the same outcome.

🙂

I hate to say it but is this a Template image that any person could have a high probability of putting together?

If it’s a design template (free or not), OP has zero rights to claim ownership. It’s like showing up to a party wearing the same dress. It’s awkward but other than that, both parties got it legitimately. Both can wear it.

If it’s a unique design done by OP (punching in different text and stretching the font differently doesn’t count as customization), then there is a case for reporting the gig.

I ask seeing my understanding of Canva is that it is where you get a whole bunch of clip art and templates with some ability to arrange them. If so, it is most likely that many people will chose exactly the same combination of parts and come up with the same outcome.

🙂

If so, it is most likely that many people will chose exactly the same combination of parts and come up with the same outcome.

If it’s a unique design done by OP (punching in different text and stretching the font differently doesn’t count as customization), then there is a case for reporting the gig.

All valid points but in this case, yes it is a template from Canva, but she did not recreate it in Canva, she screenshotted or downloaded his image and point blank uploaded it as hers because no way in the universe would she go to Canva, find his template, track his font and use it for the title then use the color finder to track his shade of green and font to type the value of the GIG. And then placed all of that in the exact identical spot as he did.

It is one thing for 10 people to use the same template but for nine people to use the same template and copy-paste what the first guy did to modify and upgrade the template…

Freepick template:

image.jpg.baef86c691a7218515526e226d22f6bd.jpg
image893×484 55.5 KB

Designer upgrade:

image.jpg.6130e7e2de173eeedd178ab52dd90c81.jpg
image875×488 58.8 KB

So the first image anyone can use but second no, that is the designer vision and skills applied to the template.

If so, it is most likely that many people will chose exactly the same combination of parts and come up with the same outcome.

All valid points but in this case, yes it is a template from Canva, but she did not recreate it in Canva, she screenshotted or downloaded his image and point blank uploaded it as hers because no way in the universe would she go to Canva, find his template, track his font and use it for the title then use the color finder to track his shade of green and font to type the value of the GIG. And then placed all of that in the exact identical spot as he did.

It is one thing for 10 people to use the same template but for nine people to use the same template and copy-paste what the first guy did to modify and upgrade the template…

Freepick template:

Designer upgrade:

So the first image anyone can use but second no, that is the designer vision and skills applied to the template.

but she did not recreate it in Canva, she screenshotted or downloaded his image

There is no case here regardless of how the look was obtained. If it looks consistent with the template everyone can access and use, there is nothing here to claim. Even if she screenshot it. It’s not unique, it’s publicly accessible.

If it was a custom template, it’d be a different story. Because she verifiably wouldn’t be able to access it in any other way except stealing a custom design someone else paid for.

I still think it’s silly and desperate to copy someone else’s gig images. Don’t do it, folks. It’s honestly embarrassing.

Archived