Can I collaborate with other freelancers!?

charlesmonod

Hi everyone!

I am on the look out for one (or several) sellers to build long term relationships with, and I would like some tips on how to recruit.

I am not looking to recruit here, do not apply

I have already ordered 20+ gigs on Fiverr, most were a good experience. I am now starting a Digital Marketing Agency and would like to offer my clients logo design services and outsource them. I also need from time to time help with bulk photo editing (typically after a photo shoot for a business).

How do you think I should go about trying to find someone? I was thinking of posting a request, explaining the process, and do like a questionnaire to find out more about the sellers, as trying an order with everyone would be too costly probably… Did anyone do something similar before? Any suggestions?

Kind regards and thank you all in advance for your help,
Charles

On 1/4/2020 at 5:55 PM, charlesmonod said:

Ok that is good to know, thank you very much. Any particular reason?

- Some buyers have been taken advantage of. 

They’ll buy from who they think is a creator, then the reseller doesn’t deliver what they ordered, because the reseller bought it from someone else but couldn’t give detailed specifications, or outsourced it to someone without the skill. 

- Some sellers have been taken advantage of. 

They are ordered from, but after the seller delivers, the ‘buyer’ tries to get them to cancel the order. Or, the reseller says their client isn’t satisfied with the results, and the actual order isn’t something the seller can do, or is beyond the scope of the original order. 

Thus: Unfortunately, the forums is where both sides come to vent their frustration, and since we don’t hear of any cases where it goes smoothly, we only hear the bad. 

Hi everyone!

I am on the look out for one (or several) sellers to build long term relationships with, and I would like some tips on how to recruit.

I am not looking to recruit here, do not apply

I have already ordered 20+ gigs on Fiverr, most were a good experience. I am now starting a Digital Marketing Agency and would like to offer my clients logo design services and outsource them. I also need from time to time help with bulk photo editing (typically after a photo shoot for a business).

How do you think I should go about trying to find someone? I was thinking of posting a request, explaining the process, and do like a questionnaire to find out more about the sellers, as trying an order with everyone would be too costly probably… Did anyone do something similar before? Any suggestions?

Kind regards and thank you all in advance for your help,

Charles

It’s pretty simple to be honest. Order services from a seller. If you like their work then order again when you need to. And again. And again. Don’t mention long term at all. I have lots of long term clients (some 3-4 years) and none of them mentioned it - they just order when they need to.

If you started a conversation by talking about a long term relationship with me I would likely give you little attention. I haven’t counted the exact number but from the number of people who message me about long term relationships, I would estimate around 9 billion people are trying to make money without doing much (they call it arbitrage).

These people generally want the cheapest work, more than what they pay for and ultimately aren’t the decision makers on the final delivery so they are really really annoying to deal with as they go to check things with their client and come back a week or month later to ask for a “little change” which turns out to be completely different from their brief.

So, if you want to pursue this idea then simply order from people. If you want samples for your site then order and pay for them. If you want to discuss about creating an order process for your clients, ask about a custom offer to cover the seller’s time. Don’t try get help with the promise of future work - no self-respecting seller will give you this and you will end up “partnering” with some incompetent desperate seller. You don’t want that.

Don’t disclose the “long term collaboration” plans, do disclose that you will be reselling the work. This way, you’ll avoid hitting two major red flags at once: promising “a lot of work” before completing a single project together AND (secretly) not being an end customer.

I’d create a small-ish test job, select applicants based on portfolios/reviews, hire some, select a couple based on results. This way, you’d have a plan B in case your first choice isn’t available anymore for whatever reason.

Logo in particular is a unique product that you can buy for $50 and resell for $500 with a bit of polish and some management skills. No one really wants to get paid $50 and then plow through $500 worth of revisions. I’m being a bit dramatic with numbers but that would be an overall idea of why some freelancers might reject the idea of working with resellers.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!

Now, I couldn’t really find the answer, so I hope here’s someone who can provide some guidance!

Here’s the thing: I’m getting looots of proposals. More than I can handle.

Of course, I could (and will) raise the prices, but am I allowed to hire another freelancer to do the extra work?

As in, I get a project’s proposal. I accept it. Then, I hire another freelancer, and he delivers me the finished result, which I then send to the client.

Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance!

On 4/25/2020 at 10:06 AM, sidorissimomike said:

I dont think its possible to get another person to work with you directly, however, you can hire other freelancers on Fiverr

I guess I wasn’t clear. My bad.

I’m thinking whether such variation of outsourcing follows the rules.

The whole partnering between sellers in the same category. Can’t that get me banned?

