I dont appear in the first page of search anymore, after being there for nearly a year

loaloariad

Hello,

i have been active as a seller since may 2019, since then i upscaled my work in the market research category that made me on the top of the search page since july 2019, i have 100% positive ratings on that gig, and i hit all marks to become a top rated seller but was not selected till now, i know its manual, but the problem that now i dont even appear in the first page of my category anymore !!

i thought when i get better, i should be more recognized and recommended by fiverr , if you compared my gig and work to others you will know the difference. i provide high ticket sales ranging from 650$ to 1500$ per sale, and i was continuously demanded for the past 6 month to provide high end Market research reports.

i have solid numbers all my ratings, on time deliveries , completion rates, no warnings and brining solid profit every month with no drawbacks. not being a top rated seller is ok with me (although i deserve it ) but being taken out from the first page of the search of my category after being there since last year is unfair, especially that my performance is getting better every month, i went from charging 20$ per report to 1500$ per report and i keep getting orders.

fiverr’s customer service is saying “Our goal is to ensure the best gigs are displayed when users use our search engine. For example, we do not display gigs that are not active, or from sellers who are on vacation, or from sellers who receive low ratings and reviews, etc. We consider a multitude of factors when displaying search results. The gig search position is based on our algorithm and Customer support can’t manually upgrade the gig’s search position.”

as if they are talking to a new seller, i kept on saying that i know that, and my performance is getting better, im always active and getting orders constantly , all my stats are 100% and overall rating of 4.9.

since then i upscaled my work in the market research category that made me on the top of the search page since july 2019, i have 100% positive ratings on that gig, and i hit all marks to become a top rated seller but was not selected till now, i know its manual, but the problem that now i dont even appear in the first page of my category anymore

i provide high ticket sales ranging from 650$ to 1500$ per sale

I just did a search for “market research” and your gig was shown on the bottom of the first page of results. Maybe it might be higher on the first page if the basic price lower - all the other gigs shown on the first page except the pro gigs have a lower starting price than your current starting price ($200). Maybe the issue was affected by a quite recent slightly lower rating or something as well as possibly price.

But like has been said, it might be different based on the person doing the search. Maybe if most buyer’s are unlikely to buy something for >=$200 it would be less likely to show those gigs high on the first pages to those people.

since then i upscaled my work in the market research category that made me on the top of the search page since july 2019, i have 100% positive ratings on that gig, and i hit all marks to become a top rated seller but was not selected till now, i know its manual, but the problem that now i dont even appear in the first page of my category anymore

i provide high ticket sales ranging from 650$ to 1500$ per sale

I just did a search for “market research” and your gig was shown on the bottom of the first page of results. Maybe it might be higher on the first page if the basic price lower - all the other gigs shown on the first page except the pro gigs have a lower starting price than your current starting price ($200). Maybe the issue was affected by a quite recent slightly lower rating or something as well as possibly price.

But like has been said, it might be different based on the person doing the search. Maybe if most buyer’s are unlikely to buy something for >=$200 it would be less likely to show those gigs high on the first pages to those people.

hello, my prices are like that for the past 4 month, and i always get sales, Well after i completed around 7 high ticket orders, all with 5 stars ratings, i now show in the 1st page of the search again. thank you for your response

hello, my prices are like that for the past 4 month, and i always get sales, Well after i completed around 7 high ticket orders, all with 5 stars ratings, i now show in the 1st page of the search again. thank you for your response

Well after i completed around 7 high ticket orders

You got 7 orders in the past 10-14 days when your gig was not being shown

You got 85 in the previous 10 months when your gig was ranking high.

Essentially, not ranking gave you around double your average number of orders for two weeks. I wouldn’t be celebrating being back on the first page 🙂

I don’t think I’ve EVER been on the first page - in 8 years - and I am one of the highest rated in my category.

Fiverr doesn’t owe you marketing services… you need to learn how to market yourself, as well… and not depend on gig placement - because it changes all the time.

Well after i completed around 7 high ticket orders

You got 7 orders in the past 10-14 days when your gig was not being shown

You got 85 in the previous 10 months when your gig was ranking high.

