My Account got Hacked with 2000$ inside it

mobhervr4

Hi,

my sister’s account is : (Moderators asks me to remove this)

She is 14 years old and she is really talented at drawing Chibi characters.
Which is what her gigs offer.

Anyway, one of her customers contacted her
3 days ago and sent her a file,
she opened it because she didn’t know it may be a virus or a harmful file.

By that, this hacker got access to her email,
he made some orders using the balance,
and change the account’s email & deletes it,
we don’t know what he did exactly he did too.

I checked my sister’s email, there were a lot of messages in the trash section

one of them is this

11524157_2aaeda54233573ac6778399a03c27ab42d6baabf(1).thumb.png.4e77ba32adb78705a78deb84c72804eb.png
2aaeda54233573ac6778399a03c27ab42d6baabf (1)1080×2280 168 KB

So, this hacker used my sister’s account to buy a service from a new unknown seller
that costs 900$
and he even left him a tip of 250$!

favicon.png.266d4ae6cc10f31e10aae6505a73a4d9.png ImgBB tip.png.f32b96b2128e7f5bbb758eea957b7e2a.png

tip

Image tip hosted in ImgBB

I mean OMG who pays 1150$ for a service that can be delivered in 1min.

is it too hard for Fiverr system to auto-detect this kind of behavior?

please visit and report his account
(Moderators asks me to remove this)

she was working really hard for the past months to buy a new laptop!
Also, Fiverr team should really work to make the platform safer!

for example

• someone with a new account with 0 selling, suddenly got paid 900$ and 250$ tip and deliver confirmed at the same time … for real this kind of behavior should be auto-detected by the system!
  • having a virus scanner to scan all files uploaded, or at least prevent uploading something contain .exe and other harmful files!

Guest lloydsolutions

You need to remove the username of the other party as naming and shaming buyers and sellers is not allowed on the forum.

Customer Support will help you with this.

Even if it would take weeks to get a response (Which it won’t) an order you didn’t give permission for can still be refunded even if the funds are withdrawn already. The balance will just go to negative for the seller if there’s no balance currently. And if the seller is a honest person and not the hacker themselves, they do usually get compensated by Fiverr for a big cancellation that was out of their hands.

But as it’s an urgent issue, a ticket is very slow indeed. Best to use other communication methods which people have been mentioning here already.

It’s a shame that Fiverr has not integrated anti-virus/malware scanner to their attachment system. It’s such an easy and cheap thing to do, and if it’s a good one, nobody would get hacked anymore if they always get a warning about the attachment being unsafe.

Even if it would take weeks to get a response (Which it won’t) an order you didn’t give permission for can still be refunded even if the funds are withdrawn already. The balance will just go to negative for the seller if there’s no balance currently. And if the seller is a honest person and not the hacker themselves, they do usually get compensated by Fiverr for a big cancellation that was out of their hands.

But as it’s an urgent issue, a ticket is very slow indeed. Best to use other communication methods which people have been mentioning here already.

It’s a shame that Fiverr has not integrated anti-virus/malware scanner to their attachment system. It’s such an easy and cheap thing to do, and if it’s a good one, nobody would get hacked anymore if they always get a warning about the attachment being unsafe.

It’s a shame that Fiverr has not integrated anti-virus/malware scanner to their attachment system. It’s such an easy and cheap thing to do

They already have this, but some files can’t be effectively scanned this way. If you get something like a .txt document or Word file those will be scanned, but this is more difficult for stuff like .exe files. This is why you should have your own anti-virus and never run .exe files or other suspicious attachments.

Guest humanissocial

It’s a shame that Fiverr has not integrated anti-virus/malware scanner to their attachment system. It’s such an easy and cheap thing to do

They already have this, but some files can’t be effectively scanned this way. If you get something like a .txt document or Word file those will be scanned, but this is more difficult for stuff like .exe files. This is why you should have your own anti-virus and never run .exe files or other suspicious attachments.

This is why you should have your own anti-virus and never run .exe files or other suspicious attachments

Absolutely.

All businesses need to have knowledge of cybersecurity plus tools to protect yourself.

It’s not okay to put the security of clients at risk and it’s totally preventable and it doesn’t become ok just because the seller is 14 years old.

.exe files should also be easy to scan. There’s lots of free sites where you can submit an exe file and multiple different anti-virus providers will scan the file. So they could make it so that any executable would be uploaded to such a virus check first.

But easier would be just to block attaching .exe/.bat files or archives with one inside, that I believe no service provider would need a buyer to provide.

But yeah, I agree that ultimately it’s the person’s responsibility to know that attachments can be unsafe, so not really Fiverr’s responsibility.

Archived