I’m thinking of simply providing a project’s outline to another freelancer, so he does the ‘hard work’ and I can take up more orders. Just worried this might be some kind of rule violation.

I’m thinking of simply providing a project’s outline to another freelancer, so he does the ‘hard work’ and I can take up more orders. Just worried this might be some kind of rule violation.

Reselling is against fiverr TOS, you can contact customer support and tell them the whole situation.

Reselling is against fiverr TOS, you can contact customer support and tell them the whole situation.

Thank you! That’s what I tought and no way I would risk my account without making sure whether this is allowed.

All clear, just raising the prices then!

Thank you! That’s what I tought and no way I would risk my account without making sure whether this is allowed.

All clear, just raising the prices then!

Another alternative is to open an account on another freelance platform as a client and post jobs to recruit freelancers that are good. You pay and they have your job delivered.

What you are describing is called arbitrage, and while frowned up by some (and possibly problematic if you end up having cancelations or buyers dissatisfied with the service) it does not explicitly break any rules. As long as you don’t make false claims, and deliver what was agreed upon, it’s legit.

What you are describing is called arbitrage, and while frowned up by some (and possibly problematic if you end up having cancelations or buyers dissatisfied with the service) it does not explicitly break any rules. As long as you don’t make false claims, and deliver what was agreed upon, it’s legit.

Thanks for the response, but yeah, now I’m a little confused as another member described this as ‘reselling’, which is TOS violation.

Of course, I’m aware that I would have to ask for longer deadlines (so I can fix errors made by the freelancers). That wouldn’t be much of a problem.

Really don’t want to ‘gamble’ on this as you probably know the value of your account!.

Thanks for the response, but yeah, now I’m a little confused as another member described this as ‘reselling’, which is TOS violation.

Of course, I’m aware that I would have to ask for longer deadlines (so I can fix errors made by the freelancers). That wouldn’t be much of a problem.

Really don’t want to ‘gamble’ on this as you probably know the value of your account!.

Yes I think raising your prices will get you better clients who are willing to pay for your service. It’s good to know there is a demand for what you do. Other buyers on Fiverr hire me for voiceover to ad to their finished product but that is a buyer situation. There is now a Beta on the Fiverr Studio where you can pick a team of people to collaborate with and get your project finished for your client. This is NEW To Fiverr and I think you have to be invited by Fiverr to have a STUDIO. Once you set up your studio it gives you access to other Fiverr sellers to have on your team. So if I created a STUDIO to create live explainer videos I would reach out to another Studio member to get parts of the project completed, while I created only the voiceover and wrote the script, my team would create the other pieces like visuals. It’s a very interesting Beta and allows you to scale your business. Just keep doing your research. Thank you for reaching out. What is your service?

Yes I think raising your prices will get you better clients who are willing to pay for your service. It’s good to know there is a demand for what you do. Other buyers on Fiverr hire me for voiceover to ad to their finished product but that is a buyer situation. There is now a Beta on the Fiverr Studio where you can pick a team of people to collaborate with and get your project finished for your client. This is NEW To Fiverr and I think you have to be invited by Fiverr to have a STUDIO. Once you set up your studio it gives you access to other Fiverr sellers to have on your team. So if I created a STUDIO to create live explainer videos I would reach out to another Studio member to get parts of the project completed, while I created only the voiceover and wrote the script, my team would create the other pieces like visuals. It’s a very interesting Beta and allows you to scale your business. Just keep doing your research. Thank you for reaching out. What is your service?

Thank you for the detailed reply!

I’m also looking into the studio option, but as a copywriter, I’d prefer to find anoter copywriter to whom I could simply, send a Word document with the requirements, guidelines and then just edit it before sending to a client.

That would be very convenient for me (and I could help some less experienced freelancer), but I think (not sure) , I’ve heard this is against TOS.

Thank you for the detailed reply!

I’m also looking into the studio option, but as a copywriter, I’d prefer to find anoter copywriter to whom I could simply, send a Word document with the requirements, guidelines and then just edit it before sending to a client.

That would be very convenient for me (and I could help some less experienced freelancer), but I think (not sure) , I’ve heard this is against TOS.

That is not against TOS as far as I can see. Unless you’re lying to the client (“I will do everything myself”) there are no rules against hiring third parties to do parts of projects.

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2021 at 1:09 PM, sandrahougnton said:

How you recruit new seller?

What are you trying to recruit sellers for?

How you treat them

Treat everyone -- buyer or seller -- fairly, honestly, and respectfully.

What is your opinion about Us?

Who is "us"?

Archived