Essentially, not ranking gave you around double your average number of orders for two weeks. I wouldn’t be celebrating being back on the first page 🙂

Well, i did get more than 85 order in the last 10 month as there were lots of orders that are not rated and dont show in my profile, and the orders i got are from returning customers, not new ones

I don’t think I’ve EVER been on the first page - in 8 years - and I am one of the highest rated in my category.

Fiverr doesn’t owe you marketing services… you need to learn how to market yourself, as well… and not depend on gig placement - because it changes all the time.

I agree, but the traffic you are exposed to when you are in the first page of the search is huge, and i have been there almost always. What im debating in this post is that fiverr tells me that the better performance i get the higher my rank on the page will be. But that was not the case as my performance was getting better and i lost my spot , so there claim was wrong. I was trying to figure out their algorithm they depend on

Your personal performance doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with Fiverr’s business goals, one of which is likely to visibly give other sellers a chance so they don’t feel their efforts are futile and then leave and talk smack about Fiverr online.

Just because you were ranking high, that doesn’t mean you should stay there. I’d be grateful I was there for that length of time at all. You can always rework your business so you can get business without ranking high or try to rank for something that has high demand but low competition. That’s what most sellers have to do.

Your personal performance doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with Fiverr’s business goals, one of which is likely to visibly give other sellers a chance so they don’t feel their efforts are futile and then leave and talk smack about Fiverr online.

Just because you were ranking high, that doesn’t mean you should stay there. I’d be grateful I was there for that length of time at all. You can always rework your business so you can get business without ranking high or try to rank for something that has high demand but low competition. That’s what most sellers have to do.

I just looked and the last review was 3.7 saying they prefer others work over this seller, I’m sure this will be removed too and I am the ONLY one being removed for providing valuable input that was asked of us, but this could be a reason why. When someone asks for help and everyone is trying to help them but there is a comeback for all suggestions yes that get’s frustrating and also, isn’t there FAQ’s section on this? Just trying to help a fellow seller with the same degree I have. Again sorry you got offended but some of the rest of us were too and this will effect your orders I’m sure. Have a grand day!

I agree, but the traffic you are exposed to when you are in the first page of the search is huge, and i have been there almost always. What im debating in this post is that fiverr tells me that the better performance i get the higher my rank on the page will be. But that was not the case as my performance was getting better and i lost my spot , so there claim was wrong. I was trying to figure out their algorithm they depend on

I was trying to figure out their algorithm

That’s not easy to do. There are private reviews buyers give sellers that only fiverr staff see. That is weighted very heavily so that has a lot to do with where your gigs show up probably, although all anyone of us can do is guess.

I had my best selling gig moved from first page to last page for over a year several years ago, until I changed the main image on it so it really could be literally anything. You can drive yourself crazy over it if you let it. There is no way to know for sure why it happens usually.

I was trying to figure out their algorithm

That’s not easy to do. There are private reviews buyers give sellers that only fiverr staff see. That is weighted very heavily so that has a lot to do with where your gigs show up probably, although all anyone of us can do is guess.

I had my best selling gig moved from first page to last page for over a year several years ago, until I changed the main image on it so it really could be literally anything. You can drive yourself crazy over it if you let it. There is no way to know for sure why it happens usually.

why

im sorry if i offended anyone , definitely was not my intention, may be i weren’t clear enough in my description to the situation, as i said i just wanted to know why so that i can get better, sorry again and i wash all the best to you 🙂

why

im sorry if i offended anyone , definitely was not my intention, may be i weren’t clear enough in my description to the situation, as i said i just wanted to know why so that i can get better, sorry again and i wash all the best to you 🙂

I apologize to you also, maybe I should have reread it again. I do understand your frustration and completely get your questions. I may have the same ones if I was here as long as you have been. I didn’t want to offend you in any way. I just didn’t want any “newbees” here to feel bad or insulted and again, maybe that was ME reading wrong. I wish you the best of luck @loaloariad and again, I’m sorry for my not so nice words.

• 3 months later...

Archived