Buyer given me one star rating and negative feedback

eshanz7

Hi

My buyer given me one star rating. He also given me bad feedback. He asked me if you want to make things good b.w us then do this work for me and he said he will resolve everything. What should i do please seniors guide. before delivery i asked him if everything is fine he said yes everything is good. but he given me one star rating and negative feedback what i should do ?

Thanks
eshanz7

Hi

My buyer given me one star rating. He also given me bad feedback. He asked me if you want to make things good b.w us then do this work for me and he said he will resolve everything. What should i do please seniors guide. before delivery i asked him if everything is fine he said yes everything is good. but he given me one star rating and negative feedback what i should do ?

Thanks

eshanz7

He asked me if you want to make things good b.w us then do this work me and he said he will resolve everything.

There’s no option for buyers to change a review. If the buyer contacts CS to try to change the review and CS think you asked them to you might get a warning.

He asked me if you want to make things good b.w us then do this work me and he said he will resolve everything.

There’s no option for buyers to change a review. If the buyer contacts CS to try to change the review and CS think you asked them to you might get a warning.

So what i should do sir he is forcing me to work ?

Almost sounds as though your buyer wants you to do some free work.

As said above, once they leave a rating, that is it. If they were to contact Fiverr to change it, it could get your account a warning, which you definitely do not want.

I would BLOCK this buyer if I were you.

GG

If i block this buyer maybe he report me ?

So what i should do sir he is forcing me to work ?

The buyer CANNOT force you to work!

He already left a rating. He cannot change it.

He is trying to manipulate you into thinking he can or will in order to get free work.

BLOCK this buyer!

Why would he report you? Did you do something to make him want to complain about you? If you have not done anything wrong, then just block this person from further contact with you.

GG

The buyer CANNOT force you to work!

He already left a rating. He cannot change it.

He is trying to manipulate you into thinking he can or will in order to get free work.

BLOCK this buyer!

Why would he report you? Did you do something to make him want to complain about you? If you have not done anything wrong, then just block this person from further contact with you.

GG

He asked me that do this work for me then i will place an another order and i also resolve everything no i had done any thing wrong.

If i block this buyer maybe he report me ?

The only thing I’d be careful of with blocking is if they have free revisions left. Maybe wait at least 14 days before blocking. But if they have free revisions left CS might expect them to be able to take take them a long time after completion. I’m not sure. Fiverr should be more clear on when it’s okay to block.

If you delivered the work that they asked for and there’s no issue with what was delivered and they don’t want a revision to that work maybe just leave it or possibly block or wait a certain amount of days before blocking. Or check with CS to see what they say re: whether it’s okay to block. It probably is.

The only thing I’d be careful of with blocking is if they have free revisions left. Maybe wait at least 14 days before blocking. But if they have free revisions left CS might expect them to be able to take take them a long time after completion. I’m not sure. Fiverr should be more clear on when it’s okay to block.

If you delivered the work that they asked for and there’s no issue with what was delivered and they don’t want a revision to that work maybe just leave it or possibly block or wait a certain amount of days before blocking. Or check with CS to see what they say re: whether it’s okay to block. It probably is.

Free revisions means

A revision is when you deliver the work or project, and the buyer wants you to change something about the final product you delivered. FREE means no charge - do you offer ANY revisions with this Gig that this guy bought?

GG

Yes two revisions i mentioned

Yes two revisions i mentioned

If your Gig offers 2 revisions, then you have to do those for the client. If the client is trying to get something completely different that has nothing to do with what you delivered (meaning, it isn’t a revision, but something new he wants you to do free) then I would tell him the revisions are for the delivered product, not for some new idea or work he wants you to do.

GG

If your Gig offers 2 revisions, then you have to do those for the client. If the client is trying to get something completely different that has nothing to do with what you delivered (meaning, it isn’t a revision, but something new he wants you to do free) then I would tell him the revisions are for the delivered product, not for some new idea or work he wants you to do.

GG

no he is okay with the work i delivered but he wants me to do more work on less rates

no he is okay with the work i delivered but he wants me to do more work on less rates

Right! That is WRONG!!! You are under NO obligation to do FREE work! He got his job, slammed you in the ratings, and now thinks you are too stupid to realize he is trying to con you into giving him free work, and by some miracle, he will either go and “fix” the rating to something “nice” OR he will actually place an order and PAY.

This guy is a rip-off artist. It is common here. Especially new sellers who are easily manipulated because they do not want to make anyone mad.

The one star and negative feedback is not going anywhere - and, will not destroy your profile unless you are new and cannot generate more work. This person knows what they are doing. They are manipulating you into doing free work.

