Buyer given me one star rating and negative feedback

eshanz7

Check the buyer’s profile. He has already threatened someone before you. He is just playing.

You can directly say him “NO” for further work because he has already left a review.

Good sleuthing!! LOL… Yes, it looks like he has a habit of doing this. I would report and block immediately.

Send them one message where you:

1. Tell them you’re not interested in working with them anymore.
  2. Tell them that the job was done and the job was approved.
  3. Attach the screenshots where the buyer approves the job and where the buyer try to blackmail you into doing more work and promising to change the review for that.

(You’ll be doing it for CS if they ever want to look into your inbox and you’ll be doing it for the buyer to show that you understand what they’re trying to do and you won’t fall for it).

Then block them. It’s very unfortunate what happened but changing a review is almost impossible so you have to accept the 1* and move on. Don’t let them blackmail you. They are not going to try and change your review whatever you do.

So i should contact cs for this ? are you sure if i get a warning etc

So i should contact cs for this ? are you sure if i get a warning etc

I didn’t tell you to contact CS anywhere in my comment. It’s up to you. I mentioned CS in case the buyer tries to report you and CS will have to look through the communication in your inbox.

You absolutely shouldn’t work or communicate with the buyer anymore, though. Block him for sure, you did nothing wrong.

@eshanz7, Here is a review from your buyer’s profile. It shows that your buyer has a history of trying to steal work from other sellers too. I always check the profile of any buyer that contacts me to see if there are any reviews like this. If there are I will not work with them, even if it means cancelling an order.

I have completed this buyer all requirements in agreed price. I delivered the work. He asked me to do more work for him when I said I am not available he threaten me and said he will leave a bad review if I don’t take his work on his terms and conditions. He also threaten to report me for false.

So what i should do sir he is forcing me to work ?

No he ain’t, boss. He already closed and rated the order. He literally can’t make you do anything. Ignore him, take the hit to your ratings, and move on.

I feel awful for you, but there’s nothing you can do unless you want to risk having your account closed.

@eshanz7, Here is a review from your buyer’s profile. It shows that your buyer has a history of trying to steal work from other sellers too. I always check the profile of any buyer that contacts me to see if there are any reviews like this. If there are I will not work with them, even if it means cancelling an order.

I have completed this buyer all requirements in agreed price. I delivered the work. He asked me to do more work for him when I said I am not available he threaten me and said he will leave a bad review if I don’t take his work on his terms and conditions. He also threaten to report me for false.

Wow. What a horrible person.

I didn’t tell you to contact CS anywhere in my comment. It’s up to you. I mentioned CS in case the buyer tries to report you and CS will have to look through the communication in your inbox.

You absolutely shouldn’t work or communicate with the buyer anymore, though. Block him for sure, you did nothing wrong.

How to justify this one star review how should i replie to that ?

How to justify this one star review how should i replie to that ?

You can see another seller who was in a similar situation on this buyer’s profile. Just briefly explain what happened like he did. The buyer approved the work, then left 1* and said he’ll fix it if you do more free work for him. It was a bad experience and you won’t be working with this person again.

I had a similar case last summer. I have been a Fiverr seller for 7 years and have 5 star feedback from hundreds of jobs. A buyer claimed to be unhappy with my work, left a 1 star review and asked for a refund. I went straight to Customer Support. So long as you can demonstrate that you delivered work inline with the expectations of your gig, and that you maintained a clear and polite exchange with the ‘client from hell’ then Customer Support should help you. In my case they refused the buyer’s refund and removed the unfair feedback from my profile. I have read many stories where CS apparently weren’t helpful to the seller - but in my case they were excellent.

Hi Michael, I’m really curious about your message here. I think we’ve all had a difficult buyer like this in the past - I think the grey area however, is when its the buyers choice to leave the bad review, and whether CS will be able to help with that. I’m super glad in your case they did, was this because the buyer asked for a refund only after completing the work?

Hi Michael, I’m really curious about your message here. I think we’ve all had a difficult buyer like this in the past - I think the grey area however, is when its the buyers choice to leave the bad review, and whether CS will be able to help with that. I’m super glad in your case they did, was this because the buyer asked for a refund only after completing the work?

I’m happy to reply! I’m a proofreader who uses track changes in Microsoft Word. In my case I was able to show CS the document the nightmare client sent me to work on vs the work I returned to the client with (from memory) around 400 suggested improvements (which also included notes about why I had suggested some of the main changes). It was very clear that I had delivered the gig as described and that the client was simply trying to get a freebie.

However, I do agree with you that there is a vast grey area where buyers leave poor reviews - and sellers can’t really do much about it. That is why in some of my other posts on this forum I stress the importance of presenting CS with evidence. It’s no good just saying “it’s unfair” - you have to give evidence.

I’m happy to reply! I’m a proofreader who uses track changes in Microsoft Word. In my case I was able to show CS the document the nightmare client sent me to work on vs the work I returned to the client with (from memory) around 400 suggested improvements (which also included notes about why I had suggested some of the main changes). It was very clear that I had delivered the gig as described and that the client was simply trying to get a freebie.

However, I do agree with you that there is a vast grey area where buyers leave poor reviews - and sellers can’t really do much about it. That is why in some of my other posts on this forum I stress the importance of presenting CS with evidence. It’s no good just saying “it’s unfair” - you have to give evidence.

Hey, thanks so much for replying - really appreciate that.

I’m super glad that you managed to get this sorted with evidence! This is really helpful for anyone on the forum looking for advice. I’ve worked on here for quite a few years and I know that the feeling of not wanting to do something wrong can often leave most of us just ‘dealing’ with a situation like the above rather than asking for help, but I really appreciate you explaining that. I was curious to find how you resolved this - this is great.

Thanks 🙂

Archived