The biggest order

fogi

Winning so far! I wasn’t aware of 45 days deadlines on fiverr, however. Is that possible? Or it was a product of the revision process?

Fiverr doesn’t allow for any gig to have a default delivery time longer than 30 days.

However, this project was a custom order one.

We needed a longer delivery window (revisions included) so the project was broken up into two phases, one phase took 30 days to complete, phase two took about 15.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest to date was just over $3k for a 3 week project which was done over the Christmas holidays a couple of years ago. Great client, came at a nice time when I wasn’t busy and the work was simply a lot of volume rather than technical.
It came through buyer requests when the buyer budget was $500. I informed them that their budget was far too low and that paying less would be a waste as the work couldn’t be up to the required standard at that price. After a little discussion, they agreed and ordered.

(This is one of the reasons I still check in on BRs on a daily basis despite the frustration it causes)

My biggest to date was just over $3k for a 3 week project which was done over the Christmas holidays a couple of years ago. Great client, came at a nice time when I wasn’t busy and the work was simply a lot of volume rather than technical.

It came through buyer requests when the buyer budget was $500. I informed them that their budget was far too low and that paying less would be a waste as the work couldn’t be up to the required standard at that price. After a little discussion, they agreed and ordered.

(This is one of the reasons I still check in on BRs on a daily basis despite the frustration it causes)

Well played! There’s the rare gem in buyer requests, but most of it is trash.

Btw, I never got to announce mine. My biggest order so far was $4k, and the order was closed in 9 days (but actual work itself was probably 2-3 days, the rest was waiting for feedback, assets, etc.). Client was great, great communication, super sensible revisions. Outstanding experience! (xD)

on a more serious note if there was a discussion around structuring offers (I dont mean buyers requests) it may help people to create offers that value their work and knowledge & skill required to create the work & show the buyers the value of the work and why they are paying xyz amount and why it is justified.

People are just going to make up figures here. I could tell you my biggest orders was 42,000$ and you wouldn’t know if it was true or not but my inbox would need a nice burial plot.

on a more serious note if there was a discussion around structuring offers (I dont mean buyers requests) it may help people to create offers that value their work and knowledge & skill required to create the work & show the buyers the value of the work and why they are paying xyz amount and why it is justified.

People are just going to make up figures here. I could tell you my biggest orders was 42,000$ and you wouldn’t know if it was true or not but my inbox would need a nice burial plot.

I was curious about the ceiling for gig pricing, but specially about how very large orders compare to regular orders in terms of work/stress/etc.

And sure, people can lie, but within certain limits. If somebody just throws a ridiculous number, depending on their profile, it will be obvious. So far all sounded pretty legit.

I like how the numbers got progressively bigger for each post. Maybe some will post screen shots to back it up.

I can write a piece of content about how to price your service and how to create a strong proposal if people are interested in that.

I can write a piece of content about how to price your service and how to create a strong proposal if people are interested in that.

I’m definitely interested in that. You seem to be the champion of big sales around here so far, so would be interesting!

My rationale behind posting an honest answer with a figure here was that the forum is full of discussions based around $5-20 orders and it gives the impression that this is what should be expected on Fiverr. In certain sectors maybe it is but there is a far higher price point available for most sectors, with or without a Pro gig.

I too would love to see advice given from people who make big ticket sales. The vast majority of posts don’t cover this. Back when the the expected apocalypse around Pro came along, I remember mentioning that all sellers should look at the opportunity for higher ticket services without being Pro. Anyone I know of that did that from that time has said they never looked back. Some are regular posters on the forum and occasionally mention that they have seen great benefit in focusing higher.
Maybe some posts about this would encourage others to leave chasing scraps to those who can’t offer anything better.

My rationale behind posting an honest answer with a figure here was that the forum is full of discussions based around $5-20 orders and it gives the impression that this is what should be expected on Fiverr. In certain sectors maybe it is but there is a far higher price point available for most sectors, with or without a Pro gig.

I too would love to see advice given from people who make big ticket sales. The vast majority of posts don’t cover this. Back when the the expected apocalypse around Pro came along, I remember mentioning that all sellers should look at the opportunity for higher ticket services without being Pro. Anyone I know of that did that from that time has said they never looked back. Some are regular posters on the forum and occasionally mention that they have seen great benefit in focusing higher.

Maybe some posts about this would encourage others to leave chasing scraps to those who can’t offer anything better.

This, 100%! I’ve been claiming this for a long time, nice to get some backup.

Just for the records, my biggest single order to date was also from buyers requests, and 4 digits.

If we count things like Frank’s split up order, though, I’ve had a few bigger ones than the BR one.

Archived