So, how would you feel if you did this unrelated work (cheaper or free) and this guy gives you another bad rating?

Do what you want, but, this person is bad news and I would have blocked them.

GG

Right! That is WRONG!!! You are under NO obligation to do FREE work! He got his job, slammed you in the ratings, and now thinks you are too stupid to realize he is trying to con you into giving him free work, and by some miracle, he will either go and “fix” the rating to something “nice” OR he will actually place an order and PAY.

This guy is a rip-off artist. It is common here. Especially new sellers who are easily manipulated because they do not want to make anyone mad.

The one star and negative feedback is not going anywhere - and, will not destroy your profile unless you are new and cannot generate more work. This person knows what they are doing. They are manipulating you into doing free work.

So, how would you feel if you did this unrelated work (cheaper or free) and this guy gives you another bad rating?

Do what you want, but, this person is bad news and I would have blocked them.

GG

Thanks i got it and you are absolutely right

Send them one message where you:

1. Tell them you’re not interested in working with them anymore.
  2. Tell them that the job was done and the job was approved.
  3. Attach the screenshots where the buyer approves the job and where the buyer try to blackmail you into doing more work and promising to change the review for that.

(You’ll be doing it for CS if they ever want to look into your inbox and you’ll be doing it for the buyer to show that you understand what they’re trying to do and you won’t fall for it).

Then block them. It’s very unfortunate what happened but changing a review is almost impossible so you have to accept the 1* and move on. Don’t let them blackmail you. They are not going to try and change your review whatever you do.

Even if the buyer have free revisions left you are not obliged to work on the same order as the order is complete.

unless you have mentions that you will provide revisions even after the completion of order.

Also the review can not be changed. ( Never ever ask your buyer about the review, you will end up getting a warning for that)

What ever the review is just live with it

Send them one message where you:

1. Tell them you’re not interested in working with them anymore.
  2. Tell them that the job was done and the job was approved.
  3. Attach the screenshots where the buyer approves the job and where the buyer try to blackmail you into doing more work and promising to change the review for that.

(You’ll be doing it for CS if they ever want to look into your inbox and you’ll be doing it for the buyer to show that you understand what they’re trying to do and you won’t fall for it).

Then block them. It’s very unfortunate what happened but changing a review is almost impossible so you have to accept the 1* and move on. Don’t let them blackmail you. They are not going to try and change your review whatever you do.

I had a similar case last summer. I have been a Fiverr seller for 7 years and have 5 star feedback from hundreds of jobs. A buyer claimed to be unhappy with my work, left a 1 star review and asked for a refund. I went straight to Customer Support. So long as you can demonstrate that you delivered work inline with the expectations of your gig, and that you maintained a clear and polite exchange with the ‘client from hell’ then Customer Support should help you. In my case they refused the buyer’s refund and removed the unfair feedback from my profile. I have read many stories where CS apparently weren’t helpful to the seller - but in my case they were excellent.

I had a similar case last summer. I have been a Fiverr seller for 7 years and have 5 star feedback from hundreds of jobs. A buyer claimed to be unhappy with my work, left a 1 star review and asked for a refund. I went straight to Customer Support. So long as you can demonstrate that you delivered work inline with the expectations of your gig, and that you maintained a clear and polite exchange with the ‘client from hell’ then Customer Support should help you. In my case they refused the buyer’s refund and removed the unfair feedback from my profile. I have read many stories where CS apparently weren’t helpful to the seller - but in my case they were excellent.

I’m happy to hear that.

And yes, you have to be firm, polite and keep reiterating (with proof) that you’ve done and delivered everything you were asked to do and got the approval.

I’ve had a few instances where the buyer tried to spin it as “well, I liked it then but I don’t like it now” but CS supported me.

@eshanz7, Here is a review from your buyer’s profile. It shows that your buyer has a history of trying to steal work from other sellers too. I always check the profile of any buyer that contacts me to see if there are any reviews like this. If there are I will not work with them, even if it means cancelling an order.

I have completed this buyer all requirements in agreed price. I delivered the work. He asked me to do more work for him when I said I am not available he threaten me and said he will leave a bad review if I don’t take his work on his terms and conditions. He also threaten to report me for false.

Almost sounds as though your buyer wants you to do some free work.

As said above, once they leave a rating, that is it. If they were to contact Fiverr to change it, it could get your account a warning, which you definitely do not want.

I would BLOCK this buyer if I were you.

GG

I have that impression, too: “if you want to make things good b.w us then do this work for me and he said he will resolve everything.” Total scam artist.

Never let anyone blackmail you, @eshanz7. An order is a transaction. You don’t owe the buyer anything and he is NOT entitled to free work under any circumstances.

Archived